Memorable quotes

Comments

• Pyori said:
    (Ashtan): Dunn says, "If I have to listen to any more drama, I will kill you all."
    (Ashtan): Dunn says, "And I mean all of you."
    (Ashtan): You say, "Uh oh, we're dunn for now."
    (Ashtan): Dunn says, "Especially you."

I feel so loved. :3

I dunn think he appreciates the puns. Where's Penwize when you need him?

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• edited July 2019
    Vhaith said:
    I dunn think he appreciates the puns. Where's Penwize when you need him?
    (Ashtan): Ethoas says, "You're stealing Penwize's job."
    (Ashtan): Penwize says, "She's a very astute protege."

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited July 2019
    You sense an alien presence blossom into existence at the back of your head, whispering quietly into the dark recesses of your mind.

Your conscious will wastes away in moments as the susurrant voice claims dominion over your thoughtscape, flooding your senses with notions of death, emptiness, and blissful release from this mortal shell.

Raising your hands to your neck, agony is turned to sheer ecstasy as you squeeze at your own throat, desperate to obey the soft whispers even as your life leaves your body.
    You have been slain by his own hand.

That death was so cool I can't even be sorry. But first Babel making me punch myself, now this... what -is- it with Gods and taking over my limbs?

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Done! A formidable sea-spray albatross will now be named 'Coleridge.'

Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • On a whim, I decided to browse random ancient posts. Found a little post from the salt-infested Forest Conflict thread:
    Iocun said:
    Well, green red fog would be a bit silly.

You're right, Iocun, green fog would never work at al...

Blackstone military quarter.
    Only the occasional, fleeting star is visible past the dark clouds blanketing the sky above. Some
    graffiti has been scrawled here. It reads, "Fight strongly, Dawnspear!" A runic totem is planted 
    solidly in the ground. An emerald mist drifts underfoot, swirling with each passing eddy. Eyes 
    keenly raised to the skies, a cowled bow-maiden plucks idly at her bowstring. There are 3 Blackstone 
    swordsmen here. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Lambent 
    energy pulses around the skeletal frame of a Naxian mistweaver. Blowing proudly in the breeze, a 
    multicoloured ribbon hangs in celebration of the Worlds' Fair. A large barracks is here providing 
    the city's forces with rest and refuge.

• Synbios said:
    On a whim, I decided to browse random ancient posts. Found a little post from the salt-infested Forest Conflict thread:
    Iocun said:
    Well, green red fog would be a bit silly.

You're right, Iocun, green fog would never work at al...

Blackstone military quarter.
    Only the occasional, fleeting star is visible past the dark clouds blanketing the sky above. Some
    graffiti has been scrawled here. It reads, "Fight strongly, Dawnspear!" A runic totem is planted 
    solidly in the ground. An emerald mist drifts underfoot, swirling with each passing eddy. Eyes 
    keenly raised to the skies, a cowled bow-maiden plucks idly at her bowstring. There are 3 Blackstone 
    swordsmen here. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Lambent 
    energy pulses around the skeletal frame of a Naxian mistweaver. Blowing proudly in the breeze, a 
    multicoloured ribbon hangs in celebration of the Worlds' Fair. A large barracks is here providing 
    the city's forces with rest and refuge.
    That's a mist, not a fog.
  • Well, he clearly mist it..

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I love our mist. It has a really cool backstory. :(

But why green? What does green have to do with Targossas. Sure, blue is kind of dark, and purple is chaosy, but GREEN?!
  • edited July 2019
    There is a really good reason why it's green: I actually have it on very good authority that Targ and Eleusis will be merging shortly, soon to be retitled Team Seafoam.

And everything has a really great backstory, because our admin and volunteers kick ass at writing that kind of stuff. But it could be -anything- with a really good backstory. It doesn't have to be the thing Mhaldor did first and has been known for for like fifteen IRL years.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • I dunno. I definitely get it. When Mhaldor was first a thing, they were the undisputed bad guys. Now that each city and faction (except maybe Cyrene? Time will tell...) are basically their own flavour of hilariously terrible people with utopian ideologies, it makes a lot of sense to me to crib from the OG villains first, and worry about making stuff sufficiently different later. Aesthetic signifiers are a good way of conceptually linking things together, and I'm totally cool with pillaging other people's schtick if it's part of a conscious effort to show how similar things are. Like... if Team A is known for their awesome signature hat, and the meta drifts everybody conceptually closer to Team A, just give the other teams their own cool signature hat. Easy solutions are absolutely fine so long as they are understood to be a token of good faith toward something bigger down the line.
  • Mathonwy said:
    There is a really good reason why it's green: I actually have it on very good authority that Targ and Eleusis will be merging shortly, soon to be retitled Team Seafoam.

And everything has a really great backstory, because our admin and volunteers kick ass at writing that kind of stuff. But it could be -anything- with a really good backstory. It doesn't have to be the thing Mhaldor did first and has been known for for like fifteen IRL years.
    Damn they figured it out! We will have to start all over again @Farrah:p but on a serious note I have wanted ivy or some plant life in Eleusis. We dont need some stinky dog! Though Cyrene rain is a nice touch, and I have often thought Hashan would look better with perpetual night and make more Shadowy.
  • Hashan has had blue fog and spectres since before I started playing. As far as I'm concerned that's og enough for them to keep it, whatever you think of the correlation with Mhaldor's fog and design space.
  • Oh dag! @Mindshell just straight *plaugh*'d at Mhalderrrr for biting so hard on Hashan's style. Damn. I bet this means war!

• Every city with fog or mist like effects are bad guys. Its like in the movies. Queues to let you know what the deal is without spelling it out.
  • Been playing for 20 years, have never seen what Mindshell mentioned. Saw Hashan & Targossas have recently gotten "mist" or whatever, and that's extremely stupid. 

• You're all forgetting the tsol'teth's pink fog.

Red, blue, green, pink... we only need one more...
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Cooper said:
    Been playing for 20 years, have never seen what Mindshell mentioned. Saw Hashan & Targossas have recently gotten "mist" or whatever, and that's extremely stupid. 
    There was a part of Hashan that was filled with a kind of blue mist. This was like years ago like "When I was kinda sort a novice" kind of years ago. There were aggro shades in that part of the city and it regularly killed wandering novices exploring the area.

• Skye said:
    Cooper said:
    Been playing for 20 years, have never seen what Mindshell mentioned. Saw Hashan & Targossas have recently gotten "mist" or whatever, and that's extremely stupid. 
    There was a part of Hashan that was filled with a kind of blue mist. This was like years ago like "When I was kinda sort a novice" kind of years ago. There were aggro shades in that part of the city and it regularly killed wandering novices exploring the area.
    That was Pre-Ren Hashan, basically the powers from the Wellspring were coming up from the cracks in Hashan. It is what caused the Sunderlands.
  • Lenn said:
    You're all forgetting the tsol'teth's pink fog.

Are you insinuating Eleusis would be the yellow [s]Ranger[/s] mist?

• Caelan said:
    Lenn said:

Are you insinuating Eleusis would be the yellow [s]Ranger[/s] mist?
    we'd be brown?
  • Lenn said:

...it's not pink fog, its purple! Bloody, fricking purple!