Character Theme Songs

Comments

• M'kay! So, I have to admit to listening to lots of anime songs, Kawaii Core, Lofi Hip-hop, etc. when playing Sphera. Especially when hunting! Just put on a playlist of battle music and I'm good bashing for hours.

I feel like this would be her general theme song, because of the innocent, happy-go-lucky vibe.

This would be her 'intense theme' for when fighting and hunting!

Oof, okay. I could list songs forever, but I think those would be her main two. :)

• There's always two songs that make me think of Cob when I hear them:

&

If I had to pick one for his theme song though? I gotta steal from Black Clover  <3

• Xallax on Cyrene's enemies: 

Xallax in general: 
    Isn't it anime to scream "Ashaxei" every damn time you want to dramatically become a giant flying lizard?
  • Hope I ain't necroing, because I found another.

If it's a necro sorry.
    Isn't it anime to scream "Ashaxei" every damn time you want to dramatically become a giant flying lizard?

• Nyn and Mila's 50th anniversary song

• Isn't it anime to scream "Ashaxei" every damn time you want to dramatically become a giant flying lizard?
  • edited February 2020
    This is definitely Lyri's theme song. Freaking love The Pretty Reckless btw. Cindy Lou Who became a badass freaking singer.

• Not really, but sort of (might fit better for an Imperiate than a Tyrannus)

• edited February 2020

Would probably be a good theme song for Taryius.
  • Think I found a better fit for Lyrikai. Totally forgot this band existed. But this is definitely more HER.

• Ysela said:
    Not really, but sort of (might fit better for an Imperiate than a Tyrannus)

The music of this has, by the way, later been made into the German national anthem, just with a different text. :#
  • Magenta said:
    Ysela said:
    Not really, but sort of (might fit better for an Imperiate than a Tyrannus)

The music of this has, by the way, later been made into the German national anthem, just with a different text. :#

Yeah, it's the "good emperor" vibe I'm after for Ysela, though. :)
  • I've yet to find a true 'theme song' for Zenui, particularly when it comes to the (quite important) religious aspect. Best I've come up with are several tracks off of the album The Life Of The World To Come by The Mountain Goats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks7wEx4m3sU

See in particular "Enoch 18:14" (which was a bonus track on the album proper), "1 John 4:16", "Deuteronomy 2:10" (though that's not in the above feature IIRC). (Another song by TMG that comes to mind is "Heretic Pride" but I rather hope that one will never be quite applicable...) The other one which comes to mind is an Explosions in the Sky track; not so much 'theme music' as musical accompaniment for Zenui in prayer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqChTn4PNuA

• I'd be interested in what theme songs people think of for other people's characters. 

I heard this song when @Curtis left the CIJ and I thought 'Well that's appropriate'.

• Perfect song for how Lyri is feeling right now.

• Billie Eilish, Bury a Friend:

(Party): Kondar says, "Anyone else a little terrified of Astrika right now?"
    (Party): Volan says, "No groin strikes please."

Ryldagh falls in a blaze of silver to Astrika, Acolyte of Cruelty's sword, Dark Gorillas.
    (Cyrene): Ahmet says, "Buahahaha."
    (Cyrene): Jayden says, "Hehehehe."
    (Cyrene): Ahmet says, "I am the evil Astrika, warrior of Mhaldor! Bow to my vicious blade, Dark Gorillas!"
  • edited April 2020
    Mizik goes Mhaldor

• edited April 2020
    I did it!
  • Mizik said:
    Mizik goes Mhaldor

You had to post the one with Bieber. I thought you were better than this, man.

• Bieber one 10x better
  • Mizik said:
    Bieber one 10x better

• edited May 2020
  • The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • I said up-thread that I hadn't yet found a theme song for Zen's sense of religion. After looking back through The Mountain Goats old lofi backlog, though, I came across this track and it just kinda works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWCKSBDjnmM. (The Hindu concept of bhakti is one I'd already identified with Zenui, but seeing it pop up in a John Darnielle song seemed too on point to ignore.)