Furniture Placement

SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
I actually IDEA'd this, but the more I thought about it, the more I think this could probably do with a bit more detail and love.

The current placement situation is this:

An upholstered wing-back chair stands here. A plush but boxy-looking ottoman stands here sitting in front of an upholstered wing-back chair.

It just looks super awkward because the italicised are dropped descriptions, and they don't gel well with the rest of the room once placement is included. The short (appearance) description will probably do better with furniture placement. 

Maybe like: <dropped desc for furniture1> with <short desc for furniture 2> sitting in front of it. 

The other issue is that furniture is that placement categories are really limited. For example, you can't place two chairs close to each other without an intermediary table or couch which doesn't make a lot of sense.

And I haven't tested yet on account of not having enough wood, but I have a feeling that multiple pieces of furniture being placed close to each other probably looks awkward as well. 

Perhaps some additional arrangements could be:
<#> <furniture short desc> are arranged close together.

[[2 upholstered wing-back chairs are arranged close together]] <-- which would allow seating furniture to be placed near another regardless of type. 
Or 
<#> <furniture short desc> are arranged around a <table/surface furniture short desc>. 

[[2 shabby dining chairs are arranged around a rickety table.]]
[[2 shabby dining chairs and a lopsided bench are arranged around a rickety table.]]
[[2 shabby dining chairs, a wobbly stool, and a lopsided bench are arranged around a rickety table.]]

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    My dream is that we be allowed to freeform arrangement but it'll likely never happen, assuming it is possible at all.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.