What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    None of this is necessary. Things might not have been ideal, and the novices were certainly a mistake, but once we had the sanction we werent going to just leave. People need to chill. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I think the solution to all of this is that Mhaldor comes and raids you all.

To DEATH.
  • edited August 2019
    Raiding etiquette is a two-way street, and you can only control your own actions, and attempt to curtail poor behaviour from whom you are leading. If you are notorious for shit etiquette, people are going to start QQing or WRITE JOURNAL/SHIP COMMSCREEN RAISE when you show up. It's easy to see whom people respect to a certain degree for that etiquette because they are willing to risk, lose and shrug off sanctions and tanks because they know they'll get the same response in kind. Instead of jotting down "Minifie just holo bombed a bunch of AFK novices, that means we should do the same!" instead jot down, "Minifie is a piece of fucking shit, just guard rush her groups or REALLY make withhold any chance for her." Honestly, tanks, XP, deaths etc are all such super minor losses (yes, IC not OOC) that the chance to learn, mind crush or get that sick deliver-bomb off is worth sometimes getting absolutely wrecked. 

Basically, consistently act like a jerk and people slowly retract wanting to interact or play with you, and it's easy to see how this is an issue in a game driven by conflict. If anyone wants evidence that this does work to a certain extent, I can only anecdotally tell you that it has 100% been a massive improvement for me and my interactions with IG enemies, but I've reached a point where once I finish something, I don't like dwelling on it, success or failure. I just want to move on to do more things!
  • Adrik said:
    Okay, so like.

We glanced you. You came adjacent (Sothantos, Numira, Israyhl, etc).

We tried to beckon you, succeeded (we can't exactly control who gets beckoned on LoS, but they were all in your room.. and attacking us. So...)

You got out bcz no room hinder. Bomb > beckoned and only got me.  Then the rest of Targ got wiped, and we went about our merry way.

I'm kind of annoyed that Vinzent is screaming that we murdered a shitton of novices without cause to gain sanction, when they were either A) With the group that Sothantos brought, or B ) In LoS of the group that Sothantos brought.  Vinzent wasn't there for the beginning of it. If we 'just murdered a bunch of novices at random', like the narrative Vinzent's putting forth is true..

Why the fuck did you not not order them away from the area, or wall them off so they couldn't get beckoned. Why were they.. y'know.. killed in this?

2019-08-26 00:37:39 - Shirszae was slain by a Blackstone swordsman.

Seven minutes later

2019-08-26 00:44:53 - Rainen was slain by Elon.

2019-08-26 00:45:06 - Numira was slain by Mezghar.

2019-08-26 00:45:08 - Numira was slain by Vessil.

2019-08-26 00:45:33 - Xzanthius was slain by a Blackstone swordsman.

2019-08-26 00:45:36 - Dakari was slain by Vessil.

If we were just radiancing / beckoning everyone.. then these deaths wouldn't all be nice-and-tidy right next to eachother. There was 7 minutes the last guard death on us.. and the time you came adjacent with your group (whoever it may be).  You had plenty of time to wall off the area, tell them to move, force them to move, deliver, etc.

The group Targossas put forth (Alasiel, Israyhl, Sothantos, and Numira) was not wiped. Anyone else there was not in the party, or following whoever was leading. They likely never attacked, either; I would be surprised if any of the novices understood what was occurring in the first place. As @Sothantos already stated, he made it clear on CT that people needed to keep away from the Temple of Light. I would not be surprised if they were a) afk, b) confused, or c) curious and thought to check it out.

I'm not against talking about the negatives of using novices to gain sanction when there is no justifiable cause for it, but I am also not ignorant to how rushed targeting can be, and how willing people are to simply kill and ask for forgiveness after rather than take it upon themselves to check before acting. As a general rule of thumb, if you have never heard of the person, you should probably HONOURS first before doing anything. And, further, you can wait until they do actually attack. I do this, and I'm sure you can too.
  • Cecelia said:
    And herein lies a large reason I just don't raid :)
    That's because the raids always had come to you!
  • That last panel is how I'm going to imagine ChaosRay from now on, thanks @Skye
  • Skye said:
    Watching Achaea fights be like...
    No photo description available
    Image may contain 1 person
    Oh my god, I wish the lol react still existed because I am laughing way too hard.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Skye said:
    Watching Achaea fights be like...
    These panels are definitely exploitable for memeing.

