Iron Elite Lite

It would be great to have a version of Iron Elite that is more reasonably priced, whether this means repricing Iron Elite in general or creating a variety of it that offers similar benefits.

For instance, keep the lesson and experience gain and halve the monthly credit accrual, and let all of these stack for consecutive months afterwards like normal.

Iron Elite is double the price compared to pretty much any other game's monthly subscription services (such as SWOTR and ESO), which also tend to offer a lot of rewards and benefits, typically priced at around $15/mo.

Just an idea for consideration.

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    For me personally, I value the credits far more than the lessons but appreciate the increased experience gain.

I am currently sitting on over 5000 lessons that I cannot do anything with currently, mainly because I don’t want to multiclass and I’m patiently awaiting the new trade skills to drop. In the past I have accumulated credits from Iron Elite to go toward arties that I’ve wanted, or even used on alts to go toward lessons with the credit to lesson conversion.

I don’t know that Iron Elite would be worth it to me if they reduced the credits. Though the extra increase on top of the occasional promo sale makes up for it. If I am active and in a position to buy credits.

I just wish there were tiers, so people that want more lessons can get them and people that would rather have credits can get them over increased lessons.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Yeah, that's sort of what I'm thinking. Not reducing Iron Elite itself, but either lowering the price of it or offering a secondary option that halves the current price and possibly the credit reward per month, but still stacks as per normal.

Just more of a budget option. Maybe even a version that doesn't anything but the lesson accrual and experience bonus for $10/month.

• SophiSophi Rally Point
    I would down to buy an Iron Scrublord membership. Would be fine with just lessons and xp bonus.
  • Sophi said:
    I would down to buy an Iron Scrublord membership. Would be fine with just lessons and xp bonus.
    Same here, honestly. 
  • Honestly the credits every month and building the cumulative exp bonus are the only reason I keep my Iron Elite going right now, even though I can't really play. I've missed out on... I don't know, probably close to 450 lessons now?

That being said, the value at $25 bucks a month is quickly losing its lustre. Perhaps it is time to evaluate bringing it in line with the standard $15 a month subscription model and consider a lite version for $10.
  • Skye said:
    Just my two cents: As someone who lives outside of the US, the exchange rate makes the subscription even harder going on me. Your $25 a month is more like $35 for me, but I've been playing this game so long I feel like I at least want to make a contribution. 
    Cries in CDN. :(

• Me checking my iron elite direct debit.
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Skye said:
    Just my two cents: As someone who lives outside of the US, the exchange rate makes the subscription even harder going on me. Your $25 a month is more like $35 $500 for me
    Fixed for ZAR/USD exchange rate.
  • edited August 2019
    Yeah but how many zar do you make an hour?  We make 7 to 15 usd (minimally)
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited August 2019
    Torinn said:
    Yeah but how many zar do you make an hour?  We make 7 to 15 usd (minimally)
    "As of January 1, 2019, South Africa's first-ever national minimum wage is in effect. Fin24 unpacks everything you need to know about it. The legislation stipulates a minimum national rate of R20 per hour, or R3 500 per month, depending on the number of hours worked."

Based on today's exchange rate (on xe.com) 20 ZAR is approximately 1.30 USD. The 25 USD for Iron Elite is equivalent to ~383 ZAR, which is roughly 19 hours (nearly half a week's worth of work at 8 hours per day, five days per week) at minimum wage. Even with the lowest minimum wage in the US (I'll assume you're correct about that being 7 USD) you're looking at under half a day's worth of work per month.
  • That's a big yikes! 
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • As a fellow South African all I can say is I feel your pain @Athelas
  • I can't wait for a certain membership to change so my £20.57 per month jumps to £40

• edited August 2019
    Kresslack said:

For instance, keep the lesson and experience gain and halve the monthly credit accrual, and let all of these stack for consecutive months afterwards like normal.
    This is what I would want. I splurged on 2 months of Elite for my birthday, mostly for the credits, but the lessons were also really fun. They motivated me to log in every day just like wheel time does. Still, Elite is currently out of my price range, but I would loooove to get a lite version for a month or two occasionally. I probably overstepped my "fun stuff" budget spending $50 on it - it would be nice to be able to spend less and still get a few fun things.

But if the lite version were just lessons and xp and 0 credits, I wouldn't want it.
  • Cailin said:
    Kresslack said:

it would be nice to be able to spend less and still get a few fun things.

This is what the promotions can be good for, instead of dropping the 25 dollars per month on elite, you can spend ~10 dollars to potentially pick up some nice things.

I got super lucky and bought 5 globes for about that much months back and got a hunters belt from it.
  • For me the $25 is a no brainer, but I'm old and it's my "entertainment budget."

I like the idea of a lesser package for a smaller amount of money $5-10 perhaps as suggested above.

That allows folks not earning at U.S. rates or who get screwed by conversions participate, and increases their loyalty as well.

Maybe two options - 

Lessons / Experience bonus or Credits / Experience or even Lesson / Credits.

Something for everybody, and lower amount of set Membership credits to reflect the lower investment. (Maybe even a slightly smaller experience bonus).

That would encourage people to increase when/if they are able, after encouraging those not yet ready or able to commit to the larger amount to dip their toes in the water of subscription.

Just my two gold.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Or optional packages, either standalone or add-on. Something for room credits would make me super happy :(