Toninwerks, art commissions ahoy!

I've decided to open a thread for commissions! Hooray. Because people have been asking similar questions about it, I decided I'd just put a little FAQ/terms thing together.

If you want to see examples of my work so far, they're posted in the "We draw our characters" thread on page 55: https://forums.achaea.com/discussion/619/we-draw-our-characters/p55
I may post finished pieces here or in the thread linked above, but I'm trying to avoid posting them in both. If you have any  questions not mentioned or covered below, please feel free to ask, either here or in my messages.

------------
1. PRICING
------------

A. First and foremost in determining price is the overall type of image you want, whether it be a simple headshot portrait, a full-body shot, an illustrated scene, etc. Generally speaking, the complexity of a scene rises quickly the more objects or people are placed in it.
B. Apart from the number of items, the complexity of those individual items can make a big difference, so it's very helpful to get descriptions of you and all of the items/characters you want included before I start. Incredibly intricate or detailed items, as well as items that defy physical laws or description are best used in moderation.

--------------------------
2. REVISIONS/ALTERATIONS
--------------------------

***Revisions may be free depending on the nature and timing of the request.

A. Generally throughout the course of the painting I will send send either a thumbnail sketch or a 'rough draft' of sorts. These are generally very quickly done and intended to let you see a very basic idea of what the end result will look like. This is the optimal time to make any major corrections or changes! If I got your hairstyle wrong, or forgot your favorite earrings, or you just want to throw it all away and start with a new concept, now's the time to do it.
B. Once I begin the process of finalizing the painting, I will check in once more with you. At this point, I will only do certain minor alterations at request without additional cost.

-----------------------
3. SLOTS/AVAILABILITY
-----------------------

A. Depending on people's interest and my availability to work, I may have to limit or stop accepting commissions, with or without warning. However, if I've already accepted payment from you, rest assured that I will finish whatever image we've agreed on.
B. If for whatever reason I haven't been able to contact you for an extended period of time, I may put work on your image on hold until I can reach you. If I have other people waiting for paintings, this time might be shorter.
C. If your painting is about to be put on hold for any reason, I will attempt to contact you via the last successful mode of communication. Without a response, I may continue to accept commissions, and they will receive priority. I do this to make sure multiple people aren't waiting an inordinate amount of time due to an inability to continue a single commission.
D. If you plan to be out of town or otherwise engaged and won't be able to respond, let me know ahead of time and I will continue to work without holding.

-----------------------
4. CONTACT
-----------------------

A. The best place to reach me is the Achaea forums at my inbox. Shoot me a message and I'd be happy to talk shop. I prefer to have descriptions sent there as well, since they're easy for me to access and reference.
B. If you have some alternative means of communication you want to use, you can let me know but it's unlikely I'm going to download or install anything.
C. If you don't care to have input in the creative process, that's alright. Just let me know upfront or I'm probably going to inadvertently pester you with messages.

-----------------------
5. RIGHTS
-----------------------

A. When commissioning a piece from me, feel free to use it in whatever way you see fit, with the exception of reselling or including it in any commercial work without my express written consent.
B. I will retain the right to display any work I have completed in a portfolio, which includes uploading or sharing to the forums or other websites of my choosing.
C. I may change or add to these terms at any time with or without warning, however terms changes will not be retroactively applied to any agreement once payment has been rendered and accepted.
D. By rendering payment for the agreed upon image, you are accepting without condition all the terms in every section listed above.

-----------------------
6. RECORD
-----------------------
Active and complete commissions will be listed here for those interested in wait times, etc. If for whatever reason you don't want your name listed, let me know as soon as possible.

Ellodin - Complete
Aegoth - In progress

Comments

• edited September 2019
    Hi Tonin,

The below was posted in some "selling healing energy" thread, but might apply to you! You don't say if the price is in credits or $, but the "rights" part implies real money.

The picture above here is a snip, posting this so people don't get too confused and think Nicola posted in this thread too.

• Cooper said:
    Hi Tonin,

The below was posted in some "selling healing energy" thread, but might apply to you! You don't say if the price is in credits or $, but the "rights" part implies real money.

The picture above here is a snip, posting this so people don't get too confused and think Nicola posted in this thread too.

The "rights" part actually implies basic exchange of goods or services. Regardless of what's being traded, basic protections typically apply to protect both parties against fraud and other similar behaviors, regardless of whether cash changes hands or not. If you agree to mow someone's lawn in exchange for some nice lemonade and they never bring it out to you, technically they've still broken a verbal contract.

• me when I hear there was a "selling healing energy" thread. . .

Also shut up and take my money!
  • I vouch for Tonin's professionalism, speed, and artistic process. Fantastic in discussions over artistic choices.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Well, I can't figure out how to edit the OP (if I even can!)

But I'm already at my limit (for now!)

6. RECORD

Active and complete commissions will be listed here for those interested in wait times, etc. If for whatever reason you don't want your name listed, let me know as soon as possible.

Ellodin - Complete (really!)
    Aegoth - In progress
    Stefana - Pending
    Minifie - Pending

Feel free to still message me with questions or to reserve a spot, but there will be a bit of a wait for the immediate future.
  • May I join the queue? Your art is amazing.  <3
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Tell ysela what up for me