Aeonics visual effects

So, I'm more than a bit vain about my characters at times and I'm trying to figure out how use of Aeonics' age mechanic actually looks IC. It'd feel a bit awkward to me for an, "Adult to elder and back again" system to exist versus simply tapping your own life force or manifesting the changes more in critical portions of your body. That is however, my personal sense of taste. That said, does this have to be so or can it be RPed in a different sense?

Comments

• So are you asking for permission to imagine your character isn't actually looking old when they abuse time magic? I don't really understand what you're wanting. I doubt anyone is going to have an opinion on how you should RP it.
  • Sybeth said:
    So, I'm more than a bit vain about my characters at times and I'm trying to figure out how use of Aeonics' age mechanic actually looks IC. It'd feel a bit awkward to me for an, "Adult to elder and back again" system to exist versus simply tapping your own life force or manifesting the changes more in critical portions of your body. That is however, my personal sense of taste. That said, does this have to be so or can it be RPed in a different sense?
    You can RP whatever you want about it, no one is going to tell you that you’re crazy unless you’re doing something crazy.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I can't see any reason for Aeonics age changes to necessarily affect ones appearance, given that there are all these characters hundreds of years old who don't look decrepit. So, like, if one wanted to imagine it that way there's no reason not to, but I also don't see that as default either.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited September 2019
    The third person aeonics messages do suggest visible change. Of course, what "older you" looks like is up to you... maybe they age visibly but entirely gracefully. And certainly adventurers do age slower than the norm, so how extreme those changes are should vary accordingly. 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • SophiSophi Rally Point
    Set your description based on gcp age value  :#
  • edited September 2019
    This is totally not CANON, however, I like to think that Astarod glows with grey as he becomes more and more 'old' with time magic. Where I got this idea is the grey coalescing around the scythe/people afflicted with timeloop. I just like to think that > wrinkled Asty. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • I would say they would visibly age, such as get taller or such, but not become "old" as the aeonic age is slightly different then real age