Crafting Good Item Descriptions: A Guide

2»

Comments

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited December 2018
    ‘Brittle’ sounds like the perfect word for obsidian. Not ‘soft’.

”Softer” yes. Softer than a whole range of materials. A description which supplied the basis/point of reference for the comparison of “softer than __” for the benefit of the viewer, say, one that also had mithril (pls don’t) then that would make more sense. 

Not just “hey guys soft rocks” in a vacuum though. People say “rock-hard”. No one says “rock-soft”.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Soft rock though.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited December 2018
    Kyrra said:
    Soft rock though.
    I'm writing some music into my next parody description!
     (I design ridiculous parody items to deal with burnout) 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Jiraishin said:
    Kyrra said:
    Soft rock though.
    I'm writing some music into my next parody description!
     (I design ridiculous parody items to deal with burnout) 
    To temper the heavier metals, I hope.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Ohhh baby I’m rock soft.
  • Tahquil said:
    Ohhh baby I’m rock soft.
    You should probably see a geologist if that persists for more than four eras.
  •  Per the HELP JEWELLERY DESIGN SCROLL  - Mithril is not permitted in crafting.   

I'm curious if there is a reason behind this? The reason I'm curious is that my character has held mithril in his hands, and it's described as something crafters lust over.
  • Mroxyl said:
     Per the HELP JEWELLERY DESIGN SCROLL  - Mithril is not permitted in crafting.   

I'm curious if there is a reason behind this? The reason I'm curious is that my character has held mithril in his hands, and it's described as something crafters lust over.
    Can't craft with it because it's magic.

Probably crafters lust over it because of their scarce opportunities to use it.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Mroxyl said:

Mithril is incredibly difficult to forge with, or manipulate. The number of characters in the game that can forge mithril, is slim. 

Just because you, or any other character can create an earring of mithril doesn't mean every player can, and the nature of jewellery is that any design created can be replicated by other jeweller. If something could not be realistically created by a brand new jeweller, it shouldn't be approved as a design. You should use the customisation system in this case, hence why mithril is a restricted material requiring approval and reasoning to use.
  • Taryius said:
    Mroxyl said:

Mithril is incredibly difficult to forge with, or manipulate. The number of characters in the game that can forge mithril, is slim. 

Yo.