Svof prompt error in blackout

I'm still using svof 33, configured for server side curing, so I was not sure where to post this.

Has anyone experienced an error in prompt during blackout lately? An e! appears at the prompt and the error is:

The problem was: prompt vitals function failed - (...gl.configmudletprofilesAchaea/Runewarden 
svo/svo:22195: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'maxhealth' (a nil value)). Maybe the system 
isn't installed yet?

Looking at the svof code it seems that a function called prompt_stats is trying to update stats from gmcp.Char.Vitals but this gmcp variable is not being received during blackout, not sure if this is related or if this has happened always like this :S

Comments

• It's a new issue, looks like there was a recent change to gmcp in blackout and the maxhealth variable is no longer relayed during blackout. Svo is still trying to use maxhealth to assume your stats in blackout, and thus it errors out.

I think its fixed in the new client-side svo, if you're looking to update.
  • Thanks for the answer  :) So they actually changed the way gmcp.Char.Vitals is conveyed in blackout.

I did some tests and yes, the problem seems to be in this chunk of code and the math operations based on it afterwards:

local vitals = gmcp.Char.Vitals
        stats.currenthealth, stats.maxhealth,
        stats.currentmana, stats.maxmana,
        stats.currentendurance, stats.maxendurance,
        stats.currentwillpower, stats.maxwillpower
         =
            vitals.hp, vitals.maxhp,
            vitals.mp, vitals.maxmp,
            vitals.ep, vitals.maxep,
            vitals.wp, vitals.maxwp<br>

I will check if I can fix it  in my local svo file with something like "if (affs.blackout) then do not retrieve the values from gmcp.Char.Vitals", as I didn't want to upgrade to the client version yet, or have a look at the code of the client-side svo to see how they fixed it.
  • Client side is working very well, and has active attention from a few of the very dedicated volunteers. I think you should just switch. 
  • This is actually fixed in the clinet side  :)