Shipfitting Flair

A cheer spontaneously rises from every shipmate on board as work starts to wind down, soon crescendoing to a happy roar as tools are put away and everyone celebrates the vessel's new coat of paint.

With a burgeoning sense of exultation and loud cheers, the crew of Sudden Impulse lower the old, weathered sails, and raise in its stead new ones dyed a deep, attractive crimson.

As the last piece of trim is fitted to the ship, a cheer rises from the crew, signaling the end of the work.

So, uhhh, where are these extraordinarily costly updates noticeable? Don't see anything different at all.

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    if you stand at the harbour and do SHIP LOOK <shipname> you'll see it. 

• In addition to the above, the room descriptions of your ship change accordingly (not all flairs are visible in all rooms, but I believe every room is affected by at least one flair, most more), they are visible through a spyglass from another ship, and sails color in particular is visible on shipwarning.
  • hmm, very subtle changes for what they cost, didn't see a difference on shipwarning either
  • edited September 2019
    Elyra and I tested the shipwarning thing after she dyed her sails, the sail colour does not show. The only place I have noticed it so far was on SHIP LOOK GHY from the harbour, but maybe I just missed it in the room descriptions.

• Stefana said:
    Elyra and I tested the shipwarning thing after she dyed her sails, the sail colour does not show. The only place I have noticed it so far was on SHIP LOOK GHY from the harbour, but maybe I just missed it in the room descriptions.
    This should be working now!
  • pics or lies
  • edited September 2019
    Rhivona said:
    Stefana said:
    It shows now, but it's one word like "violetsails" instead of "violet sails".

You see "AVS Gypsy Hydra" flying a large golden flag bearing the arms of Elyra with violetsails to the E at close range.

• Stefana said:
    Rhivona said:
    Stefana said:

You see "AVS Gypsy Hydra" flying a large golden flag bearing the arms of Elyra with violetsails to the E at close range.

who the snot prefers "violet sails" when given "violetsails".
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Stefana said:
    Rhivona said:
    Stefana said:

Have you filed a TYPO in game for this?
  • edited September 2019
    Antonius said:
    Stefana said:
    Rhivona said:
    Stefana said:

Have you filed a TYPO in game for this?
    Yep! Just thought it bore posting the update here for anyone keeping track at home.

But maybe the admins agree with @Astarod and it is not a typo at all!  :p