What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Vhaith said:
    Because I'm a wuss

Adventure embark easy

Phileo, the Combat Association Registrar tells you, "Your challenge for the hunting theme is as follows. Slay Ovoa, the Proprietor of Ioje Good luck!"

Help Ioje. Slaver compound. Up the tree. *recalls everything up the tree*

... I think Phileo is drunk.
    Ioje shouldn’t be difficult to get to at all!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • She slapped you so hard she left a hand print on your face?
  • edited September 2019
    Mindshell said:
    She slapped you so hard she left a hand print on your face?
    Mithraea did, yeah. She ripped his wings off too which is shown in the statue but it grew back eventually. 
  • The hand print is actually from Clem when he first restored Mila devotion from an excom, said I talked to much
  • edited September 2019
    Sobriquet said:
    You have recovered equilibrium.
    You reach out and clench a fist before Astarod, who screams and doubles over in agony as his skin
    suddenly bubbles with gangrenous growths.
    5847h, 6971m, 27080e, 30485w cxkdb[swsk]-41.1- 23:28:04.403 [  ](-72m, 1.0%) 
    Your body is wracked with pain by the dissonant vibrations.
    5640h, 6971m, 27080e, 30485w cxkdb[swsk]-41.1- 23:28:04.731 [  ](-207h, 3.5%) 
    One of your tentacles lashes out at Astarod, wrapping around his body and holding him firm.
    5640h, 6971m, 27080e, 30503w cxkdb[swsk]-41.1- 23:28:04.903 [  ]
    You may command another entity to do your bidding. (3.203s)
    You command your hound to rend the flesh of Astarod.
    You have slain @Astarod

Kill number 900. 

Sigh. I guess you can blatantly post logs of occultism against Ashtani and nothing'll happen. 

I personally thinl the whole factionalism in Hashan but not cutting them off from Occultism is kinda asinine but...

Congrats anyways dude! Just lmk when you are at 999 and I'll duel you for 1000! It's really cool to see people hit benchmarks like that. Don't take my mini-rant above directed at you, either. Glad to see you around lately. 

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • edited September 2019
    Zbaco said:
    - 2019/09/16 02:31:04 - Mrs. Tianondria Blackstone, Curator of Chaos executes Astarod by choking him
    to death with an exotic whip of pink and white leathers.

...do I even want to know?

Passion on the rough side never hurt anyone. 

Maybe me. 

Just me.

Help. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Sometimes he needs to be kept in line. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. 
  • Mrs. Tianondria Blackstone, Curator of Chaos executes Astarod by choking him to death with an exotic whip of pink and white leathers.

Shortly after a return from Ugrach...
    (Market): Astarod says, "Seeking a guidance counselor."

Don't forget the followup, @Zbaco
  • edited September 2019
    Astarod said:
    Sobriquet said:
    You reach out and clench a fist before Astarod, who screams and doubles over in agony as his skin
    One of your tentacles lashes out at Astarod, wrapping around his body and holding him firm.
    You have slain @Astarod

Kill number 900. 

Sigh. I guess you can blatantly post logs of occultism against Ashtani and nothing'll happen. 

I personally thinl the whole factionalism in Hashan but not cutting them off from Occultism is kinda asinine but...

Congrats anyways dude! Just lmk when you are at 999 and I'll duel you for 1000! It's really cool to see people hit benchmarks like that. Don't take my mini-rant above directed at you, either. Glad to see you around lately. 

This was at a shrine around NoNT, so not sure what that has to do with anything. Also, ask anyone in Hashan my stance on actually raiding the city itself. Also. 20m gold fine :p

900 isn't as much as some but I was pleased to get there. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Chubbs said:
    Mrs. Tianondria Blackstone, Curator of Chaos executes Astarod by choking him to death with an exotic whip of pink and white leathers.

Shortly after a return from Ugrach...
    (Market): Astarod says, "Seeking a guidance counselor."

Don't forget the followup, @Zbaco
    Haha, that’s the cutest deathsight I believe I’ve seen so far.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Sobriquet said:
    Astarod said:
    Sobriquet said:
    You have slain @Astarod

Kill number 900. 

This was at a shrine around NoNT, so not sure what that has to do with anything. Also, ask anyone in Hashan my stance on actually raiding the city itself. Also. 20m gold fine :p

Nah Sob, you should definitely be penalised in-game for posting a combat log to the forums. 

??
  • Jovolo said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Astarod said:
    Sobriquet said:
    You have slain @Astarod

Kill number 900. 

Nah Sob, you should definitely be penalised in-game for posting a combat log to the forums. 

??
    Wouldn't be the first time it has happened to me. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I picked up what he was putting down.
    All of you non-Ashtani Occultists shouldn't exist. It should be our faction-only class since Ashtan has, for quite a long time now, been radically factionalized.
  • Cobault said:
    I picked up what he was putting down.
    All of you non-Ashtani Occultists shouldn't exist. It should be our faction-only class since Ashtan has, for quite a long time now, been radically factionalized.

