Svof

1293031323335»

Comments

• For those who where not in game when I announced it. We just sent a new update for the beta version. Should fix any looping issues with Diag as well as help fix some defup hangs on class change and dying. Download from the same link as always.
  • edited September 2019
    Just confirming -   This is the link: https://github.com/svof/svof  Then we hit the Releases dropdown on the left and go to in-client-svof if we want that yes?  Is there anything special to update the SVOF package when it's the in-client version?  (I know the installation of it is different than the regular one)
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Yessir

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited September 2019
    Once the client-side zip is downloaded, I unzip it in the same directory I unzipped it to last time, overwriting all files.  Is there anything else that needs to happen on mudlet's side or is that all squared away?
  • Torinn said:
    Once the client-side zip is downloaded, I unzip it in the same directory I unzipped it to last time, overwriting all files.  Is there anything else that needs to happen on mudlet's side or is that all squared away?
    As long as you have the sync boxes checked in module manager for all svo related stuff then you are good to go!
  • And mudlet is closed when you extract it.
  • I extracted the zip file to my previous SVOF folder that unzipped into before (and the module manager does have them all synced). I overwrote all the old files when I extracted.  When logging in some things no longer worked, like DEF, and I also was doing double actions.  I uninstalled and reinstalled in the module manager, and I still get stuck on deffing up deathsight.  Switching to Empty, then switching back always fixes it.  Did I mess it up somehow?  
  • Sounds like you did.
  • Yes well what did I do wrong?  :p
  • If your doing double actions it means you have 2 svo systems in the same profile. Normally
  • I don't think that was the case here.  I had one install in the module manager and none in the package manager.  It was as if mudlet still had the old version loaded (or still does since I haven't noticed any difference) even though the files were overwritten
  • Did you check to make sure you only have 1 svo in your profile files. The ones in .config
  • No I haven't checked that, will do so when I get home
  • edited September 2019
    @Kriex I just confirmed - There is only 1 svo in my profile files.
    The double action may actually be caused by lag.  I increased the VCONFIG LAG item and it seems to be less pronounced.  Still gets hung up on deathsight defup though D:
  • Do you have serverside curing and svof curing on at the same time? 

• I shouldn't, no.  I haven't touched that since I got SVOF years ago :D
  • Hmm, my Svof doesn't seem to be curing the first blackout anymore. Is this a known problem, or is it just mine?
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ismay said:
    Hmm, my Svof doesn't seem to be curing the first blackout anymore. Is this a known problem, or is it just mine?
    Have you checked out VCONFIG2 and checked tree scenarios to make sure it still has the blackout one selected?
  • Does anyone have an idea of why my latest mapper doesn't have key areas?

(mapper): Available options: 

Use Sprint? (sprint)                                  false
    Use a crowd-sourced map instead of IREs default? (crowdmap) true
    Use Atavian Wings? (duanatharan)                      false
    Use Aero Soar? (soar)                                 true
    Use Gare? (gare)                                      true
    Use Eagle Wings? (duanathar)                          true
    Lock all special exits? (lockspecials)                false
    Orb of Confinement active in Targossas? (orbtargossas) false
    Orb of Confinement active in Ashtan? (orbashtan)      true
    Set the color for room number echos? (echocolour)     cyan
    Use Dash? (dash)                                      false
    Have waterwalk (don't avoid water)? (waterwalk)       true
    Use Universe Tarot? (universe)                        false
    Lock all wormholes? (lockwormholes)                   true
    Lock all sewers? (locksewers)                         false
    Use Jester Runaway? (runaway)                         false
    Walk slowly instead of as quick as possible? (slowwalk) false
    Use Stratospheric Harness? (harness)                  false
    Use Island Wings? (duanatharic)                       false
    Orb of Confinement active in Hashan? (orbhashan)      false
    Orb of Confinement active in Mhaldor? (orbmhaldor)    false
    Take off shackle? (shackle)                           false
    Use Gallop? (gallop)                                  false
    Use Chenubian Wings? (duantahar)                      false
    Speak non-default language for wings: (winglanguage)  
    Show walking commands? (showcmds)                     true
    Orb of Confinement active in Eleusis? (orbeleusis)    false
    Orb of Confinement active in Cyrene? (orbcyrene)      false
    Remove Wings after using them? (removewings)          true
    Check for new maps from your MUD? (updatemap)         true
    Make use of your enchanted pebble? (pebble)           true

