Casing and Fencing

12345679»

Comments

• If theft was indeed encouraged to remain as a concept in Achaea for 'immersion' purposes, then I would suggest the following:

- When an individual attempts to pickpocket an adventurer they will gain a new status: "Is a known thief". This is a step up from being infamous. If possible it could be highlighted in red in honours.

- Known thieves are open PK to all adventurers. The status will remain for 48(?) hours and will refresh whenever they attempt to pickpocket again.

- While someone is under the status of a known thief, their ability to be immune to detection is cancelled for the time being (something that shouldnt even be an issue right now.....), such as by veils.

- Provide the option to the victim to outright buyout an item being fenced that belongs to the player. Thief still gains a portion as profit.

• Random question... does anyone actually steal besides @Profit?? All the times I have played Achaea I don't think I've seen anyone actually try to steal from one of my chars since the old days when Cain and what's her name was around back when Naga was still a house. The lady with the S name or whatever. Only person I know of still stealing stuff is Profit... 
  • edited August 2019
    Vonne does ... Followed by threats to hunt you and kill random people in your city when you attack/kill him for trying to steal from you.

People like Kiet or Penwize etc mostly just steal from stockrooms instead, that I've noticed.

• The only person besides Profit that I've known to steal recently is Santar. Kiet did, but it's been awhile since I've heard of him stealing.

There are others who steal from stockrooms but I don't know who or how many. Jinsun, maybe.
  • RyxRyx North of Northreach
    edited August 2019
    Kam steals from people still.

And Wodahs.
  • There are a number of people who clear stockrooms without  being seen, just because you can't name names doesn't mean it's not happening 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Hell, even I pop into stockrooms now and then. I have yet to steal anything though (I even added gold one time to make the total 123456), it's more a challenge to see if I can. 

• @Sothantos does, though! Or tries, anyway *tease*

• Plenty of thieves. Most solely target noobs/non combatants. Only people I know that will target fighters are Santar and Profit. Rip tried stealing from me, but the second I started the fight he'd peace out.