Can I Use My Druid/Mhaldorian Even If It's Been a While?

A Mhaldorian Druid-- this wasn't a problem before, but I don't know how people will react now. :( At this point surely it's a unique take on RP, as I've always intended?

Comments

• edited August 2019
    You should be fine under the grandfathering clause, though green skills like harvesting are banned. We have another old and grandfathered druid around. It's certainly a unique take! Don't be discouraged by IC contempt, and carve out that niche.

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• Keep in mind that participating in any attacks on the forests will also get you enemied and reduce the use of some more of your/those skills. 

• Yeah, attacking the forest has always been a no-go, and my character wouldn't take part, regardless.
  • Razara said:
    Yeah, attacking the forest has always been a no-go, and my character wouldn't take part, regardless.
    This part will not work out well for you. 

• Sorry for immediately shutting you down on CT like that - it legit never crossed my mind that there would be a grandfather clause for a factional enemy class :/
  • Cooper said:
    Razara said:
    Yeah, attacking the forest has always been a no-go, and my character wouldn't take part, regardless.
    This part will not work out well for you. 

Yeah that was my point.  Mhaldor has periods where (especially around the new year before groves are protected) they go on sprees where citizens appear encouraged, if not outright forced, to all join in.

• We don't truly "force" much anymore. Over time the playerbase has evolved to say, "We like being evil, but we don't like being treated like crap ICly, it just isn't the most enjoyable experience". And yes I'm very aware there are plenty who are fine with the old hardcore Mhaldorian RP, but most are not, so we've toned that down. Mandatory rituals/sermons/raid defense, though.

The only part that won't work out for Razara (or any forestal class that happens to still be a citizen) is if they refuse to harm the forests. I'd be willing to bet an arrangement could be made if the proper argument of utilizing class abilities to kill people was made.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Can't be forced to participate if you are not logged d in. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Like Occultists and Infernals..  in the case of a grandfathered Drood or whatever, harming Nature includes using those skills against Nature (a la Eleusis). If I recall offhand, that is why... Jemisha, is it?, got enemied. Raiding.  Or maybe just exterm defense.

• Druid probably is the least restricted Forestal though if forest enemied, just won't be able to use a lot of groves. As far as I'm aware charging your staff still works so you can use things like vigour and panacea. Reclamation might not work, idr but all the good stuff is in metamorphosis which is all unaffected by that.

An attitude of not wanting to hurt Eleusis, or the Forests or any other org is probably gonna be met with trouble in Mhaldor, we don't force people to raid very often but sometimes it does happen during events and other issued things. But not wanting to act against a non-Mhaldorian org is pretty antithetical to Mhaldor.
  • Caelan said:
    Like Occultists and Infernals..  in the case of a grandfathered Drood or whatever, harming Nature includes using those skills against Nature (a la Eleusis). If I recall offhand, that is why... Jemisha, is it?, got enemied. Raiding.  Or maybe just exterm defense.
    Geez. Learn your villagers! Jemisha is Eleusian. Jems, might be the one you're thinking of.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• I have a lil bit going on in life and knew it was a Jem Jemisha Jems Jams type of nsme. Either way it doesn't negate the point.

• We have a grandfathered occultist in Eleusis with the same kind of problems a druid in Mhaldor would face. If you wish to pursue that unique RP there has to be some compromises to make it work.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    The occultist is probably in a much better position overall though 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Caelan said:
    I have a lil bit going on in life and knew it was a Jem Jemisha Jems Jams type of nsme. Either way it doesn't negate the point.
    I like blueberry jams.