Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Mizik said:
    Hmm sounds like I should manually clot. I guess the challenge comes when corrupt hits, my mana tanks and he starts actively pressuring health. Shield effective? Lyre/sip?
    Sentinel has it rough. Your best bet is to likely prep legs and trip on the inundate for a breather. Also pulling a Rangor/Rom and noosing the entire area is good.

• Pyori said:
    Mizik said:
    Hmm sounds like I should manually clot. I guess the challenge comes when corrupt hits, my mana tanks and he starts actively pressuring health. Shield effective? Lyre/sip?
    Sentinel has it rough. Your best bet is to likely prep legs and trip on the inundate for a breather. Also pulling a Rangor/Rom and noosing the entire area is good.
    Burrow + artie moss tattoo + first aid + artie boar/regen rings FTW. Trip break legs then use ensnare + butterfly transfix for some extra time if needed.
  • Sophi said:
    Can you forsake air while mistraled 
    No.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Does anyone have any information on just how much damage per strength point you get as a Tekura Monk? I know somewhere sometime someone has to have figured out the formula. 
  • Question to the Air Lords among us:

I thought tornado was a room hinder for everyone flying but apparently it doesn't work when I'm up in the air with my target? I noticed this in a spar with @Ainly then we tried it outside the arena this happened: https://ada-young.com/pastebin/5vgDqgwX

He was able to leave the room multiple times while I was flying with him but when I landed he said he couldn't leave. Is this how it should work?
  • That’s definitely a bug, cus the only escape for that is to either be Air lord or land then move
  • Or bribe RNJesus.
  • edited December 2019
    Whoops, that’s from October
  • I can say with 100% confidence that @Astarod 's tornados have hard stuck me while flying before.
  • Hmm tornado should be rng chance to leave similar to other room hinders, iirc.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Probably just RNG, yeah. It's like air piety. The log didn't show a good sample size.
  • Oh alright. Guess I just had bad luck, at least it makes sense again now. Thanks for the replies!
  • edited December 2019
    Farrah said:
    Probably just RNG, yeah. It's like air piety. The log didn't show a good sample size.

Yes, I am full of Pious Air. 

Can we start figuring these things out IC now. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • God forbid he works something out in game with a small sample size and then asks a combat forum section for clarification. Combat gatekeepers everywhere... 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited December 2019
    Astarod said:
    Farrah said:
    Probably just RNG, yeah. It's like air piety. The log didn't show a good sample size.

Can we not shame people for trying to improve by assuming the haven't tried to find the answer out IC?

@Jakiro, please don't ever feel intimidated about asking combat questions in the quick combat questions thread.  It's what it's here for! :)
  • edited December 2019
    Eryl said:
    Astarod said:
    Farrah said:

Can we not shame people for trying to improve by assuming the haven't tried to find the answer out IC?

@Jakiro, please don't ever feel intimidated about asking combat questions in the quick combat questions thread.  It's what it's here for! :)

Listen, if you haven't asked Astarod IC whether or not his air is glorious and holy or not, then what's the point of playing Achaea. (That was a joke mate :D )

• Do arte knight weapons affect break points? Or is it just a health damage increase?

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• They effect the break points as well, yes.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    how to not die to druid
  • Archaeon said:
    how to not die to druid

kill them before they kill you

• Few quick questions, want to figure out most things ic, but these are ooc questions so... please do not @ me for them.
    For hunting, is having a trigger to queue prepend eqbal k when I reap and doing rage manually and moving manually okay by automation rules?
    Also in hunting, is it okay to have a trigger to st none if I check health and it is below a certain amount, instead of typing it out?
    For PVP, is it okay to gag clotting so that I just see bleed and if I am out of mana, or is it important to keep this visible?
  • Yes yes and yes. As long as you are at the computer and can respond when/if promoted, then you’re fine. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • 1) Most everyone bashes with balance triggers to re-hit and use battlerage. General agreement is that if you're at your computer and have to input something to start killing, and input something to move, you're good. 
    2) Yes that's fine.
    3) Gagging clotting is commonplace. It's super spammy otherwise.

Rule of thumb for automation: Can you respond in a timely manner if someone sends you a tell? Do you do most movement on your own (not like WALK TO THERA, but moving the rooms in Thera)? If yes to both of those, you're good. Automation gets sketchy when you're automating things that generate gold and xp for you, with no manual input. So if you had a system where you typed "hunt" and walked away from your computer to go make a cuppa, and your client walked you to an area, bashed every room in the area, and then walked you back to your city, that's not okay.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    What if you are an ai program made to play muds?
  • Could someone give me a few pointers as to how to make fighting Psion slightly less cancerous? I basically need basic settings advice - clot, mana use cutoff, basic necessary prios (had unweaves at 25 and was losing me 20% mana per hit into swift death - moved them all just under para and now I can fight back).

Any way to prevent their atrocious hinder spam? It feels like I'm perma stupid/clumsy/paralysed, and they break a limb every 10s. 

What's causing all my mana pressure? I think it's my own gagged clotting mostly, since I can't see it in my logs.

Any other general tips to making fighting them actually FUN? Granted, I have Shadowstrike, so it's not like I can actually lose, but momentum kinda blows vs this unhindrable spam.
  • Psion desperately needs the new classleads. I posted my strategy to the last page of the curing bible if you want to check it out, but depending on your class, you won't have a good enough hinder and you're fighting as hard as hell just to get the chance to run away and reset the fight once they trigger a head break most time. Other than that, haem+bleed should move haem up to stop bloodburn, and then unweaves + asthma do the same thing to prevent the weaves from creeping up. Basically paralysis has to drop down at some point, but then you're prone for a balance and they'll impatience you.

The class is mondo strong right now.
  • Is it? Psion can seem oppressive, but its kills are slow and heavily telegraphed. It has several kill paths that it can pressure at once, which is its strength, but it -has- to pressure multiple at once, because each individual path is fairly avoidable on its own. At its core, its basic attacks are slow for an aff class, its room hinder is poor, and its easily screwed up by a lot of things. Like, cure off haemo if you get close to 150 bleed, cure off unweaves if they stack high, make sure you don't prio other afflictions than paralysis when prone, and remember that if you're an affliction class, they're probably a lot slower to reach their kill than you are, they have slower attacks on the way there, and they're just as susceptible to clumsy as anyone else.
  • edited February 2020
    In practice I haven’t found any of that above to be true whatsoever. The only way I’ve been able to beat a Psion is by using Elord to break legs to disrupt their momentum, or abuse evade as serpent/BM. I poured over the priority switching, and while you may avoid the lock for a balance or two, you get the condition nearly immediately. If you dodge the lock you get mindblasted, if not deconstructed because you dared to cure paralysis twice.

They also are not “slow”, they paralyse faster than an Apostate can and against a full artied Serpent, they stack afflictions better than I can. People say clumsiness helps, what exactly does it make the Psion miss? I’ve never felt like clumsiness helped me, always felt like I’m better off pushing a quick lock because I can’t get more than two kelps before I’m broken or having to go defensive. That’s not even touching the idiocy of the design of Expunge.

Edit: Maybe I have shitty luck but I’ve never once gotten away from a Psion in room while lightbind is active. Only when it fades. Also shielding does absolutely nothing against them since they paralyse and prone through it. I lean Namino on this one, the class needs some work.

• edited February 2020
    This is like the least helpful advice.

Where's their mana pressure come from? Not their 20% per hit one, but their regular one. Is it just me clotting?