What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Mathonwy said:
    Not gonna lie, I was pretty disappointed with how badly I let my team down in the first round of the debate, but I hope I made up for it in the second. Regardless, I had a lot of fun with @Truax, @Lii, @Sothantos, @Farrah, and @Jiraishin over the last couple of days, so I want to thank them all for making this debate contest a reality. It's rare you get to see people argue about something that isn't text-religion or text-politics, so being able to take on some of the interesting subjects we have had to take on is really refreshing.

And hey, at least the halfling child is still on my side!
    I wanted to turn up for this, but it was too early for me. What topic was it on this time?
  • Marisella said:
    Mathonwy said:
    Not gonna lie, I was pretty disappointed with how badly I let my team down in the first round of the debate, but I hope I made up for it in the second. Regardless, I had a lot of fun with @Truax, @Lii, @Sothantos, @Farrah, and @Jiraishin over the last couple of days, so I want to thank them all for making this debate contest a reality. It's rare you get to see people argue about something that isn't text-religion or text-politics, so being able to take on some of the interesting subjects we have had to take on is really refreshing.

I wanted to turn up for this, but it was too early for me. What topic was it on this time?
    https://www.achaea.com/2019/07/11/sophists-win-debate-2/

• Mathonwy said:

Well that topic really is text-religion and text-politics, Eleusians have to argue that each day. I enjoyed watch to other factions especially the Ashtani talk about it, it was very enjoyable to read. Well done both sides!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Torrent said:
    You know the carnival games where you just throw money down hoping you will get better but then really don't..... That is how I feel about the Moirah, that thing hates me.
    What is the Moirah?

• Farrah said:
    Iakimen said:
    Jiraishin said:

As for the guard bash... A) That's staff tradition and your lot did it when you had staff too, so shut the fuck up about it. Though I can pretty much promise that retaliatory guard bashes are upcoming. And B ), since you are perpetually saying how you are never butthurt, you love all forms of pk and conflict... shut the fuck up about it. Or rejoice, because see point A.

How much of a tradition precisely is this guard bashing? I started playing after y600, so I can't speak with certainty, but to my knowledge neither Sothantos, Penwize, or Rangor did the guard bashing that Jhui did. The tradition you speak of started with Jhui. I'm fairly certain Jarrod did not do it, though I wasn't playing then too, so I can't say for sure. Even if Jarrod  and everyone before him guard bashed, that's really irrelevant. Targossas under the following two staff winners certainly did guard bash. The tradition could've ended with Jhui or Jarrod, but it was Targossas that chose to perpetuate it over the past 3 years.

The only people who claim this is tradition is Targossas (I don't remember Jhui doing it because of "tradition", but because he could, which imo is a far better reason for guard bashing then the bullshit you're spouting), the only cities that have followed this tradition over the past few years have been Targossas, and the only people who think calling it tradition is a good enough reason to justify staff raiding is, really, only Targossas.

I've no problems with guard raiding itself - I wished Farrah kept going, frankly, I certainly would have - but I've a problem with your faction justifying it via such a frail reason. That Targossas is rationalizing a fairly griefy mechanic based on the actions some faction did to you five years ago, when 95% of current Targossas wasn't even in Targossas at that time (including your current Staff winner, whom iirc was barely active back then), is absolutely ridiculous. Especially the bolded. Are you really referring to an event years ago for which neither you nor Astarod - and neither the vast majority of Ashtan's and Targossas's current combat core - were even close to being present for? Are you all still exhibiting repressed feelings of rage over Jhui's guard bashing, even though most of you weren't even there for the act to begin with? Or are you too afraid to admit that you're guard raiding just because you're strong enough to, and this "staff tradition" lets you pretend otherwise? Because it doesn't.

I'd suggest the next time you guard raid, you do it proudly and explain that it was just for griefing purposes and to impart feelings of rage, despair, impotence, and vengeance onto your victim. That is why I guard raid - and that is why you guard raid, too. The Staff lets you guard raid better. It doesn't give you a better reason to do it than the rest of us. Don't ever say this again.

You are like the Grinch stealing Christmas. Quit ruining our traditions. :(

("Tradition" doesn't mean it's for vengeance though. I think every staff bearer should do it because how often are you strong enough to solo bash full stationary stacks? But if every staff bearer does it... What is that called? It's not meant as a blame game by most of us at least.)
    Lol, step your game up... I can solo guard bash a stack of constables with a single TF and rare minerals....
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Mathonwy said:

We'll get you next time! 

