2100 Credits

So I'll be retiring a couple characters, getting the elite membership, and the no brainer lessons and credit package. Gives me 2k lessons and a total of 2.1k credits to start out with. My question is, what class should I go for hunting if I don't want to go knight and how should I use the remaining credits assuming 900 are used for 2 class skills and avoidance. That leaves me with 1,200 left to spend. I want to reach dragon quickly but knights are kind of boring since they have to 2hand to maximize. Assuming cities still play a role in what class you can use, so I'm looking towards Ashtan. Mhaldor is cool but I can't do the submissive role thing very well and I hate things like rites and rituals which they are big on. At least they used to be. Not sure about Cyrene, Hashan and Eleusis don't really draw my attention at all. May just play a rogue if that is a viable option. Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• edited July 2019
    You don't want much do you?

Rogue wont help as you'll lose the benefits of being in a city. 2H isn't boring at all, just go with a class you like. Dragon isn't too hard these days if you are happy to put some time in. Get Earth Lord too and you'll be fine.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • In defense of Cyrene, and since you want to hunt to Dragon quickly, Cyrene has an abundance of Runies that can get you hunting runes pretty much all the time, usually for free.  
  • Targossas has the effigy for xp bonus.
  • Don't go rogue, how dull. All non sword and shield knights are great bashers. With the exception of depthswalker, psion, and sword and shield most classes are pretty decent at it. See pve analysis thread for numbers.
  • Sobriquet said:
    You don't want much do you?

Rogue wont help as you'll lose the benefits of being in a city. 2H isn't boring at all, just go with a class you like. Dragon isn't too hard these days if you are happy to put some time in. Get Earth Lord too and you'll be fine.

Don't want much? I'm a bit confused. I didn't think I was asking a whole lot? Let me clarify my question as I posted my original one in a bit of a hurry this morning so it may not be very comprehensible.

2k lessons, 2.1k credits. Looking at Cyrene or Ashtan as a city. Not interested in knights. Looking more at Blademaster, Depthswalker, Jester, Monk, Occultist, and Psion. Based upon @Gror comment about depthswalker and psion not being a very great choice for hunting. What would you suggest as a class that would get the most out of the lessons and credits? And what would you spend the credits on artifact wise? If there is another class that you would recommend that is not tied to Mhaldor, Targossas, or Elesuis, I am open to suggestions.
  • Oh also, depthswalker isnt terrible per say....it just deals garbage damage. It is kind of tanky though. But even with a bunch of strength and a lvl 3 scythe you'd hit like a wet noodle. Psionalso jas terrible damage, and I rhink its squishy too but idk.
  • Gror said:
    Of those you listed, jester is actually a pretty great basher. If you can narrow your class choices down a bit more it would be easierto suggest what to spend. 

General priorities go like this: class skills>avoidance and riding>arties.
    Then for arties it goes shield of absorption if usable, lvl 1 con lvl 1 sip lvl 2 bracelet. You may also get things to boost your offense once you're tanky enough. I cannot overstate the value of a crit pendant for hunting. I'd get at least a level 2 asap. 
    After looking at the classes more, I've been bouncing between monk, jester and blademaster. I was leaning more towards Blademaster as it looks like it has a samurai feel to it, but Jester looks like it could be fun too with the unusual skills. According to the PVE thread, if I read it correctly, looks like Blademaster has the highest dps so that was kind of a though, but I'm open between the two.
  • @Gror I've also considered mage, but I've never been good at playing magic based heroes lol. 
  • Palas said:
    @Gror I've also considered mage, but I've never been good at playing magic based heroes lol. 
    Magis are good. Low health but high resistances, good bashing damage. Get a diadem and an soa and you'll wreck. From there add more damage ad your tankiness allows. Also you can wield soa in dragon so it's always a good investment. Mages are a limb prep class here and very good in groups. 
  • SophiSophi Rally Point
    Imo bashing straight to dragon is boring af no matter what class. Play what's fun for you and the dragon will come eventually anyway. Or just dont embrace class as 2H and decide later when you better understand what you want. 
  • Gror said:
    Of those you listed, jester is actually a pretty great basher. If you can narrow your class choices down a bit more it would be easierto suggest what to spend. 

Then for arties it goes shield of absorption if usable, lvl 1 con lvl 1 sip lvl 2 bracelet. You may also get things to boost your offense once you're tanky enough. I cannot overstate the value of a crit pendant for hunting. I'd get at least a level 2 asap. 
    Riding does absolutely nothing directly for bashing, so if that's your primary focus I wouldn't bother with it. Some of the utility stuff like gallop and flying is good for getting around, but it's probably not worth investing lessons in just for those as you can definitely live without them.
  • Antonius said:
    Gror said:

Riding does absolutely nothing directly for bashing, so if that's your primary focus I wouldn't bother with it. Some of the utility stuff like gallop and flying is good for getting around, but it's probably not worth investing lessons in just for those as you can definitely live without them.
    Also if you're a Serpent then you already have dash instead of gallop, and RoF is a better investment for flying.