Memorable quotes

Comments

• edited October 2019
    Your such a prick
  • edited October 2019
    Those words sound different if you have a hearing defect, maybe, or have an accent that uses inflection on certain words, in which case you're still wrong because accents are dumb, especially british accents
  • Pyori said:
    Cooper, the paragon of good RP.

Spelling something wrong, and using the wrong word entirely, are two different things. Also their/there vs they're, the latter sounds different aloud than the first two. Same with would of vs would have (and all similar words). Of course, if someone says their instead of there in a shout or something, you're a tool if you correct them. If it's in a news post, by all means.

Spelling corrects depend on how badly it was misspelled, you certainly can mention it since aloud it may very well sound completely different to whatever word they're trying to use. Mispelled would phonetically sound different to misspelled, for example.
    https://youtu.be/GAyt3KUVkrY
  • yeah, I'm not so sure their/there sounds different than they're. Sound the same to me. I'm gonna assume that's a regional/ dialectal thing? But, even as the person most likely to get grammar policed, I agree that phonetically obvious mistakes are fair game IG.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Their has emphasis on the ei, there has emphasis on the th. At least where I'm from.
  • @Archaeon I can't tell if you are messing with me or not. Like, I'm sitting here trying to say it both ways and its kinda melting my brain. 
  • edited October 2019
    Sounds different where I am too.  There and their sound the same, they're does not as there is a very slight "a" as if you were saying "are" instead of contracting it

Kinda like the first two sound like "th-eh-re" and the second is "th-ay-re"
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Fk it. Will start speaking norwegian and rp a brain tumor. Much better than sitting here saying their and there to an empty room.
  • Their : Shorter and sharper. For me when I make the TH in this way I press my tongue harder on my front teeth and my lips pull back more.

There : softer and slightly longer, kinda like a sigh. A bit sloppy on the shape discipline. :(
  • You say with a thick, rolling accent, "So if worms eat dirt, birds eat worms, and we eat birds... and most energy is lost in between...."

You ask with a thick, rolling accent, "If we eat dirt, does that mean we become beings of pure energy?"
    Isn't it anime to scream "Ashaxei" every damn time you want to dramatically become a giant flying lizard?
  • Your all crazy their is no way that they’re, their and there sound different. They’re is a reason there called Homophones!!
  • Stefana said:
    Thaisen said:
    Your all crazy their is no way that they’re, their and there sound different. They’re is a reason there called Homophones!!
    I want a divorce.
    At least her go-to isn’t whip abuse  :s
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • At least her go-to isn’t whip abuse  s

That means she's just trifling. If your woman won't beat you from time to time, she's not serious about you.
  • Dear God, @Nyneve must love me to death 😂
  • edited October 2019
    Punctured in a dozen places, a giant assassin bug leaves Astarod to choke on his own fluids.
    Punctured in a dozen places, a giant assassin bug leaves Astarod to choke on his own fluids.
    [Sulking in Barracks]

[Mindshell dashes in from the southwest]

You yelp in pain as @Mindshell gives you a solid kick to the shin.

A rolling wave of cleansing flame emanates from Mindshell reaching out to engulf all nearby.
    The flames engulf Tianondria, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flame engulfs you but does not burn; you feel your spirits soaring to ever greater heights as your strength becomes more.
    The flames engulf Mindshell, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.

Mindshell says, "Less dying to random things."

[Mindshell dashes away to the southwest]

Yes Mr. Stark. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • "Achaea has standards."

Message #15776      Sent by Achaea
    2019/10/14/20:36 Your bug report (detail: The "a tankard of cloudy ale" sold in the "Bar at the Brass Lantern Inn" has a third party message which forces a subjective reaction upon the drinker, which is against Achaea's own standards: "X takes a swallow from a tankard of cloudy ale, appreciation for the good brew showing in his/her eyes.") - has been removed because it is not a bug (usually meaning that this is the way things are intended to be). Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may be involved.

lol no you don't.
  • Lenn said:
    "Achaea has standards."

Message #15776      Sent by Achaea
    2019/10/14/20:36 Your bug report (detail: The "a tankard of cloudy ale" sold in the "Bar at the Brass Lantern Inn" has a third party message which forces a subjective reaction upon the drinker, which is against Achaea's own standards: "X takes a swallow from a tankard of cloudy ale, appreciation for the good brew showing in his/her eyes.") - has been removed because it is not a bug (usually meaning that this is the way things are intended to be). Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may be involved.

lol no you don't.

Inconsistent standards are still standards.
  • Do you think I'm surprised? I've been aware for years that Achaea has no real standards and Nicola just uses it as a flimsy excuse to deflect criticism.
  • Why are we bitching about a 22 year old third party message that's basically as sacred as the ancient code?

One does not touch the ancient code.
  • Morthif said:
    Lenn said:
    Do you think I'm surprised? I've been aware for years that Achaea has no real standards and Nicola just uses it as a flimsy excuse to deflect criticism.
    Why do you play Achaea? All you do is bitch about the game, the admins, the players.. I don't think I've ever seen you post anything that isn't negative.
    Wow buddy. Dial it back, maybe dial it so far back you're out the door and out of here.
    Just so we're clear, I'm a girl.
  • Morthif said:
    Lenn said:
    Do you think I'm surprised? I've been aware for years that Achaea has no real standards and Nicola just uses it as a flimsy excuse to deflect criticism.
    Why do you play Achaea? All you do is bitch about the game, the admins, the players.. I don't think I've ever seen you post anything that isn't negative.
    No, that's a portion of what I do on this forum, which is not actually the game.

In the actual game, I do all sorts of stuff. You're even there for some of it, gosh!

Are you that mad? You should calm down, it's just a game!
  • Lenn said:

Are you that mad? You should calm down, it's just a game!