Memorable quotes

Comments

• Those events posts though.  Ut oh Jiraishin!
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Torinn said:
    Those events posts though.  Ut oh Jiraishin!
    If you logged in you'd know how the stuff referred to already played out in Targ :p 
    But yes, Jiraishin's mental state right now is sort of a drawn-out internal scream.

aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • *sadshake*
  • (Market): Bail says, "Looking for someone with a large collection of dolls."

With sharp, crackling tones, you tell Bail, "It's just me and you in your headspace, big guy. Whatcha doin' with those dolls? Makin' some strange choices - yeah. Thought so. Hey. Here's a thought..."

With sharp, crackling tones, you tell Bail, "Next time you wanna go on a public channel and let that freak flag fly...just run it by me once. See if it pans out. Then we'll put it on market."

Bail's voice drips with venom as he tells you, "Ever seen my life-sized Atlantia doll?"

With sharp, crackling tones, you tell Bail, "With or without clothes...?"

Bail laughingly tells you, "The clothes come off."

You skeptically tell Bail, "Yeeeeeeah."

With sharp, crackling tones, you tell Bail, "See, this is exactly what I'm talking about."

• ...Wat

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I legit just started crying over Patches.

Was that a perma death for the kitty?  :'(
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Skye said:
     With a nauseating cry of pain, Patches flails about in the waters near Jaru, fur clinging to his tiny body as he sinks, lost to the sea's deadly clutches.

You monsters. D:

How many cats do you think you drowned when you flooded Cyrene?
  • Antonius said:
    Skye said:
     With a nauseating cry of pain, Patches flails about in the waters near Jaru, fur clinging to his tiny body as he sinks, lost to the sea's deadly clutches.

You monsters. D:

How many cats do you think you drowned when you flooded Cyrene?

Their drowned meows are everyone else's fault, obviously.
  • Annnnd added to deleteline list.
  • Sophi said:
    Fair enough, since "Asmodron says," is on mine.

Yes because "Asmodron says" is being spammed into every attack line...

Well done on attempting to be snarky.
  • Atalkez said:
    Asmodron said:
    Sophi said:
    Fair enough, since "Asmodron says," is on mine.

Yes because "Asmodron says" is being spammed into every attack line...

Well done on attempting to be snarky.
    That’s obviously only on her bites, which is after she’s won a fight and is killing you. Would it be better if it was an emote instead? I think it’s great flavor added

She can add as much pointless spam as she likes. Thankfully deleteline exists.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    there are better ways to do random generation if you don't want the same line popping up in succession, or you could just loop through the table one at a time, and have it generate a random starting point instead. I did something similar when offering corpses

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:
    there are better ways to do random generation if you don't want the same line popping up in succession, or you could just loop through the table one at a time, and have it generate a random starting point instead. I did something similar when offering corpses
    Yeah I used to have something similar and added a timer (iirc) and had it indexed. Each time the index fired it moved it to a "just used" list and wouldn't use it until the timer expired.   It actually worked pretty nicely for combat illusions u til the serverside changes making it largely outdated so I deleted it.   

• Torial says to you in a soft, growling voice, "I took *hic* a zhat."
    Torial says in a soft, growling voice, "Se *hic* at*."
    You have emoted: Xallax looks to either side with a confused face.
    Torial says in a soft, growling voice, "Hard to fall shitting down."
    Isn't it anime to scream "Ashaxei" every damn time you want to dramatically become a giant flying lizard?
  • Stheno looks thoughtful and says in Mhaldorian in a golden voice, "A scorcher's dozen."

Stheno says in Mhaldorian in a golden voice, "That will serve just fine."

You say in Mhaldorian, "Did someone say burning?"

Stheno says to you in Mhaldorian in a golden voice, "Patience, Brother."

Despair faintly touches Ellodin's expression.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    The above is a pretty decent representation of an average day in casual Mhaldor. Especially Ellodin's despair. We all feel it.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited September 2019
    Melodie said:
    The above is a pretty decent representation of an average day in casual Mhaldor. Especially Ellodin's despair. We all feel it.

It's only despairing if you fail to evade out of the room before the bomb blows up.

...or evade back in before it goes off. :(
  • Jiraishin said:

Uaithne Saganan
    She unearthed the Black Warren and vanquished grizzled Pieranotzu, the 
    Ravenous.
    She has been taught a lesson by the crafting prodigies of the realm.

Never seen this before, what is it?
    Did you ever find out what this was? I've seen it again and was curious.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.