We Draw Our Characters

Comments

• Tahquil said:
    I don't mind the tone. I always feel super guilty of mistakes because they give us the guidelines and request we check just to try and alleviate their workload. Then the get stuff like my last submission and the must feel like "sigh.... we've been over this a thousand times....."
    Yeah but they also signed up for that job. That'd be like if I got upset every time I had to slit my wrist over an endless pit in Mhaldor.

"What!? They want us to fill a giant void with our blood AGAIN!? No end in sight? I'm writing an angry letter to Sartan, and let me just tell you, it will have a tone."
  • Tonin said:
    Tahquil said:
    I don't mind the tone. I always feel super guilty of mistakes because they give us the guidelines and request we check just to try and alleviate their workload. Then the get stuff like my last submission and the must feel like "sigh.... we've been over this a thousand times....."
    Yeah but they also signed up for that job. That'd be like if I got upset every time I had to slit my wrist over an endless pit in Mhaldor.

"What!? They want us to fill a giant void with our blood AGAIN!? No end in sight? I'm writing an angry letter to Sartan, and let me just tell you, it will have a tone."
    I 100 percent heard complaints like that during my time as Exsusiai, though usually people were smart enough not to actually write the angry letter.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • When were you last an active Exsusiai, 5 years?

• Cooper said:
    When were you last an active Exsusiai, 5 years?
    Yeah sounds about right.

• I second the level of snark we get being unnecessary. Things that were previously approved are no longer being allowed. Fine... you changed your mind. It's your game. But is it really necessary to talk to us like we're stupid as you explain that cotton candy is no longer something you find theme-appropriate?
  • RyxRyx North of Northreach
    I haven't gotten snark in design submissions yet, but I've gotten it in a bug report and a couple of the Nissa letters during the Fair that were pretty snarky. Every time came down to "you should know this already". The bug report was an honest mistake and I would have preferred a simple "not a bug" over the response I did get. The Nissa letters kept referencing "prior letters" that were being sent to someone who was ultimately on a real life vacation with no Internet connection, but at the time I was panicking because I didn't know who these letters were going to and no one in the village knew either. When I just asked Nissa where the letters were going, she didn't respond. I only found out after the person came back from vacation that they were sent to her. Working with incomplete information sucks, getting snark because I'm trying to get that information also sucks.

I get that the volunteers work super hard and have a lot on their plate. And I really, really appreciate that. But the tone of some of the responses does hurt sometimes and it's certainly discouraging. Like Tahquil said, it makes me feel super guilty.
  • This seems like it belongs on the rants thread.

• I've never gotten snark in a returned design review. Yes, they explain things in a concise manner that may seem curt but I've never seen a personal opinion expressed. Being concised can be misconstrued as curt or short, but it's always bee a list of my mistake followed by the reasoning of why it is a mistake.
  • SophiSophi Rally Point
    Don't take this the wrong way but your style reminds me of DA:O character portraits. Especially since your character is very Morrigan-ish.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Tahquil said:
    I don't think the tone is necessary at all, considering both parties are only human, and prone to make mistakes or overlook things. This is especially considering other factors such as being excited about a design, or simply being tired and missing something silly. I've seen things that got approved, even recently, that had mistakes that neither side caught until after it was already approved. It happens, but no reason to be condescending to one side from the other.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Absolutely amazing. Thank you again, Ryssa! 

• Beard is the best part :) 
  • All this art is incredible! I'd commission but I lack enough money to afford that and the rent.  :'(

Keep drawing, guys! You all have wonderful talent!
    Isn't it anime to scream "Ashaxei" every damn time you want to dramatically become a giant flying lizard?
  • That is one angry froggo.
  • I love it! Her furs look so soft, I want to touch them.

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Your style looks pretty nice, you should definitely go for it! 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Your style looks pretty nice, you should definitely go for it! 
    Thank you so much for the encouragement! I'll certainly consider it, especially since I need to get back to drawing more often. :)
  • SophiSophi Rally Point
    Hehe ducks 
  • Sphera said:
    I didn't draw this earlier because I was lazy.  :) Also, no flower crown because--you guessed it-- I'm lazy!

Yeah, I've been working on my... *looks down at a notecard* ...Cleen Leinz. Sure, that's it.

Anyways, I was thinking of doing a few commissions for credits, but I have no idea if I'm confident enough in my art or if anyone would actually want anything from me. :s
    I would absolutely get a commission from you. That is tots adorbz.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• Again, thanks a bunch for the encouraging words! I'll totally think about opening up commissions, even if only a few people take me up on it. =)