Wishlist: Quality of Life

Comments

• edited November 2019
    For all of you!

Not sure where I should put this, but in the very old thread the link broke when the account got closed down.  For those of you that want a wilderness map, this is what has worked for me.  I took a partially completed jpeg of Zulah's for seafaring back in 2016 and finished it.  Here is a link that should allow you to download it.  This is the same one that is on achaea.com, but not compressed, so you can scroll in and get the detail.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2n934zr7vu1xsyv/AchaeaSeaMap Ver19.png?dl=0

Be sure to download it, it's 4.7M.  If you just save as, you get a compressed file of around 301k and you might as well use the one on achaea.com.

Enjoy, Czan
  • I'd like to see a start and end line for wilderness and sea maps so one can easily capture it, gag it and place it onto a miniconsole.

for example
    ................;;;;;;;;;;wwwww      
    ................;;;;;;;;;;;wwww      
    ................;;;;;;;;;;;wwww      
    ...............;;;;;;;;;;;;wwwww     
    ..............;;;;;;;;;;;;;wwwww     
    ..............;;;;;;;;;;;;;;wwww     
    ..............;;;;;;;;;;;;;wwwww     
    .............;;;;;;;;;;;;wwwwwww     
    .............;;;;;;;;;;;wwwwwww      
    .............;;;;;;;;;w;wwwwww       
    ............;;;;;;;;;www;wwww        
    ++..........;;;;;;;;www;;wwww        
    ..+++++....;;;;;;;=wwwwwwwwww        
    .......+..;;;wwwww  wwwwwwwww        
    .......#+?#wwwwwww   wwwwwww         
    ......#####wwwwwwww   wwwww          
    ......###wwwwwwwwwww                 
    ......;##wwwwww                      
    ......;;;;wwww                       
    ......;;;;wwwww                      
    ......;;;;wwwww                      
    .......;;;;wwwww                     
    .......;;;wwwwww                     
    ......;;;;;;wwww                     
    ......;;;w;wwwww                     
    ------------------------------------ <-END
    spread positivity
  • They do it on Nexus somehow
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • And then the sailing map can shrink so it doesn't take hours.
  • edited November 2019
    @Vender , Here is a wilderness map in a mini console.

I didn't create this, nor do I have the expertise to know how it works.  It just does.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pj0rphswpoqkdrk/wilderness_map.xml?dl=0

Cz

• Clan-owned housing. Please please please please please. 
  • edited December 2019
    I wish assess would show both their base maximum health and their maximum health with their current arties/runes/et cetera.

Alternatively, a command to show what artefact powers someone is currently affected by.
  • edited December 2019
    Vakvyr said:
    I wish assess would show both their base maximum health and their maximum health with their current arties/runes/et cetera.

Alternatively, a command to show what artefact powers someone is currently affected by.
    Why do you need this? Adjusting health by removing artefacts during combat to thwart prep is illegal afaik. Rare minerals and runes can be seen on the persons description.

Also the health inspector trait essentially nullifies any issues that could come up, given you can assess during every attack. So if your falcon or defense stripping rite removes, say, weathering - you should be able to adjust pretty easily with the trait. Any prep class should be taking it imo.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited December 2019
    Atalkez said:
    Vakvyr said:

Why do you need this? Adjusting health by removing artefacts during combat to thwart prep is illegal afaik. Rare minerals and runes can be seen on the persons description.

Also the health inspector trait essentially nullifies any issues that could come up, given you can assess during every attack. So if your falcon or defense stripping rite removes, say, weathering - you should be able to adjust pretty easily with the trait. Any prep class should be taking it imo.
    I don't need it. You could put it on a five minute balance/eq for all I care. I'm just curious about how all the math works out without actually having to do much math.

On second thought five minutes might be a little excessive. Four minutes would probably be more reasonable.
  • I think my biggest wish right now is the ability to change up crafting licenses. 200 credits is a lot to throw away if you want to change from Cooking to one of the new design-based tradeskills available. 
  • Speaking of new design-based tradeskills... 'Fix artistry' is at the top of my wishlist* in big, bold, underlined letters.

