Casing and Fencing

Comments

• the only rule on theft is that don't do it to people below level 30

Logging in as a level 30+ character means you are openly a theft target and there is nothing in the game that says otherwise 
  • I think it would be cool and better if thievery was based on being sneaky and not being detected, and if the thief was detected, the person being robbed would have a 5 second window to type “Cut off (thief’s) hands... and neck” and instantly kill the thief. I think that would make it intense, and I do think people care about dying.
  • SophiSophi Rally Point
    Lol let's just make an opt in system for thieves and they can steal from each other as much as they want. A circle of thieves.
  • So what really matters... where are these fensing locations to see what's open for bid
  • Yeah where is the Delos fencing spot! I walked all around Delos the other day so it’s either hidden or... I’ve overlooked it somehow. 
  • You can WALK TO FENCE if you're close enough to Delos.
  • That’s so genius I forgot about walk to! 
  • I would normally be the first one to feel that way too but I think it makes things more interesting. It’s just a neat exchange versus the thief just selling on the market and laughing about it. Yeah I feel like I might lose items off of it but I might also find some cool ones too. 
  • Jovolo said:
    As a balance to this theft nerf, pickpocket can now steal gold from within containers.
    Nice try, Mr Banker. Your banks still suck.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Banks aren't that bad, really. Especially if you deal with a lot of gold. 

Would probably lead to ideas like having an artefact piggy bank that only you could withdraw gold from, which honestly would be neat.

Otherwise, if you're paranoid of the banks or don't like the fees, there are plenty of others ways to store excess gold and other items.

• There's an artefact that lets you access banks anywhere, but it's 900 credits and you still pay bank fees. I sincerely wonder if anyone bought it.
  • I have bought it.  
  • I bought it on sale. Dem membership credits are starting to stack up.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    The bar to not getting robbed is pretty low.  If you're AFK off a guard stack, your fault.  If you DC, sorry but you won't be DC'd that long and the timing would have to be perfect for the thief to get your shit.  In my opinion, most of the arguments against theft would set a trend for a less player-driven and more divine-lead world where people have to play with kiddie gloves on so they don't hurt anyone else's feelings.  Does it suck you got your stuff that you bought stolen from you?  Yeah.  Could you have prevented it?  Yeah.  
  • @Kresslack the golden piggy bank already exists, but unfortunately it was an auction item. I don't have many regrets, but not being able to afford it was one of them. :(

Still, the lesser version is my favorite talisman/artefact. I've had it for a year now and I can't bring myself to break it.

a porcelian piggy bank of Estachian proportions :D
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Iohanna said:
    @Kresslack the golden piggy bank already exists, but unfortunately it was an auction item. I don't have many regrets, but not being able to afford it was one of them. :(

Still, the lesser version is my favorite talisman/artefact. I've had it for a year now and I can't bring myself to break it.

a porcelian piggy bank of Estachian proportions :D
    I have one of those as well! Yeah I don't want to break it either. I just keep putting gold into it. 

Also, in regards to dc'ing, thankfully it doesn't happen very often but it only really needs to happen once to be impactful. Last week a bad storm came out of nowhere and knocked the power out and disconnected me, and that was my concern bc even with anti-theft measures it wouldn't have mattered. 

Someone's previous suggestion of a server side for basic anti-theft options would be great and probably help negate that issue. 

• I'm with @Jovolo with the idea of being able to just steal gold and not items. To me, this gives the thief the chance to play how they want, while removing the majorly negative element of the whole thing for everyone else, especially from when prolific thieves decide to go for as much as they can get, as often as they can try. Limit how much gold you're carrying, and there's just not much to lose. Still keep the penalty of being able to contract on them for a theft.
  • I am behind only gold theft, and menial items like sigils etc. Things you can replace quite easily seems ok to me, perhaps letters and stuff too so you can "extort" information, but it still goes to fencers, where people can bid based on who the letter came from, and who it was stolen from.
  • Gold only theft would have a far larger impact on newbies and less affluent people than the current situation. The people who are most likely to quit due to theft are also the people who have most of their wealth in gold rather than unique items or credits or whatever.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Lenn said:
    There's an artefact that lets you access banks anywhere, but it's 900 credits and you still pay bank fees. I sincerely wonder if anyone bought it.
    900 credits and you still need to walk to a bank to deposit to other people.

Would be nifty if you could deposit x gold person city.

I don’t regret buying it but for 900 credits I wish it did a little bit more.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• SophiSophi Rally Point
    Give dragons a gold hoard, and then let me steal from them
  • Sophi said:
    Yeah why can't you enact the old fantasy trope?! Let thieves rob dragon lairs.

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Pyori said:
    Sophi said:
    Yeah why can't you enact the old fantasy trope?! Let thieves rob dragon lairs.
    Because dragons simply won't use lairs if this was the case.
  • They don't use them now anyway

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Accipiter said:
    Gold only theft would have a far larger impact on newbies and less affluent people than the current situation. The people who are most likely to quit due to theft are also the people who have most of their wealth in gold rather than unique items or credits or whatever.
    Then raise the minimum level to be susceptible to theft.
  • SophiSophi Rally Point
    Mininum level 99, then add dragon hoards. Then let me rob them. If you don't want to get robbed then you can opt out by never bashing to dragon
  • Sophi said:
    Mininum level 99, then add dragon hoards. Then let me rob them. If you don't want to get robbed then you can opt out by never bashing to dragon
    Or just not do the quest that unlocks dragon lairs in the first place.

• SophiSophi Rally Point
    edited August 2019
    No with my proposed change all dragons have their bashed gold magically go to their hoard. You know, for safety.
  • There's dragon lairs?

The more you know