Argwin arrives from the north.
    7226h, 5590m, 28820e, 23600w cexkdb-38.3- 10:55:53.918 @tarlimbs [  ] 0
    (mapper): Room: The Crossroads #: 4472 area: Hashan, the City of (55)
    (mapper): Coordinates: x:0, y:0, z:0, locked: nope, weight: 1
    (mapper): Environment: Urban (8)
    (mapper): Exits (6):
      northwest -> The People's Bank of Hashan (4399)
      south -> Central Parade of the Founders (4471)
      southwest -> Serpentis Boulevard lined with old oaks (4510)
      southeast -> Postal Office of Hashan (4405)
      east -> Serpentis Boulevard approaching Parade of the Founders (4549)
      north -> Central Parade of the Founders (4473)
    (mapper): Stuff you can do:
      Clear all labels (in area) (whole map)
      Check for mapper & map updates (force map)
    (mapper): version 19.9.1.
    (mapper): Checking...
    7226h, 5590m, 28820e, 23600w cexkdb-38.3- 10:56:22.194 @tarlimbs [  ] 0
    (mapper): Don't know of any area named 'meropis'.
    [Info]: Time to vote, Sobriquet! http://www.achaea.com/vote We need 9 votes to reach rank 4!
    7226h, 5590m, 28820e, 23600w cexkdb-38.3- 10:56:33.163 @tarlimbs [  ] 0
    (mapper): Re-downloading the latest crowdmap...
    7226h, 5590m, 28820e, 23600w cexkdb-38.3- 10:57:16.544 @tarlimbs [  ] 0
    (mapper): Don't know of any area named 'meropis'.

Doesn't know Meropis, the Pavillion in Hashan or Bella's fens, for example. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Puxi said:
    Ismay said:
    Hmm, my Svof doesn't seem to be curing the first blackout anymore. Is this a known problem, or is it just mine?
    Have you checked out VCONFIG2 and checked tree scenarios to make sure it still has the blackout one selected?
    Blackout is checked. It used to work, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't now.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ismay said:
    Puxi said:
    Ismay said:

Didn't they change the way blackout shows in GMCP?   I made my own system and don't use SVOF but I seem to remember that being discussed here previously.  If they changed the way it shows in GMCP, and SVO uses GMCP..  1+1, no?

• Caelan said:
    Ismay said:
    Puxi said:
    Ismay said:

Didn't they change the way blackout shows in GMCP?   I made my own system and don't use SVOF but I seem to remember that being discussed here previously.  If they changed the way it shows in GMCP, and SVO uses GMCP..  1+1, no?
    Yes... I mentioned that a few posts up.... gmcp sends different blackout info now, so it doesn't cure it... and actually messes up alot of other things in svo as well.... 
    Nothing that can be changed easily either, so you gotta put something else into play for now
  • The beta inclient Svof has some fixes to the blackout gmcp change. 
  • Hi! I've tried changing the commandechotype to plain, but it seems to have a line space before the cure? Example below. Is there any way to change this?

Issuing a tiny grunt, a mhun miner gouges into your arm with his mining pick.

sip health
    5840h|83% 6470m|96% 26968e 29400w 69.2% e|dbkh-[20:24:20.191] Ashai(-220h, 3.1%) 
    Y
  • Any updates on this? Echo.. echo...
  • Is there any reason the NDB script shows everyone as a rogue when checking QWC? The names have been captured with honours.
  • You'll probably get a quicker answer in the Svof discord, even if it's still not guaranteed: https://discord.gg/Ysnawd8.