May want to wash your hands then.

Occultism and Tarot cant really be factionalized, however I agree to extent for Domination. That being said, an enemy status already hampers.
  • Asmodron said:
    Cobault said:

Occultism and Tarot cant really be factionalized, however I agree to extent for Domination. That being said, an enemy status already hampers.
    I really don't see how you could argue that Domination != Sublimation. The only difference is you guys get direct control whereas we do not. It'd be very easy to set up some kind of way to do it, but just seems like not fair treatment. 

• Astarod said:
    Asmodron said:
    Cobault said:

I really don't see how you could argue that Domination != Sublimation. The only difference is you guys get direct control whereas we do not. It'd be very easy to set up some kind of way to do it, but just seems like not fair treatment. 

Sublimation replaces Formulation, both of which are functioning skills that a player can switch between.

You're saying you want to complete negate use of Domination and deny access to a third skill for players, with no compensation or alternative.

Not that difficult to see the difference...
  • I mean it isn't unheard of for a faction to control full access to a skill. It is a relic of old chaos that Ashtan doesn't have the control Targ, Mhaldor or Eleusis have.
  • Accipiter said:
    I mean it isn't unheard of for a faction to control full access to a skill. It is a relic of old chaos that Ashtan doesn't have the control Targ, Mhaldor or Eleusis have.

There is no old or new Chaos, it's the same concept just different approaches.

Placing limited access on classes is what the admin are trying to avoid, not encourage. Personally I'd love some alternative provided for all of them but I know that isn't going to happen.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited September 2019
    Targ has no control, the Deacon of Celestia has been retired for ages (before I came back from dormancy an rl year ago) and unreplaced 

:sob:

I mean we will kill the shit out of you if you abuse Devotion, but we can't technically excom. 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I think it is fair to place a distinction when there is a complete replacement of a divine, just like when Sartan split those couple of times.

Ashtan has built an identity around Chaos that didn't exist before and is as strong as the other 3 factions. They should be on the same level as those factions to restrict abuse of their class. And it is only one class, not two or three like the other factions have. Hashan has more control over half a skill than Ashtan has over keeping their identity class.
  • CIJ should be able to delete Tarot from Occultist then if they don't like someone, if you want to play it like that.
  • Technically the other factions sometimes don't get direct control either, for example, the Nature faction. We can't enemy anyone willy nilly unless they actually attack Nature which usually just falls under the term of exterminations. Hence why there have been some Mhaldorian Druids, Sylvans, who haven't extermed that still have groves and such and others that got grandfathered in so there are some restrictions on faction usage. Not sure on the Evil or Good aside from the Deacon being retired for forever.
  • edited September 2019
    Accipiter said:
    I think it is fair to place a distinction when there is a complete replacement of a divine, just like when Sartan split those couple of times.

Ashtan has built an identity around Chaos that didn't exist before and is as strong as the other 3 factions. They should be on the same level as those factions to restrict abuse of their class. And it is only one class, not two or three like the other factions have. Hashan has more control over half a skill than Ashtan has over keeping their identity class.

"Complete replacement" has no basis here. Neither Eris nor Babel had control over karma or occultists or even domination, they were merely a part of the same source it was all connected to: Chaos.

Ashtan has built an identity around the Chaos Court and the agreement of the Ruinous Accords, not Chaos itself, simply because it wouldnt make sense.

As I said, I wouldnt mind Domination having a bit more authority as to who is allowed to use it, but that would restrict players seeking to utilize the class with no form of compensation...which is something that has shown to be unhealthy for the game.
  • I don't think there is any harm in restricting classes regardless of what the admins say.  It gives people a reason to play in a certain city and be the "us" crowd.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited September 2019
    Jiraishin said:
    Targ has no control, the Deacon of Celestia has been retired for ages (before I came back from dormancy an rl year ago) and unreplaced 

:sob:

I mean we will kill the shit out of you if you abuse Devotion, but we can't technically excom. 

Still though, I feel like you should be able to, because someone raiding Targossas, or even fighting Targossians as paladin/priest should be excommed. I mean, it feels like it gives validity, which is why Hashan being given alchie shikudo (I know they're very different) might rub some people the wrong way. 

I mean, I know lots of Ashtani think we should be able to control use of 'our' (can we even call it ours?) class. Torinn kind of hit the nail on the head. There are plenty of awesome classes available everywhere (Depthswalker, Elemental Lords, Runewarden, Serpent, and more). I don't see why we need people using occultism who aren't Ashtani unchecked. 

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Chaos entities can refuse to treat with someone, why can't this be extended to occultists who fight against Ashtan?  Since Ashtan's aligned with the Chaos Lords (whatever), and they're the ones you're treating with, if you're fighting against Ashtan you're fighting against the very ideals you're apparently ok making bargains with for power.  Seems ass-backwards. 
  • edited September 2019
    You can pretty much swing the argument any which way you like lol, at the end of the day it's the admin who end up making the decision and they can change the narrative to suit whatever direction they take.