Quick Questions

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I'd say Miniskills since they'll make you tanky. You don't raid, so having high vision past alertness or thereabouts is not at all important. No point to riding as a class, either. Maybe get a few extra slots for tattoos and such, though.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Miniskills for sure.
  • Do Air Lord abilities benefit from dexterty? I noticed this is their highest default stat. Thinking about getting the dex trait otherwise I might just go for more health.
  • Ele Lords do not benefit from any stat (aside from Con). There was a classlead about changing that but didn't actually seem to happen.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited July 2019
    I was under the impression that Falcon Seek wasn't supposed to allow falcons to go indoors to people, especially if that person is indoors behind a closed door. Had this happen to me while in a stockroom, and when I bugged it I got the "working as intended" message. This seems odd.

The description for Falcon Seek doesn't specifically mention indoors, but Falcon Track does mention that falcons shouldn't be able to enter indoors, and that if their track target goes indoors it will wait for them to come out again.

So are falcons supposed to be able to fly indoors, let alone through closed (and locked) doors?

• Proper stock room defence includes a shimmering orb.
    edited July 2019
    Mindshell said:
    Proper stock room defence includes a shimmering orb.

Not sure what that has to do with why falcons can seemingly fly indoors, through locked doors. Or what shimmering orbs have to do with stock room defence.

• edited July 2019
    Shimmering orb blocks falcon glance and retrieve and also Veilglance type abilities. They should be be a must for stockroom defence the same as you do with sigils. Also, invest in a chameleon tattoo for when you stock a shop if you don't have a gem.

While Falcons indoors is a logical thing to ask, you're clearly not looking at all options when defending your stockroom and instead of seeing the flaw in your own preparation you are asking about coding bugs, even when the admin have repeatedly said it's working as intended. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
    edited July 2019
    There were multiple shimmering orbs in the stockroom, as that's one of the items sold in the shop. I was simply under the impression (based on the wiki and old skill descriptions) that shimmering orbs only worked against the Appraise ability in player inventory only. If they work against other skills for items in a room, that is great to know, but it's not something I've heard of before or read anywhere. 

Can you please reference any other instances you might know of where it's been confirmed that falcons should be able to fly indoors, through locked doors? I've unfortunately not been able to find any. Getting the default response to my bug report a minute after filing it doesn't clarify anything for me, as there have been many times I've submitted bugs, got that default response, resubmitted, and the bug was actually fixed. 

Shimmering orbs stop both glancing and retrieving things by falcons, yeah. If that didnt work then -that- was the bug. Stop trying to get falcons nerfed.  :s

Shirszae said:
    Shimmering orbs stop both glancing and retrieving things by falcons, yeah. If that didnt work then -that- was the bug. Stop trying to get falcons nerfed.  :s
    No one is trying to get falcons nerfed. I asked a simple question regarding a questionable instance. If you don't know the answer, that's fine, but don't make assumptions. 

• But we do know the answer. So do you 

• I'm only going on the numerous issues put in that have come out with the same answer from the Admin. 

Falcon has worked that way for as far as I can recall off the top of my head. Definitely since I started fighting in earnest.

Hmmm....I issued myself about it just now seeking clarification, and immediately got this.

Your issue #85879 has been converted to a bug report (#5128).

• Sobriquet said:
    But we do know the answer. So do you 
    Except that you are wrong. Falcons are not supposed to seek indoors.

Bug this. 

• Cooper said:
    Sobriquet said:
    But we do know the answer. So do you 
    Except that you are wrong. Falcons are not supposed to seek indoors.

Bug this. 
    As above, we've issued about this a number of times and always get told it's intended. That said, I'd have no problem if they changed it. 

• Why have you and the others posted those multiple issue responses then?

• Different people at different times without knowing the others have done so. Pretty simple really. 

• Okay, well without those issue responses posted it is just as easy for me to say it didn't work like that for at least 10-15 years and is a bug.

If you have the issue responses, please post them.

As you can see, Kresslack did and issue and it was immediately converted to a bug. If he hadn't done that, your information might have swayed people to think it wasn't actually a bug, and this wouldn't be getting looked at.

• As I said recently, just because an issue gets converted to a bug does NOT mean that it is verified as a bug, it means that you have not filed an issue but a bug report. Whether or not it is a bug will be determined by the coding team and then the bug will be either fixed or deleted as not a bug/intended behaviour.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Nicola said:
    As I said recently, just because an issue gets converted to a bug does NOT mean that it is verified as a bug, it means that you have not filed an issue but a bug report. Whether or not it is a bug will be determined by the coding team and then the bug will be either fixed or deleted as not a bug/intended behaviour.
    Obviously you're wrong because Cooper is always right.
    edited July 2019
    Nvm          

Final answer I got was "This is currently intended" and to submit a classlead request next cycle if wanting to see it changed. I'm pretty sure falcons did not work like this in the past, and I don't see any classlead notes on when that was changed. But if that is their answer, guess that's the way they want it.

• Incoming massive shop theft as everyone discovers the 100% intended feature of a falcon being able to seek into a locked stockroom, and the necessity to have shimmering orbs now.

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Uh. Most people discovered that a long time ago, I'm afraid. That's why Targ shop security regs require people to have shimmering orbs in their stockrooms.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
    I don't know how far back your definition of past goes bu this is nothing new. Has worked like this for at least two to three years at the very least. 

edited July 2019
    I went as far back as ANNOUNCE NEWS #3158  (March 7, 2010) and no mention of falcons being changed to be able to seek and track indoors. Mentions every other change to Falconry, including using them out at sea, but nothing about being able to go indoors.

It also doesn't explain how Falcon Track has always said that it will not work against people indoors:

Syntax:            FALCON TRACK <target>
    Works on/against:  Adventurers
    Details:
    This ability is an improved version of falcon follow. With track, even if the falcon temporarily
    loses its target, because the target went indoors, the falcon will continue to follow the target
    once the target comes back outside.