Quick Questions

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    As per the wares list:

draft496265 a draft for a blank ceramic insert             99     500gp
            draft496829 a draft for a blank canvas                     98     500gp
            draft497019 a draft for a rough chunk of wood             100     500gp
            draft497088 a draft for a blank piece of slate            100     500gp
            draft497095 a draft for a blank sheet of parchment         99     500gp
            draft497220 a draft for a plain length of silk            100     500gp
            draft497311 a draft for a blank mural                     100     500gp

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Can anyone confirm what sort of item the base item silk is supposed to produce? I thought it might be silk tapestry but then the base word would be tapestry. So for this would it be 'silk painted with a war scene' or something?
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• I think that's the intended way. Visually kinda like a wall scroll.
  • What exactly is the 'taste' description for beverage designers supposed to be? What is it supposed to look like (besides being under 120 characters and ending in a full stop)? How does tasting differ from probing or drinking the liquid?

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • EllodinEllodin Hawaii
    edited September 2019
    if you buy food made with cooking, for instance, you can do SMELL and TASTE on the item for different lines. looks something like:

A plate of kung pao chicken smells like teen spirit.

A plate of kung pao chicken tastes like a punch in yo mouf.

assumedly, it's the same thing

p.s. try tasting your elixirs like frost or your health vials :)
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Thanks. This is my first time with a food-type design skill.

Custom kawhe here we come.

• I could swear steel encased strong chests requires a key from a mob/dug up or w/e or the handle method. I've been getting the keys but I can no longer unlock chest when I try to "unlock chest" (says I don't have the right key for it). Am I being dumb and forgetting something here? I did bug it but came back saying not a bug. 
  • This has been happening to me... but it's been happening for far longer then anything that may have been disturbed during the recent diving changes so they may have dismissed it thinking it was impossible because they didn't touch that section of code.
    @Ictinus @CodeMinion1

I just ignored it because I nearly always use the handle method.
  • Torben said:
    I could swear steel encased strong chests requires a key from a mob/dug up or w/e or the handle method. I've been getting the keys but I can no longer unlock chest when I try to "unlock chest" (says I don't have the right key for it). Am I being dumb and forgetting something here? I did bug it but came back saying not a bug. 
    It has always been my experience that if there is a key it works for the steel chest. This is definitely a new problem, as yesterday I did a bunch of diving, got way more keys than normal, and not a single one worked to open any chests. They are on average worth more if you use a key over the handle method. 
  • Is there evidence of the worth more?
  • edited September 2019
    I haven't had any success with keys on them since the changes, just been using the handle method. Not sure if they removed keys from working with them.
  • Tahquil said:
    Is there evidence of the worrth more?
    I have kept records of my last 400 dives, pre changes. There is a much smaller sample size of the ones with keys, but yes, there is evidence. It is not a huge difference usually. Sometimes a crappy key chest is worse than a decent no key chest. But all "big" chests have had keys. My biggest is like 32k. 
  • Is there any way to find out who is what Elemental Lord? Like a clan or something? Or a simple command that lists everyone who has done the quests and chosen a faction?

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• Vhaith said:
    Is there any way to find out who is what Elemental Lord? Like a clan or something? Or a simple command that lists everyone who has done the quests and chosen a faction?

watch deathsight and see the specific elemental deathsights, in room descriptions and uhhh. . . That's probably it. 
  • Are flasks designed through the beverages skill wearable, or can they be made so? I'm thinking of making a hip flask or something of that kind, but don't want to bother if it can't be worn.

Same question about the 'skin' diagram type. Also, can those be made waterskins or wineskins, or will the item type always be 'skin', no prefix?

• Minifie said:
    Vhaith said:
    Is there any way to find out who is what Elemental Lord? Like a clan or something? Or a simple command that lists everyone who has done the quests and chosen a faction?

watch deathsight and see the specific elemental deathsights, in room descriptions and uhhh. . . That's probably it. 
    Found a clan!

If anyone else is wondering it's called Yggdrasian Academy.

Not sure how active it is, but it's a start!

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• Which is better, lucky or aim to kill?
  • Vinzent said:
    Which is better, lucky or aim to kill?
    @Penwize
  • Lucky!

Increased damage doesn't matter if your not getting critical hits in the first place
  • With Lucky and the level one crit pendant, should there be a 3 or 4 percent crit bonus? I had thought four, with one from lucky and three from the pendant, but do they not stack or am I not seeing something somewhere?
  • edited September 2019
    Nevermind. I am going crazy
  • Mroxyl said:
    With Lucky and the level one crit pendant, should there be a 3 or 4 percent crit bonus? I had thought four, with one from lucky and three from the pendant, but do they not stack or am I not seeing something somewhere?
    Critical hit pendants are 2/4/6%, not 3/6/9%, which is probably where your confusion is coming from. 1% from Lucky, 2% from the level one crit pendant.
  • @Antonius That would be it, thank you.
  • Do tradebooks act like skill-specific crafters' portfolios? If not, what do they do? If so, how many designs do they hold apiece?

I did look at the artefact helpfile and the TRADEBOOK syntax, but am still unsure. Thanks.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited September 2019
    The tradebooks hold the base schematic/recipes/patterns for that particular design skill.

For example, if you have a cooking tradebook, you can populate it with the base recipes that are on sale in the crafter's guild (yes, you have to buy and add the patterns yourself, so don't feel obligated to buy everything at once). Then, instead of holding 35478329354 base patterns or having to re-buy them when they decay, you can copy the patterns from the tradebook instead.

A populated tradebook will look something like this:
    tradebook tome list
        ID Recipe                                 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         1 a recipe for a plain loaf of bread
         2 a recipe for a plain salad
         3 a recipe for a plain cookie
         4 a recipe for a plain scone
         5 a recipe for a plain muffin
         6 a recipe for a plain cake
         7 a recipe for a cup of cooked food
         8 a recipe for a plain bread roll
         9 a recipe for a skewer of cooked food
        10 a recipe for a platter of cooked food
    So, if I want to start creating a loaf recipe, the syntax will be DESIGN SKETCH COPY 1 FROM TOME

It's more a convenience thing and I did kinda wish they came pre-populated, but I wound up buying tradebooks for all my design skills because holy crap, it's so much easier than carrying a bunch of extra items around.

You can also populate the tome directly by using TRADEBOOK <TOME> BUY so you don't wind up with all the patterns in your inventory that you wind up dumping because why would you bother carrying them around after that >_>

• edited September 2019
    Are the artistry help files not live on the Achaea web site, or am I just struggling with some operator error today?

never mind, its the second one
  • What are the item types for Sculpture?

• Sculpture isnt a defined skill so go nuts.
  • I’d like my Silverbright Square Statue to be of solid silver @Jiraishin
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."