Wishlist: Quality of Life

Comments

• Jiraishin said:
    @Infir the LIST ability in Vision has what you want. Try ELIXLIST or ELIST. The result should look like this, more or less (with better formatting, I pasted right from the game screen and it didn't convert well):

Vial                                          Fluid                          Sips     Months  
    Diamond vial33634             a caloric salve                106      ---

Bat-winged vial123441         elixir of the lucky            45       ---

Diamond vial137349            an elixir of health            34       ---

Diamond vial168044            an elixir of immunity          173      ---

Diamond vial182182            a salve of mending             159      ---

I think what he actually wants is a pocketbelt, but they're bought with mementoes. They store vials, decluttering your inventory, while still allowing the vials to be used. I'm not sure if there's anybody who uses them though.
  • It sounds amazing. If only it were possible to nondecay pocketbelts, I might cave in and buy one.
  • I think he means so the other category is less cluttered since it is usually where quest items default to and you might need to find them quickly to see what the actual item name is.
  • edited July 2019
    Jiraishin said:
    @Infir the LIST ability in Vision has what you want. Try ELIXLIST or ELIST. The result should look like this, more or less (with better formatting, I pasted right from the game screen and it didn't convert well):

I think you've misunderstood me.

I don't want to have my vials constantly visible in the "other" while I'm trying to count how many corpses I have, sift through quest/temporary items etc., hence the suggestion for a new inventory category in addition to these 3 (alchemy belt sounds good).

EDIT: oops, I didn't see the comments afterwards. ah well
  • Infir said:
    Jiraishin said:

I think you've misunderstood me.

I don't want to have my vials constantly visible in the "other" while I'm trying to count how many corpses I have, sift through quest/temporary items etc., hence the suggestion for a new inventory category in addition to these 3 (alchemy belt sounds good).

EDIT: oops, I didn't see the comments afterwards. ah well
    You can narrow down many things by doing II CORPSE or II SHOES, LLIST, and many more. This helps a ton. You can even do the specific item, like II PIPE or II NECKLACE. My only quibble is that right now you can't do II JEWELLERY or II CLOTHING. I would really like to be able to do clothing.
  • edited July 2019
    I think my biggest wish right now is for bait from a barnacle-encrusted bucket to not start decaying until it is removed from the bucket. Even stuffing the bucket in a random container doesn't stop you from noticing the 'A shrimp has decayed to dust inside of bucket#487304' messages.
    I have gagged these to help with the wall of decay text spam, but find it annoying to pull out a bit a of bait only to have to decay before you can put it on your fishing hook.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I'm usually carrying a whole lot of sketches around with me and I can't remember what I have on what. I think it'd be nice to have a SKETCHLIST ability that shows the sketch ID and the short desc so I don't have to individually probe everything.

• RyxRyx North of Northreach
    Neraeos said:
    Upcoming already operates that way aside from the public portion.
    Going back to this, I'd like UPCOMING to be able to be added to by more than just leaders. Would be super QoL if Minister of Culture could add to it!
  • 1 Cities on Meropis!
    2 Easier transport to Meropis like swimming or flying.
    3 Atavians' wings ought to be considered limbs, able to be broken.
    4 The ability to capture cities... Not sure about that, perhaps if all the guards are killed?
    5 Better idea system than the current one.
    6 The ability to rob banks.
    7 Commands like PRAY TO X for a more OC way of talking with the gods (Got this from the idea list; see 5)
  • Meropis can be reached by ship, by ferry, instantaneously by legenddeck card, and just as instantaneously by artie.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • TIL there is a ferry to Meropis.

• Cooper said:
    TIL there is a ferry to Meropis.
    It takes you to the Tears of Sarapis, so you still have to walk down through the wilderness (with the randomly generated areas in between). It's the only way I had to get to Meropis before I bought my Chenubian wings.
  • Maybe it's time to make those areas not randomly generated so someone can build a map path to it. Can still make it take a few minutes of walking to not make pebbles useless.

