Do you like theft in Achaea?

12346»

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Pyori said:
    It doesn't really prove a point, though. Correlation ~= causation. My sister was stolen from a number of times and she quit. It wasn't because of theft, though. (edit)- It was even around the time he made that post!

We get it: You don't like theft in any form. You can stop saying it in every post you make.

I need a citation, three forum posts from 2012-2013, the corpse of a baby rat, and the blood of a virgin to certify that you indeed had a sister, she was indeed stolen from a number of times, and that she truly quit. 

TLDR: We get it, you took debate in high school, it doesn't really prove a point, though. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Morsul said:
    I'll stop when theft gets removed completely. Also, good job on dissing anecdotal evidence presented by other players but shamelessly do it yourself. A+
    It's not gonna happen. And, since it flew over your head, it was done to describe how someone who was stolen from, and also quit, does not mean they quit because they were stolen from. It is a flawed argument to make. Everyone who's died has had water at some point in their life, that means water is bad and we should stop drinking it. That's literally the kind of argument that one is.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Morsul said:
    I'll stop when theft gets removed completely. Also, good job on dissing anecdotal evidence presented by other players but shamelessly do it yourself. A+
    You're doing more to hurt your side of the argument then help it.  You're abrasive, rude, and stupid (ironic coming from me, I know).  You should stop being such a bull-headed and aggressive person and try to actually argue rather than insult and blunder your way through this whole thing.  You seem more like a jilted lover than someone who has any legitimate reason why theft should be disallowed. 
  • Cooper said:

Can close this thread now, has served its purpose!
    I gotta agree. It really has devolved into "NO U" "NUH UH, YOU" at this point, and it's just gonna lead to people insulting people, which it's kinda already getting to: -> Achaea has some of the most petty, hardheaded, "I know everything and am thus right and you will never ever change my mind on this topic lalalala I can't hear you cus you're WRONG" people that I've ever witnessed in a playerbase. Both in game and in forum.
    Even my own opinion on this matter took ~2 years to change, and it was through my own personal growth and changes rather than arguing with other players.
    No one here is gonna be able to convince someone else to change their mind on this matter.
    The discussion here would be better off in rants at this point.
  • SophiSophi Rally Point
    No u. 
  • Archaeon said:
    Morsul said:
    You're doing more to hurt your side of the argument then help it.  You're abrasive, rude, and stupid (ironic coming from me, I know).  You should stop being such a bull-headed and aggressive person and try to actually argue rather than insult and blunder your way through this whole thing.  You seem more like a jilted lover than someone who has any legitimate reason why theft should be disallowed. 
    Been trying for years to get theft removed. There are mountains of data to support the fact that it is a dumb mechanic. We have passed the point wherein logic and reason can effectively be used: now is the time to rage for theft's deletion.
    Morsul said:
    Archaeon said:
    Morsul said:
    Been trying for years to get theft removed. There are mountains of data to support the fact that it is a dumb mechanic. We have passed the point wherein logic and reason can effectively be used: now is the time to rage for theft's deletion.
    getting angry at text theft lol, have fun in life you poor soul.
  • I guess this thread has reached it's natural conclusion. It lasted longer than I expected, six whole pages
  • Morsul said:
    Archaeon said:
    Morsul said:
    I think some people are just asking to see this evidence. Since there is mountains of it it shouldn't be hard to provide enough to satisfy them.
  • To be completely fair, Tecton's post was from way back in 2011. That Achaea's (or IRE's) goal as a game or company has changed is entire possible. Player retention or (more probably) acquisition might no longer be a priority; (new player addition), for example, may have moved over as a focus of Starmourn. Hence, theft has been allowed to plague the game for so long. As has been alluded to by players in this thread, those who do not agree with theft should go someplace else to play, and this aligns well if Achaea's aims have indeed shifted.
  • RyxRyx North of Northreach
    I saw the correlation argument in the original thread too but I don't buy it.

First, 14% of any ambiguous group of quitters being stolen from is far too low. This is probably "people who quit very shortly after".
    Secondly, IRE is a business and they want to make a profit. If these numbers were made up for giggles or to prove a point, it would have hurt their bottom line.  Ultimately they will know best. That's probably also why fencing became a thing.
  • To give people a reason to spend 50 credits on this dying mud, is my guess.
    Imagine being perpetually butthurt
  • Sigh...can those players that feel the -immense- need to constantly insult another, or showcase how 'cool' they are by tossing an insult, please take it elsewhere?

Most of us dont want to read childish bickering.

You know who you are.
    Asmodron said:
    Sigh...can those players that feel the -immense- need to constantly insult another, or showcase how 'cool' they are by tossing an insult, please take it elsewhere?

Most of us dont want to read childish bickering.

You know who you are.
    U are dumb and I banged ur mum m8
This discussion has been closed.