Quick Questions

Comments

• RyxRyx North of Northreach
    Wow, I actually didn't know that. I thought they used just metric for some reason. Thanks!
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Ryx said:
    Wow, I actually didn't know that. I thought they used just metric for some reason. Thanks!
    they also use crazy things like stones, which is 14 pounds per stone.  Also, most brits won't know what you're talking about if you say 140 pounds but will completely understand when you say 10 stone.  
  • edited August 2019
    Depends what it is you're weighing

Food? Pounds

Weight? Stones

We use litres to determine fuel quantity but then MPH for speed limits. Cracking stuff
  • And yet Americans are the ones given shit for having a messed up system!

• Cooper said:
    And yet Americans are the ones given shit for having a messed up system!
    Pretty sure 90% of that is just due to the fahrenheit nonsense.
  • I'm American, can we just agree to use metric?  It's so sensible 
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I find that metric doesn't roll so easily off the tongue or read as well as imperial though.

"This length of ribbon is a foot long."
    "This length of ribbon is thirty centimetres long."

• RyxRyx North of Northreach
    Depends on the measurement, I prefer kilometers over miles and centimeters and millimeters over "one sixteenth of an inch". Three decimeters isn't as good as a foot though.
  • Skye said:
    I find that metric doesn't roll so easily off the tongue or read as well as imperial though.

"This length of ribbon is a foot long."
    "This length of ribbon is thirty centimetres long."
    Yeah, but what about if the length of ribbon wasn't a foot? Do you prefer 'The length of ribbon is 40 centimeters long' or 'the length of ribbon is 1 foot and 4 inches long' or 'the length of ribbon is 16 inches long'?
  • Little over a foot, foot and a half, a few inches over a foot.

I, in general, try to avoid exact measurements for anything and I think foot flows better in those instances then meter, which sounds so scientific.
  • I think it depends on what you're measuring, as well.

• Antonius said:
    Cooper said:
    And yet Americans are the ones given shit for having a messed up system!
    Pretty sure 90% of that is just due to the fahrenheit nonsense.
    Pretty sure it's actually called freedomheit.
  • The main reason is it would cost to much money and time to change the whole system. Heck we have people eating tide pods and you want to change an entire unit of measurement. Houses would fall down, things would explode, chaos would ensue.
  • Torrent said:
    The main reason is it would cost to much money and time to change the whole system. Heck we have people eating tide pods and you want to change an entire unit of measurement. Houses would fall down, things would explode, chaos would ensue.
    The rest of the world did it, including countries centuries older and far more entrenched in their own measurement systems.
  • Ryx said:
    Depends on the measurement, I prefer kilometers over miles and centimeters and millimeters over "one sixteenth of an inch". Three decimeters isn't as good as a foot though.
    Actually heard my grandfather say today, "Give me that 3/8 inch wrench I'm sick of this 7/16" and it sounded funny for some reason. Not sure how awkward tool sizes are in metric. 
  • Gror said:
    Ryx said:
    Actually heard my grandfather say today, "Give me that 3/8 inch wrench I'm sick of this 7/16" and it sounded funny for some reason. Not sure how awkward tool sizes are in metric. 
    13mm, 14mm, 15mm, etc.  

Penwize said:
    Torrent said:
    The main reason is it would cost to much money and time to change the whole system. Heck we have people eating tide pods and you want to change an entire unit of measurement. Houses would fall down, things would explode, chaos would ensue.
    The rest of the world did it, including countries centuries older and far more entrenched in their own measurement systems.
    Absolutely agree. The older countries should just do it the American way and be done with it.  Which one is the American way? I have no idea, I went to public school ;-)

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    A clay flowerpot: 200 Credits
    - This flower pot will generate flowers every Achaean month.
    - 33% chance of growing one random flower (out of 17 types) every Achaean day. The flowerpot holds 6 flowers, and will stop producing them when full, until you pick one.

A stone flowerpot: 5 Mayan Crowns
    - A new twist on an old favourite, this flowerpot will grow a selection of 10 beautiful (and different from the standard pot) flowers every Achaean month! The best thing about this new pot is that it is customisable!
    Want new flowers in it? Only one type of flower? Not a problem! (Contact customisations@achaea.com for more information on modifications.)
    I kinda want a flower pot because... yeah. But I'm curious what's the different in variety between the two pots.  

• What's the point of an artefact pet having reporting? Is it useful in anyway? I know it can't be used for spying, but what is it for??
  • Ryssa said:
    What's the point of an artefact pet having reporting? Is it useful in anyway? I know it can't be used for spying, but what is it for??
    You can use it in a way similar to allsight, and be alerted to enemies (it does everyone but you can gag people you're not interested in) entering/leaving a room you left it in (or made it move to).

Also long range emoting and says when you're not in the room with your pet.
  • You actually can use it for spying too, but your pet has to not be invincible then. If your pet is invincible, it only reports movements of people, but if not invincible it can report says in room.
  • Pet reporting is stupid and OP and I didn't know it existed until a couple of months ago.

• Well you can't get rid of it now. I was supposed to have it on mine and it never had it until recently so i have a decade of reporting to make up for.

It is nice for places with one entrance/exit bashing to notify you who is entering the room you left it by, in case they happen to have a bounty on you or are hunting you/intend to jump you while bashing.

• If the 'antique standing mirror' Bazaar item is dropped in a non-housing room, can it be picked by falcons or by any individual save the one who dropped it?

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • When I transfer an artefact power from one item to another, does it consume customisation credits first?
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Jiraishin said:
    If the 'antique standing mirror' Bazaar item is dropped in a non-housing room, can it be picked by falcons or by any individual save the one who dropped it?
    If it's the one that shows a random room, only the person that dropped it can pick it up. Unsure about falcons, but I can test for you, if I remember. 
  • Austere said:
    Jiraishin said:
    If the 'antique standing mirror' Bazaar item is dropped in a non-housing room, can it be picked by falcons or by any individual save the one who dropped it?
    If it's the one that shows a random room, only the person that dropped it can pick it up. Unsure about falcons, but I can test for you, if I remember. 
    Thanks, I'd appreciate that.

• Artifact power transferring does not use customisation credits, period.

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Jiraishin said:
    Austere said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Thanks, I'd appreciate that.
    Falcon retrieve: Your falcon is unable to carry an antique standing mirror.
  • What are the different types of item, other than portrait insert and mural, that can be made with the artistry skill?