Amusing/Entertaining/Interesting things you stumbled upon on the Internet

Comments

• This one reminded me of when the angels of Celestia visited Targossas:

• How it feels to make a deal with the Teth:

• The fact that Herev explained things with a fish parable makes it even better.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Does that make Hashan the pilot fish? -ponder-

• I know this is old, but I keep coming back to watch it over and over, and I adore it every time. It is absolutely brilliant. Don't believe me? Just watch!

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Man I love this video, always makes me think of my mom, who addooreeed the golden hollywood era. Dunno if she would have liked Bruno Mars or not... but I do so it's an A+ from me.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby

• I will leave this here sans context.

• Ironbeard has decided to visit via FFXIV Shadowbringers... something's a little different though. No presents, but lotsa smashing.
    meh

This guy edited his cat into various movie scenes:

• I have never seen this channel before today, and I'm pretty sure I watched every one of his videos...
    It's so accurate.

Gravehands in RL as a fungus

Image may contain plant and outdoor

Image may contain 2 people text                    

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Kresslack said:
    Gravehands in RL as a fungus

Image may contain plant and outdoor

They call it Stinkhorn in Skyrim!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Always love the Blender open movie shorts. Didn’t realize they had a new one out earlier this year https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WhWc3b3KhnY. Blender is an open source animation suite, and they make shorts to show off new features in the software. Go watch this. And then Sintel and Cosmic Laundromat ( those ones are darker FYI, but also very good ) 
  • Actually, when I say darker,  on cosmic laundromat, I should really say the opening is pretty freakin dark so be prepared.  but I can’t edit the first post anymore. So yeah.
  • I approve. Recycling.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Jiraishin said:
    I approve. Recycling.
    My name is Athelas, and I approve this message.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I'm not sure this is in the right forum section, but...

Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • edited December 2019
    Sorry if you cry:

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • TalamondTalamond Atop his throne of books
    I'm not actually a fan of wrestling, but I found this interesting:

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited December 2019
    I don't know how many storytelling nerds we have here, but there's bound to be a few, with the kind of game Achaea is.

So maybe four or so years ago I kinda fell into a few particular games that gave me that "ahah" moment people look for in terms of things to do with their life. I always knew I wanted to create something, something meaningful and important to me and those around me, but actually putting that into words, much less into substance, was excessively difficult for me. One of those games that really gave me such a moment was The Last of Us, a PS3/4 exclusive from 2013. Now, I'm not a shooter type, I find zombies boring and overused, and at first was generally not too interested. A few youtube videos and some playing later, though, and the experience more or less changed how I viewed not only gaming (something I have been doing since age five), but my potential to create things that have an impact on others as this had had an impact on me. The fact the game was written not just in script and visuals, but also in game mechanics to tell a cohesive story absolutely floored me, and I laughed and cried my way through the game and had a period of about two years where I was obsessed with it.

A lot of such videos are floating around now, but this particularly recent one really delves not just into the Youtuber's perspective, but the main creative director for The Last of Us, Neil Druckmann, on how they really put together and created this unique narrative in a medium similar to film, but with additional layers, as they put it. Suffice to say, if you like story nerd stuff, this is for you. Enjoy.

WARNING: Video has major spoilers for the game, so if you plan on playing it and have not yet, don't watch it. 

But I think this video teaches about the topic not just from the perspective of people creating stories in that exacting method, but also in such a way that its lessons can be easily carried over to Achaea, as well. It certainly gave me some food for thought for my own character and her story.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Last of Us was a true game changer for me when I finally played it. Thanks for sharing this!

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
    edited December 2019
    Last of Us was the first and so far last video game that got tears out of me. That first hour, god. Only Grave of the Fireflies got a similar kind of visceral reaction out of me.
  • Grave of the Fireflies takes awhile to set in but it does get to you. A Silent Voice is pretty good as well.
    @Melodie, I showed a friend that video. Here's one in return.