Nexsys - Curing system for Achaea Nexus Client (super beta version)

I don't feel like giving a super big write up, so just look over the README and dive in.  I'm releasing it way before I really want to, but I'd rather get it out there than never release it.

I ported most of my Mudlet system to Nexus.  It's meant to fully support multiclass and serverside aff/defs.  Figured it would be a decent opportunity to help out the community a bit by making it public, so have at it.

I have been fighting on it for a little while now in Runewarden, but I have been the only user/tester so far.

This is a pretty beta version, but feedback and criticism are welcome.  I still have a number of things I want to do before I release something that I will actually support, but I will try to help out where I can if you decide you want to use it.

I have included some other small packages (Local Custom Settings, Bombs, Sigils, Tattoos, and Walls)

Read the README: https://github.com/jhuiAchaea/Nexsys
Download the zip: https://github.com/jhuiAchaea/Nexsys/archive/master.zip
extract and import in Reflex Packages and type load.

Comments

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    edited August 2016
    I'll dl when you tell me how to pronounce Jhui ... I do J-ooooo

Jk I'll try it anyways :) awesome

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Szanthax said:

Jew
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Austere said:
    Szanthax said:

Jew
    People always say jew-ee and I'm like.. you msg jew?

• I pronounce it 'Je-wee'.

That way even when he kills me it feels fun. 'Wheeeeeeeee'.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    @Jhui - I love you.
  • if only I could port this back to Mudlet :/or read Nexus code.
  • edited August 2016
    quick log of how it handles afflictions.  Obviously, I haven't prettified it yet, but it's functional.

The 'Play log button won't work if you don't download it.  If you click on a dropdown on the far right of this link you can download it and play it in your browser at actual speed (all Nexus logs work this way).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ap92zu9458q59pa/log-1472612164577.html?dl=0

• Very nice, Jhui. This is a great addition to the Nexus packages available.

It looks like there is just a little bit of overlap between your system and Bip-core, which tracks (but does not act upon) afflictions.

Have you tested to see if the two systems can work at the same time? It doesn't seem immediately apparent that there would be any conflicts.

Can anyone test this? I'm curious to see the results.
  • edited August 2016
    Joo-hee.

Props for being able to stick through such an awful coding language :( Wish I could; Nexus UI is nice.

• There are worse languages than javascript in the programming world. Atleast the nexus client is using a language that is worth getting some solid knowledge about for anyone interested in some sort of web development.

This looks like a really good start for anyone to run with. Awesome work @Jhui
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    I had it downloaded and imported, then had to remove it because I didn't have time to mess with it. But things like not having enchanted rings or knowing how to parry need to be changed early on. I'll mess with that when I have more time, but at first glance, it looked really nice. 
  • Ya I should probably clear parry defense if it fails because you are not wielding

for the resistance rings. That is server side spamming it. I included my settings in the helper package. If you want to remove resistances from keepup you can just set the prio to 0 in the table there and it'll take it off server side keepup for you when you load
  • Okay, first off, super big help this package and I am loving it.
    Second, I am having such trouble altering the defTable. I cannot seem to permanently override the custom settings for the defense table, meaning I have coldresist, poisonresist, etc. at 25 but I want them at 0. everytime I overwrite them in the custompackage they just get set back to 25 by the server. If I do it manually using curing priorities defence coldresist reset it works only until I log on the next time where it is back to 25. 
    How the heck do I change that and prioritize my defences the way I want them? Is there an alias or something I can use to do so, cause I havent found one. Please help!
  • If i remember correctly, i think if you manually delete the variable that stores to the server it'll rewrite it based on the table in the code @Dominius
  • customdeftable and customdefsettings both come back if I delete them manually. I tried delting them, changing serverside settings to what I want and edited the customsystem defense table. when I log in again variables are back and everything else overwritten. any more thoughts?
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Relative tip:

The .nxs file is in json.  You can open the file in a text editor, then do a search to find instances of something you want to alter (such as a table being re/written).  Using the information surrounding the result, you should be able to track down the culprit inside the reflex tab much more easily.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • yeah I did that, still think I tried deleting the right variables, no idea why it keeps reseting them. replay, no idea..

let loadDefTable = function() {\n    let model = get_variable('CustomDefTable');\n    client.updateAndSaveModel('CustomDefTable', client.defTable, model);\n};\n\nlet loadDefSettings = function() {\n    let model = get_variable('CustomDefSettings');\n    if(model) {\n        client.updateModel(client.defPrios.keepup, model.keepup);\n     
  • I'm using this and I'm doing pretty good with it.
    One quick questions when I Do On Repeat "dor" I can't use aliases I programmed in nexus client, it only uses in game "setalias".  Anything I can do to change this?
  • This script is going crazy trying to use skills I don't have during LOAD (parry and guard?)