How did I not know this?

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Rhivona said:
    Apparently none of you seem to know that, while bashing in a group, you can use ASSIST to target the group leader their denizen target! Consider yourselves enlightened.
    A while ago I was 'I swear I remember something about autotargetting off the group leader' but couldn't remember what it was and couldn't find anything in the help files so thanks for that.

PS: Assist in this context doesn't appear in any help files if you look at HELP ASSIST, maybe add it to groups or settarget
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Rhivona said:
    Apparently none of you seem to know that, while bashing in a group, you can use ASSIST to target the group leader their denizen target! Consider yourselves enlightened.
    This is awesome, I had no idea! Gonna add it into the "pile of random things to know and shout at slaves" list.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Wow, you just made me almost consider letting people bash with me to use that!! Definently didn't know about it

If that gets incorporated into player targets with group pk... haha, good times

• It won't be added for adventurers, I asked last night!

I already planned how to add it when I bash with you, should work pretty slick.

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Serpents can bask indoors if they conjure a lightwall in the room.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • It's a good way to cure darkshade, that's for sure.
  • @Rhivona : you can CLWHO PISCES to see who is on in the PISCES clan while still being on TMC...
    ... BUT is there a way to access a clan's help files without swapping to that particular clan? 

i.e. checking out PISCES files/scrolls while still being on TMC.

• CLAN PISCES HELP <file>
  • FUCKING AYE.
  • That works for most (possibly all) other clan commands too, e.g. CLAN PISCES TELL <message>, CLAN PISCES INDUCT <person>.
  • I enjoy this. Thank you guys.
  • Antonius said:
    That works for most (possibly all) other clan commands too, e.g. CLAN PISCES TELL <message>, CLAN PISCES INDUCT <person>.
    Tahquil said:
    FUCKING AYE.

• Thaisen said:

I wish we could reply to ideas in game...but if the person who put this one up sees this...

You'll be happy to know that SEARCHEMOTE and SHOWEMOTE exist for this exact purpose :)

I'm not the idea er, but omg
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    I remember the dark yet cringily hilarious days when SHOWEMOTE didn't exist and custom emotes took balance. 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Custom emotes don't take balance anymore? I somehow never noticed that :lol:
  • People used to use them for combat.

Current systems and serverside won't be fooled by that anymore.

If people started using them in combat again the hammer would come down quick.

• SophiSophi Rally Point
    Em snaps her fingers in front of you.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Wasn't it illegal to use emotes in combat? I seem to recall that being the case for quite some time. :no_mouth:

• Plenty got slapped down for it, yes. The warning in HELP EMOTING has been there basically as long as the help file's existed.

• I used to randomise the Stupidty emotes and add them into my tarot aliases to make people think stupidity had stuck. As said above, systems these days won't fall for that. I removed it pretty quickly once it was pointed out the rules of engagement. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I mean you're allowed to fool people that way. There's nothing that says you're not allowed to use premotes in combat, lol. You're just not allowed to use custom emotes that mimic actual attacks etc.

• No need to go to through the trouble of installing mudlet. All abilities and skills are on the wiki! https://wiki.achaea.com/Category:Classes

• Adrik said:
    @Thaisen
    I shouldn't have to look at the wiki to learn about class skills. Some of the wiki stuff doesn't even have balance times, etc.
    It should match exactly with the AB files.... cause I recently redid them all! haha.

but you are right. Would be nice to have IG. Was just providing an alternative.

• In the meantime, Zahan made a Nexus mod that let you do exactly that quite a while ago.
  • RyxRyx North of Northreach
    If you're struggling with Amarisse's quest, you can talk to her later and she offers something else.

Don't be me. Don't look 5 hours for an opal.
  • Ryx said:
    If you're struggling with Amarisse's quest, you can talk to her later and she offers something else.

Don't be me. Don't look 5 hours for an opal.
    I'm pretty sure they are always beside Lafrin.
  • I went back and go the same thing again. Time to continue scouring the desert for glass, it seems :D
  • I spent around 10-15 hours trying to find a special kind of lime recently.

Then broke down and decided to ask people for help. Someone was able to instantly give me a hint to put me on the right path and I had the lime like 15 minutes later.

Some stuff is just freaking obscure.