Also, my eye is on that child. Dirty Occie sympathizer. 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • edited July 2019
    Proficy said:
    Farrah said:
    Iakimen said:
    Jiraishin said:

As for the guard bash... A) That's staff tradition and your lot did it when you had staff too, so shut the fuck up about it. Though I can pretty much promise that retaliatory guard bashes are upcoming. And B ), since you are perpetually saying how you are never butthurt, you love all forms of pk and conflict... shut the fuck up about it. Or rejoice, because see point A.

How much of a tradition precisely is this guard bashing? I started playing after y600, so I can't speak with certainty, but to my knowledge neither Sothantos, Penwize, or Rangor did the guard bashing that Jhui did. The tradition you speak of started with Jhui. I'm fairly certain Jarrod did not do it, though I wasn't playing then too, so I can't say for sure. Even if Jarrod  and everyone before him guard bashed, that's really irrelevant. Targossas under the following two staff winners certainly did guard bash. The tradition could've ended with Jhui or Jarrod, but it was Targossas that chose to perpetuate it over the past 3 years.

The only people who claim this is tradition is Targossas (I don't remember Jhui doing it because of "tradition", but because he could, which imo is a far better reason for guard bashing then the bullshit you're spouting), the only cities that have followed this tradition over the past few years have been Targossas, and the only people who think calling it tradition is a good enough reason to justify staff raiding is, really, only Targossas.

I've no problems with guard raiding itself - I wished Farrah kept going, frankly, I certainly would have - but I've a problem with your faction justifying it via such a frail reason. That Targossas is rationalizing a fairly griefy mechanic based on the actions some faction did to you five years ago, when 95% of current Targossas wasn't even in Targossas at that time (including your current Staff winner, whom iirc was barely active back then), is absolutely ridiculous. Especially the bolded. Are you really referring to an event years ago for which neither you nor Astarod - and neither the vast majority of Ashtan's and Targossas's current combat core - were even close to being present for? Are you all still exhibiting repressed feelings of rage over Jhui's guard bashing, even though most of you weren't even there for the act to begin with? Or are you too afraid to admit that you're guard raiding just because you're strong enough to, and this "staff tradition" lets you pretend otherwise? Because it doesn't.

I'd suggest the next time you guard raid, you do it proudly and explain that it was just for griefing purposes and to impart feelings of rage, despair, impotence, and vengeance onto your victim. That is why I guard raid - and that is why you guard raid, too. The Staff lets you guard raid better. It doesn't give you a better reason to do it than the rest of us. Don't ever say this again.

You are like the Grinch stealing Christmas. Quit ruining our traditions. :(

("Tradition" doesn't mean it's for vengeance though. I think every staff bearer should do it because how often are you strong enough to solo bash full stationary stacks? But if every staff bearer does it... What is that called? It's not meant as a blame game by most of us at least.)
    Lol, step your game up... I can solo guard bash a stack of constables with a single TF and rare minerals....

I said stationaries! Constables are ez. If you don't know the difference, you should go try one.
  • :(
    You just gave me my next milestone to work for...
    I'll hush till then
  • RyxRyx North of Northreach
    Got to ride on the giant while it moved! That was incredibly memorable.
  • He left out the part where I helped, and I have all the contracts on the guy, but he got the kill. :'(
  • #FakeNews.   The other thread said that killing the thief was impossible.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    ....Holy shit.

That is all.

• Managed to lock Dochitha in a spar with Shikudo (he was blademaster)!  Training continues B)
  • Oof, as SnB too so that 10 years probably felt like 50.

• Pyori said:
    Oof, as SnB too so that 10 years probably felt like 50.
    most of the journey was as Druid, just did the final push (98 to 99) as SnB cause I'm a masochist.
  • Came back from a 12 day absence to hear a new war is riling up. Am intrigued and excited.
  • Asmodron said:
    Came back from a 12 day absence to hear a new war is riling up. Am intrigued and excited.
    It is?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Mmmm, war... *drools*  :p  <3  B)
  • Cooper said:
    It's good to still be kind of new when you're teaching someone else how to play Achaea. You remember all of the problems you had so you can help them through that.
    Rather than the old farts who when they go back to teaching go on a completely different tangent cause something has changed in the game and then it goes and gets the newbie killed and they tell that didn't work. You go, "Why not?", you go back and realize opps its been changed then you're stuck with the "Oooooooo...sorry!". This is the voice of experience!
  • Teaching can also reveal gaps in your own knowledge, so you end up teaching the person you're helping, and working on the areas you didn't realize needed work.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Learned a bit more about upholstery than I ever thought I'd bother learning... I'm still not quite feeling furniture descriptions though.