Shala-Khulia harbour expansion.

Shala-Khulia harbour is too important to seafaring to be as small as it currently is.

* Almost every trade worth doing requires you to dock there.

* It is accessible via ferry from the mainland and has a very small harbour fee, making it a good parking port for ships not being used.

* It is the only other harbour near Tapoa, which is arguably the most popular seamonster zone. Tapoa itself is small and perpetually jammed, making Shala the prime alternative for people without bronze tokens.

* It is considered a man-made harbour. You can even buy stores there and never have to move your ship.

In the last couple of RL months, the difficulty of docking at Shala has become more and more of a problem. Now with shipfitting and other changes that will make seafaring even more popular, this is only going to get worse. This harbour serves too many functions to be as tiny as it is, so I request that it be expanded.

Comments

• edited September 2019
    While I'm on the subject, I would also propose and request that Karbaz be bumped up to at least 10 slots, since there is no way to check this harbour in advance of sailing to it, and it is a trade stop for several deals.

It is also the only harbour near a seamonster zone, I am told, and I believe certain seafaring adventures send you there. Not to mention all the reasons to visit the island that don't relate directly to seafaring.
  • Why is there even a limit on ports? Just make it cost more to dock there if there are more ships. Simple supply and demand.
  • edited September 2019
    Morzakai said:
    Why is there even a limit on ports? Just make it cost more to dock there if there are more ships. Simple supply and demand.
    Yeah, the limits are dumb. Either make them really big, have no limit, or cost gold for every achaean day a ship is docked there. I couldn't do an adventure because of all the dullards docked at Tapoa. 
  • It would be nice to have a way for sailors to petition for a port to be expanded, when it's highly used, and then be able to participate in some fashion in the expansion.
  • I vaguely recall somewhere @Nicola saying that if you had issues with harbours always full to contact them and they would/might expand them.. Could have been a fever dream though
  • Morthif said:
    I vaguely recall somewhere @Nicola saying that if you had issues with harbours always full to contact them and they would/might expand them.. Could have been a fever dream though

I absolutely remember them saying that.
  • Aalen is pretty much always full, and there are times Aalen, Polyargos, and Shala Khulia are full at the same time, so you can sail to Sea Lion Cove or Thraasi if you want a port anywhere even vaguely in the area.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    That sounds familiar, so I tried to find it. Unfortunately the search function here is very limited and couldn't track down any such reference.

• Honestly, I've always seemed to have issues with Tapoa/Aalen. It really sucks because it just makes me not want to sail because of the cost of 30 minutes sailing around in different directions because someone wants all three of their ships on Tapoa. You know?
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Sounds like something worth submitting an IDEA over.
  • Puxi said:
    Sounds like something worth submitting an IDEA over.
    I’ve seen this IDEA at least three times so far.  :)
  • Let's try again:

You submit the idea #424 'Remove the docking limit for all harbours' for review.

You submit the idea #425 'Expand the docking limit on Shala-Khulia, Aalen and Tapoa' for review.
  • Both ideas have reached sufficient support and voting has been closed for them. Now we wait. Thank you all who supported! 
  • edited September 2020
    In the past few days, Tuar and Clockwork Isle are both full. Mysia has also been full. Can we please have the harbors expanded?
  • Agreed about remove limits on manmade harbours, they don't do anything except frustrate people.