Achaean Raves

Comments

• Minifie said:

Can't stress that Cyrene has really picked up massively, and this is a ridiculous showing at willing to engage to kick people out of your City. Put that retaliation tank to good use and push our shit in please, I look forward to the fire returned our way <3
    Wtb font plz
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    From what I've heard about Cyrene's impending font, y'all went about it real weird. Should have just been like Ashtan and Mhaldor and went "Daaaaaad help us dad!" You even have two dads to choose from!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    From what I've heard about Cyrene's impending font, y'all went about it real weird. Should have just been like Ashtan and Mhaldor and went "Daaaaaad help us dad!" You even have two dads to choose from!
    I'll donate corpses to the Cyrene font cause. Also, why did you misspell your name in your signature?
  • Melodie said:
    Pffffff, what, and miss the chance to roleplay the entire bureaucratic design, planning, debate, acquisition, and implementation processes??? :p;)

(kidding, please to give font, we're dying over here...)

• Jiraishin said:
    My designs got approved!
    A NEW AGE OF KAWHE HAS DAWNED
    The flawlessly delicate bone structure of a Sidhe lady is on full display in 
    the form of this unsettling drinking vessel, which comprises her polished skull
    minus its jaw and with the top of its cranium neatly sawed off. The cranial 
    cavity has been reinforced with an alloy of platinum and steel and then lined 
    with clear glass, producing a leak-proof container. In the sockets where the 
    Sidhe's eyes once resided, facetted garnets of deep blood red glitter 
    sightlessly.
    It has 30 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 3 pounds and 2 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Jiraishin.
    Scalding hot kawhe sloshes darkly about, a rich aroma rising from the liquid 
    along with tendrils of steam.
    There are 3 sips remaining.

A garnet-eyed Sidhe skull containing black kawhe smells dark and rich, the 
    roast imparting notes of smoke and spice to the discerning nose.

Hot kawhe burns the inside of your mouth as you take a sip from a garnet-eyed 
    Sidhe skull, the smoky bitterness of the liquid balanced by a rich, spicy 
    warmth.

Just go back to mhaldor already  :3
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Torinn said:
    Jiraishin said:
    My designs got approved!
    A NEW AGE OF KAWHE HAS DAWNED
    The flawlessly delicate bone structure of a Sidhe lady is on full display in 
    the form of this unsettling drinking vessel, which comprises her polished skull
    minus its jaw and with the top of its cranium neatly sawed off. The cranial 
    cavity has been reinforced with an alloy of platinum and steel and then lined 
    with clear glass, producing a leak-proof container. In the sockets where the 
    Sidhe's eyes once resided, facetted garnets of deep blood red glitter 
    sightlessly.
    It has 30 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 3 pounds and 2 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Jiraishin.
    Scalding hot kawhe sloshes darkly about, a rich aroma rising from the liquid 
    along with tendrils of steam.
    There are 3 sips remaining.

A garnet-eyed Sidhe skull containing black kawhe smells dark and rich, the 
    roast imparting notes of smoke and spice to the discerning nose.

Hot kawhe burns the inside of your mouth as you take a sip from a garnet-eyed 
    Sidhe skull, the smoky bitterness of the liquid balanced by a rich, spicy 
    warmth.

Please don't say things like that, Soth will have a stress-induced heart attack

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Jiraishin said:
    Torinn said:

With everyone else gone and you now conspicuously drinking out of fairy skulls, I think the heart attack's a-comin' one way or another.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited September 2019
    Tonin said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Torinn said:

With everyone else gone and you now conspicuously drinking out of fairy skulls, I think the heart attack's a-comin' one way or another.
    Considering his citymates regularly hand Jir severed heads in full knowledge that he's going to cut the ears off and feed them to his dog, Soth is probably numb to the horror that is Jiraishin by this point.

