Stop paralysis and stun from eating queues

2»

Comments

• This just in: Achaea is Pay to Win! Just not how you think. 

Pay for less latency and you win!

Now if only IRE would setup tiered payment plans where you pay more to get more faster service and capitalize on this completely fair and honest market strategy!
  • 2000 credit artefact for queue that respects afflictions.
  • Lenn said:
    2000 credit artefact for queue that respects afflictions.
    And you can go fuck right back off to the cat cafe.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    If gmcp.Char.Afflictions.List.paralysis then combo else combo/mind command end 
  • edited November 2019
    Archaeon said:
    If gmcp.Char.Afflictions.List.paralysis then combo else combo/mind command end 
    if gmcp.Char.Afflictions.List.paralysis ~= 1 then
     send("combo/mind command")
    end

lua gmcp.Char.Afflictions.List.paralysis
    false

combo/mind command
    <latency>
    Archaeon hits you with curare.

Your state of paralysis prevents that.
    You send your command into the mind of your opponent, doing nothing but taking away your equilibrum for 4s because your jab failed, dummy.

Is that more clear?

Ironically the easiest solution for this is to just make paralysis stop illusion/mind command/hallucination and other things that typically are effective/paired with abilities that are currently stopped with paralysis, but that probably reduces some defensive options particularly in regards to illusions where you might be trying to use it to throw off your opponents offense while in an affliction hole and paralyzed.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    What a niche example
  • Hmm, I dealt with this by tracking my own afflictions and nesting everything inside a paralysis/prone check.

My latency is likely better than some of yours, but doing the above should fix most of the outlier issues you’re talking about.

Also you don’t want to use the List like that, it doesn’t get removed until diagnosis unless something changed that I’m not aware of. I know they were adjusting gmcp things recently.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited November 2019
    Yeah, in my actual check I use wsysf.affs.paralysis which works more effectively for me on Wundersys but I was going with what was handed to me. That handles accidentally spamming the combos out while already paralyzed, but doesn't handle the case where it gets intercepted due to latency.

For the record, I understand the monk mind command is a class-specific problem that doesn't affect most people but when fighting a para/x class with a moderate ping, it's actually cancerous, lol. I don't think we need a queue for that. Just make paralysis stop command please and thank you.
  • @Namino This is exactly what classleads are for (HELP CLASSLEADS if you aren't familiar), though they won't be open again until early next year. Similar requests for other abilities have been approved in the past so I can imagine something will be done for mind command.
  • Yep. I was planning on it.

But it seemed relevant here too.  :p
  • I'm a few days late, but I'll echo that this is a frustrating problem for monk. But it's hardly just a monk problem, it also hits (to a lesser extent), any class that frequently contemplates or discerns, which is a lot more common.

I -do- have a script that adds or removes mind command or contemplate from my attack alias based on if I have paralysis or not. I don't think there's much I could do to make that script better. But I have fairly consistent .07 second ping or so, which means that there's always a window where my script can't fire quickly enough, and I get myself thrown uselessly off eq. It's not a rare occurrence, and it's hardly just a problem in monk.
  • Keorin said:
    I'm a few days late, but I'll echo that this is a frustrating problem for monk. But it's hardly just a monk problem, it also hits (to a lesser extent), any class that frequently contemplates or discerns, which is a lot more common.

I -do- have a script that adds or removes mind command or contemplate from my attack alias based on if I have paralysis or not. I don't think there's much I could do to make that script better. But I have fairly consistent .07 second ping or so, which means that there's always a window where my script can't fire quickly enough, and I get myself thrown uselessly off eq. It's not a rare occurrence, and it's hardly just a problem in monk.
    Discern doesn't go through if you're paralysed, and there is a trait for contemplate for that reason. Neither is as big of an issue as mind command, which I don't think is the end of the world, but a classlead for it should be thrown in next time they open up. I think one got rejected a few cycles back, but times change and you never know!
  • I have the trait for discern rather than for contemplate.
  • Lenn said:
    I have the trait for discern rather than for contemplate.
    That's for assess. Discern shows bleeding for Shamans/Blademasters.

When I was DW I just contemplated off of the reap line, since contemplate EQ is faster than reap, so it was fine.

• Yeah, assess.

I just manually contemplate, but it's still annoying when I get paralyzed.
  • The mind command issue is a "get good" issue. Time your attacks better so your opponent won't be attacking as you try to use mind command.

• Read the first reply to the post you linked, then reread my comment. 

• r/whoosh
  • edited November 2019
    Shit talking combat mechanics in an OOC setting instead of through classleads is TOXIC. 

Also, @Cooper, you said it wrong....
    @Minifie get gud.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Astarod said:
    Shit talking combat mechanics in an OOC setting instead of through classleads is TOXIC. 

Also, @Cooper, you said it wrong....
    @Minifie get gud.
    ...But you said it wrong, too. It's "git gud".

• edited November 2019
    The issue debanging the scripting argument isn't even one to do with monk's jab balance timer, really. If you script it to only send the mind command if the undeafening jab lands, you run into a bigger problem.

The number one use of mind command is to knock your opponent off of salve balance to delay their ability to cure a real break and allow you to complete a killpath. If you sweepkick, break a leg, and then jab and mind command, that's the classic open.

However, if you sweepkick, break a leg, then jab and script client-side to make sure the jab lands before you send the mind command, your setup is possibly (even probably, and perhaps even *certainly* in the cases of people with high latency) going to fail, as their server-side curing will begin healing the real break before your mind command apply goes through.

Again, this is an issue we'll bring up on classleads for sure. But it's not a 'git gud scrub' thing. Not everyone lives next door to the server.
  • I don't have to be an expert 1v1 fighter to give suggestions that will help people.

The "get good" thing was pretty clearly a joke, I even spelled it wrong and put it in quotes to make that clear.