Client-side Svo

So with the approval from Vadi, a few of us in the community wanted to get this system back on track. Currently the system is not stable to work normally. Right now there are still a lot of things that need to be tested and fixed to get it to a full release anytime soon. However, compiling what the system is now, I wanted to make a post so people have a place to go to download the system, report back any errors they find, and have a spot for all of us to work together on this.

Please note that by downloading and using this system, things will break, and this post is not intended to release the client side version. This post is strictly to get the code out to the people who are willing to help fix things and to test them so we can make a release at a later unknown date. This thread and the channel on discord will be for the client side version, while the main thread will be for the main system.

Currently the checkoff list is up to date and still needs to be worked through. That can be found here.

Priest needs to be updated
  • The removal of the skill Healing from the system
  • The addition of the skill Zeal into the system
  • The addition of prayer balance into the system
The client side system can be downloaded from here using the instructions Vadi posted here. The .zip in the instructions no longer works. You will need to download directly from github to have access to the files. Click the Clone or Download button on the right, and download a .zip file. Extract that .zip and continue to follow Vadis installation instructions from the post mentioned above.

Vadi created a channel on the Svo discord for the client-side version for people to ask questions and to post updates so they don't get mixed in with the main client.

An invite to the discord channel can be found here.

Again I want to iterate that this is not a official release of the client-side svo. This isn't even an alpha release. This is mainly for the coders in the community to have easy access to find the code and to report back any problems they find. If you have any questions or need to report anything, please comment in this thread or the discord server. The people who are keeping track of it will respond here.

Once we can finalize the checklist and get the system working functionally we will announce a full release to the client-side system. Until then it is up to the community to get these changes done as Vadi is no longer responsible for the updating and maintaining of this system.

Comments

• Let me know if I can test anything, I have Shikudo and Runewarden. Also can donate credits to people helping get it up to date!
  • QwindorQwindor Fort Riley
    So as an update we have done a bunch of changes so far. Our goal right now is primarily to get its basic functionality running again with all the new classes and their defenses which for the most part we have done. We still probably need to go over the affliction dictionary to make sure all of the afflictions are in there now so that the base for them is there. After that is mainly adding in the lines for tracking the afflictions for those who don't want to use serverside with svof but again our main goal is to get it working properly for all classes and then we can add in the rest. I put a tentative date for the 1st of August to start beta testing but it will be dependent on if we can get all the bugs we keep running into fixed without causing more. So far its going well so I think we will make that date and if not then there isn't much we can do except keep working on it to get there. There are only three of us primarily working on it right now until our fourth is able to do so again and it's me @Kriex and @Dragonknight. I am also waiting on some bug reports to come back from the staff about some things we ran into that seemed to be an issue in the game itself and screwed with our tracking.

• GMCP should eliminate the need for most affliction and defence based triggers. You could also just enable, then gag the output from, the universal affliction messages config option rather than requiring all of the different lines.

What specific game-side issues have you run into?
  • Right now some class cures not responding correctly. Some skills using the curing queue and others not.  We also had some troubles with Priest and gmcp that got fixed.  Problem with using gmcp for all affs is blackout not generating gmcp stuff but still having third person lines. Thats why we are keeping the triggers for now. 

I dont see why it wont be ready by the 1st but the three of us like to break stuff as we fix other things.  Its been a rollercoastwr ride to say the least. But we are a lot further than where we started at the start of this month
  • Also we dont have every class between the three of us. So some of the classes are spectulation that they work. We wont know till the release and people start reporting problems back to us.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Discord invite is out of date btw

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:
    Discord invite is out of date btw
    Here is a new one!
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Also please test through this  https://github.com/svof/svof/pull/329 especially the unchecked boxes. We are trying to squash all the bugs and feedback is super welcome

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I'm really glad to see this project finally finished even if I didn't complete it - and now it's even better as there's a whole team behind the system now to keep updating it =)
  • Fair warning, if you are going to just throw this beta version of Svof in with your other scripts thinking they will mesh well. Don't get frustrated and give up. Just because we got Svof working. We don't have every script you have running. Your code, or whoever wrote it could have unforeseen conflicts. (Notably Ak's Opponent Tracking). Variable conflicts can cause unforeseen problems. I do recommend you try out the beta version on a blank profile and slowly add your scripts in making sure they don't conflict. Unless you enjoy jumping in the deep end, and aren't going to just say "This shit sucks, I'm uninstalling." It's a beta. Have patience and please report the issues on github. If you find something wrong and give up on it. We may never find the problem on our own to fix.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited July 2019
    Edit:  not my pig, not my farm. 
  • DragonknightDragonknight Mhaldor
    edited July 2019
    I was only using Ak's Oppenent Tracking as an example of issues we ran into getting to this point, I believe the most updated version of both are working fine together. 

Side note: I highly recommend you turn on echo lua errors to the main console while testing. It is under Settings>Main Display, and it is a check box toward the bottom.
  • QwindorQwindor Fort Riley
    Apparently the link i gave changes when there is a new commit. Here is the main site and just click the copy download button there and download the zip with the same instructions as before. Anytime you see an update on there you have to redownload and unzip until we get it released and do the auto updater for it.

• Also, please note that while if we don't have errors to fix, we will be updating svof to add a bunch of QoL enhancements as the four of us have a bunch of ideas already. However if you would like svof to do something, you can ask about it in discord and we can see about adding it into the system. Just an update on the limb counter QoL stuff. Here is a sneak peak as to whats to come with the final release of the Limb Counter addon

• Thank you everyone working on this! Looks great!

I just want to implore the people using Svof to donate credits to this cause since that will ensure the team is compelled and motivated to continue making improvements. Please donate, even if it is a small amount. You can make your donation to @Qwindor and he will divvy them out.
  • As soon as I have unbound credits again, I will. 
  • If there is a new release:
    - download the zip, unzip
    - remove current module, add the new module again
    - do we have to set it up  all over again?

Is this process correct?

Thanks
  • @Dochitha download the zip. Unzip it to the location you have the old zip. Overwrite the files. Load mudlet. As long as you have the boxes marked for sync in the module manager then you will be good to go.  You will not need to vinstall again as your settings get saved in your mudlet profile folder
  •  Kriex said:
    @Dochitha download the zip. Unzip it to the location you have the old zip. Overwrite the files. Load mudlet. As long as you have the boxes marked for sync in the module manager then you will be good to go.  You will not need to vinstall again as your settings get saved in your mudlet profile folder
    I would close mudlet first. If you do it while mudlet is open. Mudlet could overwrite the files you unzipped.