I'm a little surprised the fairy skulls only hold 3 sips, though. According to google and some basic unit conversion, a human cranial cavity normally can hold between 1200 and 1700 cm3 of liquid. That means that even a small adult human skull can hold over 2 pints-- if Sidhe ladies were half the size of humans, that's still at least a pint mug. Wonder if I can appeal the sip amount up somehow.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Minifie said:

Can't stress that Cyrene has really picked up massively, and this is a ridiculous showing at willing to engage to kick people out of your City. Put that retaliation tank to good use and push our shit in please, I look forward to the fire returned our way <3
    Cyrene has always defended with pretty huge numbers I think, as long as they have a leader to lead them to the room.  If you can actually enemy all the defenders, you are already ahead of the norm.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Aegoth said:
    I think what he means is that Cyrene's attitude has change drastically from "Waaah raids waaah mommy halp let's evacuate the city!!" to "Let's fuck these gimp ass motherfuckers up!! Chaaaarge!!" They actually come at you, think of different tactics if something doesn't work, and are actively working to improve themselves. Yea sometimes they fall back, but overall the positive change has been rather encouraging to see.

My guess is because their CL has been awol for a while!
    A few people have been stepping up to lead and take initiative too. Unfortunately, one of them just up and retired. I'm hoping the interest stays strong and it keeps going.

• RyxRyx North of Northreach
  • Ye, but where? Please graffiti or put a poster up at Amarisse.
  • But did you find alpacas?
  • RyxRyx North of Northreach
    No Alpacas. :/

Will put a poster up about cotton next to Amarisse! (Any clothing with cotton in the name counts now. Just grab something off the public tailoring designs!)
  • Numira said:
    But did you find alpacas?
    I died three times yesterday trying to find those damned alpacas. 

• Jiraishin said:
    Numira said:
    :( you didn’t have to do that
  • Numira said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Numira said:
    :( you didn’t have to do that
    After that you are going to drink my skullkawhe and you are going to LIKE it.

• I think Amarisse is getting a kickback from the Fellowship of Explorers for this. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far.
  • Mroxyl said:
    I think Amarisse is getting a kickback from the Fellowship of Explorers for this. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far.
    Until I read that, I totally forgot how I got Questor of the Far Reaches between deaths 1 and 2 while searching for the alpacas.

• Just wanted to give a quick shoutout to @Elon. Thanks for returning the gold I dropped during raid defense earlier. You didn't have to but you still did and I thank you for it!

• Jiraishin said:

I'm a little surprised the fairy skulls only hold 3 sips, though. According to google and some basic unit conversion, a human cranial cavity normally can hold between 1200 and 1700 cm3 of liquid. That means that even a small adult human skull can hold over 2 pints-- if Sidhe ladies were half the size of humans, that's still at least a pint mug. Wonder if I can appeal the sip amount up somehow.
    I warned you! Now behold: look what has become of you!

• @Sothantos. @Jiraishin. @Lyndee. @Issam

Thanks for going along with the crazy roleplay last night. I know it ended with Israyhl leaving in the end, but thank you all for being awesome.

@Olisaphet, thanks for all the great rp. And all the rest of Targossas while it lasted. 
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Jiraishin said:
    General log for the City of Targossas:
    2019/09/06 00:32:46 - Jiraishin > SECURITY: Israyhl has failed a security check
    while stocking his shop, Traveler's Tip. This is the first offense: a fine of
    50k, payable to the city, is incurred.
    2019/09/06 05:15:59 - Israyhl quit the ranks of your military.
    2019/09/06 05:16:25 - Israyhl resigned from the ruling council of the city.
    2019/09/06 05:18:09 - Jiraishin declared Israyhl to be a formal enemy. Reason:
    Traitor.
    2019/09/06 05:18:16 - Jiraishin laid the charge of Oathbreaking against
    Israyhl.
    2019/09/06 05:18:20 - Jiraishin laid the charge of Treason against Israyhl.
    2019/09/06 19:11:36 - Jiraishin laid the charge of Still owes his shop security
    fine, traitor or not against Israyhl.
    :angry: You're not getting off that easily.
    Guess he really didn't like being fined

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Meanwhile, @Sothantos at @jiraishin's manditory 'remedial shop-keeping' lecture:

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • If you fined me 50k for a random check in my own city as a learning curve, I'd tell you to fuck off too.

You're nearly as bad as Ashtan. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."