• I'm enjoying Targ bitching about the people and tactics they were defending a month or two ago.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    We didn't kill novices to gain sanction, maybe it was an accident or maybe it was the non oath-breakers who did it.  But we don't kill randoms to gain sanction.
  • Yeah, I'm not sure where that comment is coming from. I did not call any of the novices as targets, or attack them. Probably because I'm an ex-Targ who knows who is a combatant and who isn't in Targ. I don't think Mezghar or Adrik called them as targets, either.

That doesn't mean I can't say "Hey, guys, I'm sure nobody meant to pwn novices here" when I was in the party with those people and it was clearly a mistake.
  • edited August 2019
    Honestly, I've seen a lot of misfires happen, and I doubt this is the last time a raid leader ( or one of their followers with heavy initiative) makes the wrong call. I think the right thing to do in my experience is to just send a message or tell to the person(s) you've wronged and tell them you know you were wrong and that it was a mistake. 

At the end of the day, the sanction doesn't matter as much when they are clearly guard bashing. I would rather Targossas triple tank us than bash all of our guards. That might just be me, though.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Astarod said:
    At the end of the day, the sanction doesn't matter as much when they are clearly guard bashing. I would rather Targossas triple tank us than bash all of our guards. That might just be me, though.
    They sort of had to. Twilight gave them a direct order to blow up our temple and there were guards in it.
  • edited August 2019
    Sothantos said:
    Astarod said:
    They sort of had to. Twilight gave them a direct order to blow up our temple and there were guards in it.

If you truly believe that, then I'm not sure what to tell you at that point. Carry on.
  • Jiraishin said:
    Asmodron said:
    Sothantos said:
    Astarod said:

If you truly believe that, then I'm not sure what to tell you at that point. Carry on.
    Why... Are you arguing with the person standing up for you. 
    It's Asmodron. You could argue that he's right, and he'd argue with you.

• Asmodron said:
    Sothantos said:
    Astarod said:

Twilight gave the Order to blow up the Temple, at minimum to one person. Are you saying that didn’t happen? We know it did, so I’m curious what you think happened?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Asmodron said:
    Sothantos said:
    Astarod said:

I mean. We were told to tank the temple. I had interpreted that as "Tank the whole temple".

Also, I didn't call any targets, and actively said "Hey don't kill them-" and then they were dead bcz someone called them and bcz novice, they got insta-pwnt.
  • I will admit I tried to kill the novices but they were to strong for me.
  • Atalkez said:
    Asmodron said:
    Sothantos said:
    Astarod said:

Twilight gave the Order to blow up the Temple, at minimum to one person. Are you saying that didn’t happen? We know it did, so I’m curious what you think happened?

A key aspect of Twilight's personality is that he doesnt "order", especially to non-member Hashani. He may suggest. He may push along. He may even just casually mention. In the end, it'll be your own actions, even if he orchestrated it. It's been that way for years.

That's why Targ citizens claiming the Hashani acted on "Twilight's orders" and some even saying it is his own fault the novices died (really?) Is rather ludicrous.
  • edited August 2019
    This mf arguing IC semantics OOC 😂
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    This is just par for the course for team Good lol
  • Asmodron said:
    Atalkez said:
    Asmodron said:
    Sothantos said:
    Astarod said:

A key aspect of Twilight's personality is that he doesnt "order", especially to non-member Hashani. He may suggest. He may push along. He may even just casually mention. In the end, it'll be your own actions, even if he orchestrated it. It's been that way for years.

That's why Targ citizens claiming the Hashani acted on "Twilight's orders" and some even saying it is his own fault the novices died (really?) Is rather ludicrous.
    We literally did this because Elon was like "Dad told me to blow up Rory's temple" and Farrah/Mez/Me were like "Okay I believe you."

Then we got other people rallied together to go finish the tank, and die to guards (and fucking guardian. what the fuck. I was nOT EXPECTING HIM TO BE IN THAT ROOM).

I'm not really digging you trying to mansplain everything that we did.. without you there.. as if you were there and definitely totally know all the facts that happened. Hell. I was there for most of it and I don't know all the facts that happened!
  • edited August 2019
    Asmodron said:
    Atalkez said:
    Asmodron said:
    Sothantos said:
    Astarod said:

Lots of us have seen gods come back with different mannerisms.  Twilight has only recently come back and he's never had this much strength in Hashan (far as I can remember), so while you may be right for the past, It would appear that things have changed a bit given the current dynamic.