• They're not randomly generated, at least not all of them.
  • Getting rid of the left over wetness in the Cyrene subdivision. It's been around an IC decade or so since the stupidity ended, so there's no good reason we still have dripping water or ice inside our houses. 
  • Shop logs. Don't know how many of us have to beg till it actually happens.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Mroxyl said:
    Getting rid of the left over wetness in the Cyrene subdivision. It's been around an IC decade or so since the stupidity ended, so there's no good reason we still have dripping water or ice inside our houses. 
    If you think Cyrene has it bad, NYC is still recovering from 9/11. Instead of trying to whitewash what happened because you didn't like it, you need to acknowledge that bad stuff happened. No more muffins and cupcakes, kiddo
  • Aegoth said:
    Mroxyl said:
    Getting rid of the left over wetness in the Cyrene subdivision. It's been around an IC decade or so since the stupidity ended, so there's no good reason we still have dripping water or ice inside our houses. 
    If you think Cyrene has it bad, NYC is still recovering from 9/11. Instead of trying to whitewash what happened because you didn't like it, you need to acknowledge that bad stuff happened. No more muffins and cupcakes, kiddo
    TIL a text city suffering a text disaster is comparable in any way to a real-life terrorist attack that killed thousands.
  • considering this isn't the real world?  No comparison. It's  a text based game, where the admin ran a plot to show what jerks they like to be. Great, you are the most super duper incredibly awesome jerks around. Now fix the crap you broke proving it. Turn the damned water back off.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Mroxyl said:
    where the admin ran a plot to show what jerks they like to be. Great, you are the most super duper incredibly awesome jerks around. 

• That might be wanting to leave it that way which is pretty cool in my opinion. Or they might be waiting to give a chance for the playerbase to band together and make a localised event out of the repairing.
  • No, it's obviously just to be jerks to Mroxyl specifically.
  • Antonius said:
    No, it's obviously just to be jerks to Mroxyl specifically.
    Between him and Lenn... I don't know who to play my tiny little violin more for.
  • @Tahquil It's not flooding where magi can come unflood the room. That was done long ago by players, as was appropriate. This is sitting inside a perfectly dry and secure house, but water is constantly dripping if the weather is warm, or there are sheets of ice throughout the interior of the house. Should be able to light a fire to get rid of that if in player hands, I'd think. 

Time to move ahead instead of having the stupidity of the plot left dragging and dragging and dragging and....
  • edited September 2019
    Shit. Sounds like you guys might have a problem with something supernatural affecting your city. A pluckish pixie or poltergeist with a predelication to precipitation, perhaps? Eridicate the existential erks with exorcisism or oratory intervention? Of course, occupants are not obliged to exert themselves on such endeavours.
  • I'd love a PRONOUNS command. This will better allow non-binary and trans characters, which would attract even more people! For example, PRONOUNS [preferred].

Like, if Xall happened to be non-binary (canonically, though, he is cis) and he typed something like PRONOUNS THEY.

An emote may show up like this.

Xallax brings their wings forward within reach of their hands and begins smoothing and arranging their wingfeathers.

To avoid confusion, it won't apply to the look command, so you can still determine the biological sex of a character.

Eh? Eh??

Isn't it anime to scream "Ashaxei" every damn time you want to dramatically become a giant flying lizard?
  • Xallax said:
    I'd love a PRONOUNS command. This will better allow non-binary and trans characters, which would attract even more people! For example, PRONOUNS [preferred].

Like, if Xall happened to be non-binary (canonically, though, he is cis) and he typed something like PRONOUNS THEY.

Xallax brings their wings forward within reach of their hands and begins smoothing and arranging their wingfeathers.

To avoid confusion, it won't apply to the look command, so you can still determine the biological sex of a character.

Eh? Eh??

They added this to Imperian, even though it doesn't technically make sense how they worded it (honours <person> They is) so maybe it'll come to Achaea eventually. 

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• Vhaith said:
    Xallax said:
    I'd love a PRONOUNS command. This will better allow non-binary and trans characters, which would attract even more people! For example, PRONOUNS [preferred].

Eh? Eh??

They added this to Imperian, even though it doesn't technically make sense how they worded it (honours <person> They is) so maybe it'll come to Achaea eventually. 
    I could be wrong but I think they’ve said this won’t ever come to Achaea. I thought I remember @Cooper posting something about it (sorry if wrong).
  • Xallax said:

emote brings their wings forward within reach of their hands and begins smoothing and arranging their wingfeathers.
    Done.