I need an opinion (vessel crafting)

SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
edited October 2019 in The Blank Canvas
One of the biggest challenges with text crafting is choosing the right word to evoke the right image with your description.

The crafter's guild offers both glass and tumbler options for designs. Factually speaking:

Image result for tall tumbler
This is actually a tumbler (most drink glasses we know of like for juices and water are actually categorised as tumblers) even though my instinct is to just call it a tall glass. I'm curious if most other people are also inclined to just call it a glass while reserving tumblers as vessels typically used to hold whiskey. 


  • edited October 2019
    No. Here's tumblers. 

    Edit: Sorry. Real tired. Silly tired. Ignore me.
  • I'd call it a glass if it is made of glass. Otherwise, no, it isn't a glass. I hope I answered your question!
    Isn't it anime to scream "Ashaxei" every damn time you want to dramatically become a giant flying lizard?
  • I've never used "tumbler" outside seeing it in Achaea. To me, that picture is a tall glass. You could just call it a glass or cup in conversation, but if you said "tall glass" I would think of nothing else.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    I usually call them tumblers but I'm a weirdo
  • edited October 2019
    Glasses typically refer to stuff like wine glasses etc. I just call everything like that a glass, in everyday sort of conversation, though.

  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I'd call that a glass, and you sort of see it called glasses everywhere else in day-to-day conversation. At least in my experience.

    And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

    ...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

  • I usually just say short/tall. But I do know the classic whiskey tumbler is called a lowball/old fashioned glass. Designed to have things muddled within easier. Taller glasses that have wider tops and thicker bases are often refered to as highball glasses, and ones similar to what you have above I've seen called a Collins glass.

    A lot of these things may not hold up to a direct reference in Achaea. (I also could be slightly wrong. This bartending crash course was a couple of years back now). 
  • When someone says tumbler I think of a shorter, wider glass. I would call that a tall glass in casual conversation, or a Collins glass if I was in a bar.

  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I'd call you a tall glass... of water.  ;)

    Er, it. Yes. Probably just a tall glass yes.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Tumbler is a bit open ended, as there are a variety of glasses that are technically tumblers, including Collin's glasses, old fashioned (the ones people sip whiskey out of), highball glasses, shot glasses, etc. Can call it a tumbler and then specify the details in the actual description in regards to what kind.

Sign In or Register to comment.