Achaean Chefs

I didn't see a thread, and wanted to post my food I made, so, if you wanna post pictures of delicious food you made, throw it here!

Comments

• Your food is a lot fancier than my shitty dorm spaghetti :D
  • It looks like @Zhedan has successfully adulted.
  • @Zhedan you are un-uninvited to come visit me as long as you cook. <3

• Nicola said:

Getting ready for when all the screens go black... or, you know, winter.

• Nicola said:

Getting ready for when all the screens go black... or, you know, winter.
    The remains of @Nicola's enemies. 

• Stefana said:
    @Zhedan you are un-uninvited to come visit me as long as you cook. <3
    Aww too good to me. Also since when do you forums :O
  • Armali said:
    It looks like @Zhedan has successfully adulted.
    Still haven't made more hot sauce but it is on my to-do list. Will still mail you some when I do <3
  • Zhedan said:
    Armali said:
    Still haven't made more hot sauce but it is on my to-do list. Will still mail you some when I do <3
    I just ordered 100 Carolina Reapers :)

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Trey said:
    Zhedan said:
    Armali said:
    I just ordered 100 Carolina Reapers :)
    I hope you have a eulogy prepared for your butthole
  • I’ve been cooking chicken!

I don’t normally cook a lot of meat, since I don’t really eat it, but I managed to make some decent looking chicken breasts for dinner (they also tasted really good and surprisingly weren’t dry!)

• edited April 2020
    Not a chef by any stretch but 2 of the 3 kids are home from college/high school so I decided they should learn how to bake/cook especially w bread, pastas, and meat not always available due to panic shopping in the area.

So far we have made a 'rustic Italian bread' similar to the above, fresh chicken tenders and steak fries, tequila-orange chicken, and homemade pasta (tagliatelle).  Nothing too insane but way outside their comfort zone of boxed mac&cheese and pre-packaged chicken nuggets.  Tomorrow we will be making homemade mozzarella. It has been fun showing them HOW the food makes it into the bags at the grocery store and that they can make it fresher w less garbage ingredients/preservatives despite shortages on the pre-made items (and with just flour, eggs, breadcrumbs, yeast, water, etc)

Hmm what to do with these smoked beef rib trimmings from last night.... 
    Obviously make beef bacon

Oh you thought I was done. Well think again.
    look at all that beef fat. Begging to fry something. Anything.  Well lucky for it I have some leftover chips in the fridge from last night (fries for the yanks). Inspiration hits: smoked bbq rib breakfast taco. 
    Start on the tortillas; about 2 cups flour and some salt.chips are done. Fried in beef fat for extra heart attack. Gotta test em out. 
    Perfect. Kids want some food but not what I'm cooking. They settle for spaghetti.... uncooked
    so I cook the tortillas and the start on the eggs, adding in 1/2 a cob of corn to give it a bit of texmex. and finished  product all homemade.
  • Idk what that it, but it is not texmex.

It's pretty obvious what it is, and it's the best I can make in quarantine in the UK.  I don't know who you are, but you're not Gordon Ramsay.
  • More like Rachel Ray amirite.

Damn you, @Archaeon.  Now I want bacon and eggs but don't want to defrost all of...hahaha yeah whatever. It'll get eaten. Back in a bit. GO GO GADGET LEGS!

• Archaeon said:
    It's pretty obvious what it is, and it's the best I can make in quarantine in the UK.  I don't know who you are, but you're not Gordon Ramsay.
    I get a bit offended with the UK and their views on American food. you just put french fries, corn, and eggs in a tortilla and called it texmex. I'm gonna microwave a piece of ham and a strawberry and call it a full English breakfast.

•       

Reread my post @Cooper and you might understand that I didn't call it 'tex mex'.  I know you get excited any time you see the opportunity to be a snide prick and it lowers your IQ by a few dozen points, but surely even you can understand what I said.
    Antonius said:
    Resize your images ffs.
    They look fine on mobile but I just checked on my desktop and holy shit lol
  • Damn seeing some fine food here boys, Don't hesitate to do like Archaeon and toss up more stuff! I'll put up my next few meals to not be a recipe thief.
  • Lol cooper. Go search the guardian comments section. The limp wristed euro loving liberal left here in the uk are TERRIFIED of american food. Bad case of food snobbery. 
    I don't think political leaning has anything to do with taste, and I don't think anyone's scared of American food. Most of it is just kind of shit.
  • @Minifie I invoke the bonds of mateship to summon a serve of Vegemite on toast, a glass of cold milk, and a fairy bread chaser. Three course gourmet shiiiiit.
  • Tahquil said:
    @Minifie I invoke the bonds of mateship to summon a serve of Vegemite on toast, a glass of cold milk, and a fairy bread chaser. Three course gourmet shiiiiit.
    how do you like your toast? I like marge and a light spread of veg on medium toast (crunchy crust, semi-soft but firm middle), chilled AF milk and massively sprinkled bread. 

also how the fuck does political leaning invoke taste buds? Can mine specifically tell who I voted for last state election and that's why I now longer crave a bunnings snag?