Glitch in the task system

Greetings, I'm a newbie to the land, however, I first created my character back in 2011 (I went through the intro system they had back then). I spent two weeks playing and then 8 years later I'm back (It is a very unusual situation). The problem that I have is that my character is now faced with an active task that it can't complete:

Active:
Task 47: Report your findings to Rathos...

No idea why the task is active and no matter how much I talk to Rathos he dismisses me as too week and I can't really advance in the task system, which prevents me for doing the tasks that will allow me to join a house. 

No doubt this is related to the "new" intro system introduced back in 2014 (when I was dormant). Have any of you experienced something similar? Any ideas on how to tackle this issue? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Best Answers

Answers

• RyxRyx North of Northreach
    If he's dismissing you as too weak... I think there's a level requirement in the tasks. 15, 20, or 21 maybe? Don't recall, Romeo or Juliet might know!

Or like you said, it's a bug.
  • I'm level 27 and Romeo could not figure out what was going on when I asked him. Not sure how to proceed is this is indeed a software bug.
  • Thanks Ryx, I was hoping it didn't have to come to filing a BUG request (as the priority for those seems rather low). It seems I'll be stuck houseless for a long time.
  • RyxRyx North of Northreach
    In the meantime, I believe there's a way for people within the House to manually bring you in! But then later, when the task un-bugs, you'll need to leave the House and rejoin to finish the task.

But you could at least get started on House tasks if you do this!
  • Kavi said:
    @Berhael When you exit newbiehood by reaching Level 30 the House joining tasks should become available.

Thank you Kavi, good to know I won't have to wait that long