*this is the wishlist that holds plausible wishes, not the one containing items like "let me have a multiroom, impenetrable fortress carved into a cliff, and also a falcon despite being a Serpent, without paying money"

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Would sell first born child for ability to add 7th weapon to a war galley, or a ship denizen that could shift non-decay weapons on a cool down.
  • The ability to HOUSE DEMOTE more than once per person per month. Seriously, we can do it for PROMOTE, and it just makes demoting a damned pain in the ass.
  • Keorin said:
    The ability to HOUSE DEMOTE more than once per person per month. Seriously, we can do it for PROMOTE, and it just makes demoting a damned pain in the ass.
    You used to be able to. Then Jonesey decided to demote Josoul from hr15 all the way down to hr3, just because he could.

• The Shield's got a policy where we try to only keep active leaders at hr14 and hr15 (or else everyone gets to be those ranks after a little while and it's quite silly). I like the policy, but actually implementing it, and needing to bring people from hr14 to 5 or 6 is a  -pain-.
  • Pyori said:
    Keorin said:
    The ability to HOUSE DEMOTE more than once per person per month. Seriously, we can do it for PROMOTE, and it just makes demoting a damned pain in the ass.
    You used to be able to. Then Jonesey decided to demote Josoul from hr15 all the way down to hr3, just because he could.

Silly...still doesn't fix the problem...unless admin are going to rule on a case-by-case bases if each demote is valid or not. In a situation like this there should either be an uprising and Jonesey is ousted or nobody cares and there is a dictatorship...easy peasy... :)
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Just use shouts.
  • Or like..  just show up with a raiding party.

• There are absolutely ways to do this already. But, this is quality of life wishes, unless I missed the thread.

Shackle of Garash (just buy mass)
    The dueling horn (just send a tell/shout)
    Death Coil (heartstop)
    Bait bucket (buy bait)
    Minipets (pointless)
    Bracelet of Sustenance (get level 80)
    etc. etc.

Toss it in with the War talisman set, and if you don't want one don't buy one. SHOUTSOFF is the best way to play this game.
  • Given how inane shouting often ends up - both from the people laying out challenges, and the people who almost invariably respond - I can't say I'd mind there being a more generalised way of making some sort of challenge known.
  • Keorin said:
    Given how inane shouting often ends up - both from the people laying out challenges, and the people who almost invariably respond - I can't say I'd mind there being a more generalised way of making some sort of challenge known.
    I'd quite like it if shouts were Divine/NPC only, to be honest. Most of the nonsense that gets shouted is just people and their over-inflated sense of self importance, and could honestly be done in a tell to the person they are shouting at.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• Also 90% of shout replies are from the same small group of people. 

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• The ability to shift levels of an artie you own. Lvl 3 rapier down to 1... or lvl 3 str down to 2. Raise it up after as desired. Cant be done if on aggression timer.
  • Adrik said:
    The ability to shift levels of an artie you own. Lvl 3 rapier down to 1... or lvl 3 str down to 2. Raise it up after as desired. Cant be done if on aggression timer.
    Interesting idea for use as a "leveling the playing field" tactic. Only concern I can see here is people trolling with con arties since break points change with health level. Aggression timer lessens it.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Iaxus said:
    Adrik said:
    The ability to shift levels of an artie you own. Lvl 3 rapier down to 1... or lvl 3 str down to 2. Raise it up after as desired. Cant be done if on aggression timer.
    Interesting idea for use as a "leveling the playing field" tactic. Only concern I can see here is people trolling with con arties since break points change with health level. Aggression timer lessens it.
    Not even just a level the playing field, but also matters of testing and helping other players test arties / stat changes BEFORE they buy an artie.
  • Adrik said:
    Iaxus said:
    Adrik said:
    Not even just a level the playing field, but also matters of testing and helping other players test arties / stat changes BEFORE they buy an artie.
    That would be extremely helpful. Because a novice Blademaster or Two-Hander asks "How fast is this?" and I have to shrug or go buy a forged weapon and test- I'm a coward and won't take my band off because I've had that sword so long I'm afraid it will bug out and instantly dust or something.
  • In Lusternia there are stages you can record performances on to play out at a different date. It's really cool to be able to watch how sermons or lectures play out in real time instead of having to read the awkward transcript/log of it pasted in the news sections,

I would love for each city or house to have an item or room that did this.
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Adrik said:
    Good idea! IDEA it?