Wishlist: Quality of Life

Comments

• RyxRyx North of Northreach
    I'd like a mode like that, that isn't a skill but a system option -- even if only in special places with actual events going on.
  • I'm stealing this idea from Bronislav, but a shop to repair items you find while deep sea diving (that doesn't charge credits) and turns something like a battered old music box into a working music box.  Alternatively, it could work into a skill tree within Seafaring somewhere, where sailors off watch have tinkered and figured out how to repair things.
  • Lenn said:
    I'd like if servants were expanded more.

Clan interaction, like sending CLT messages or inducting people, would be neat for OOS housing used to represent a clan headquarters.

Better item handling might be neat, for example being able to give items as an action.

A guard-type servant that deals more damage would be nice too. People tried to dissuade this by saying they'd be bashed, but normal servants can be bashed too, so whatever.

Events that happen on random intervals would be nice too, especially given how many denizens already have this feature.
    Honestly, since homes aren't prism-proof, rift-proof, shadow-step proof, etc. like ships (at initial purchase), I wouldn't mind having some kind of guard (100K per)? who respawns like servants do. If they don't drop gold or grant experience, then there's no real reason to bash them, if that makes sense. 

Just a thought. 

Also, can we have servants other than the distinct types offered? It would be nice to have more people in your castle, home, etc. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Astarod said:
    Lenn said:
    I'd like if servants were expanded more.

Clan interaction, like sending CLT messages or inducting people, would be neat for OOS housing used to represent a clan headquarters.

Better item handling might be neat, for example being able to give items as an action.

A guard-type servant that deals more damage would be nice too. People tried to dissuade this by saying they'd be bashed, but normal servants can be bashed too, so whatever.

Events that happen on random intervals would be nice too, especially given how many denizens already have this feature.
    Honestly, since homes aren't prism-proof, rift-proof, shadow-step proof, etc. like ships (at initial purchase), I wouldn't mind having some kind of guard (100K per)? who respawns like servants do. If they don't drop gold or grant experience, then there's no real reason to bash them, if that makes sense. 

Just a thought. 

Also, can we have servants other than the distinct types offered? It would be nice to have more people in your castle, home, etc. 
    I always found it weird there was no housing equivalent of swashbucklers, given how much easier it is to break into someone's home than it is to go through their ship. Give house guards.

• Nylian said:
    Better morphing armour that will keep a description on it without resetting.

Only the armour thing is QoL really. Morphing Armour handling sucks.  The rest is a wishlist though!
    This exists, and has for quite some time now. Morphing armour will retain descriptions on a per-type basis. For instance, if you have customised scalemail, morph it into fullplate, the fullplate shall be standard fullplate, but return to your customised description when you go back to scalemail. You can also have multiple descriptions across armour types, if you wish to purchase multiple customisations.
  • Phaestus said:
    Nylian said:

Only the armour thing is QoL really. Morphing Armour handling sucks.  The rest is a wishlist though!
    This exists, and has for quite some time now. Morphing armour will retain descriptions on a per-type basis. For instance, if you have customised scalemail, morph it into fullplate, the fullplate shall be standard fullplate, but return to your customised description when you go back to scalemail. You can also have multiple descriptions across armour types, if you wish to purchase multiple customisations.
    Wait, really? That's like... the whole reason I've never bid on morphing armor because I (and several others) were told that it's not possible - same with the morphing weapon auctions.

• I've been told several times that morphing armour is not possible to be customized, and separately told morphing weapons will never be customizable. This is recent too, within the last couple of rl months.

• Trey said:
    Phaestus said:
    Nylian said:

Wait, really? That's like... the whole reason I've never bid on morphing armor because I (and several others) were told that it's not possible - same with the morphing weapon auctions.
    It wasn't possible for a very long time (not until very early this year), but now should work properly. For morphing armour, not weapons.
  • Phaestus said:
    Nylian said:

Was this ever officially announced? As Trey said, this was explicitly stated to not be possible in the past, and I'm not aware of any statements indicating that had changed.

It's irrelevant to me as I've already bought and customised every type of armour I can use (everything except chainmail), but I imagine a lot of other people would have liked to know that this was an option.
  • edited July 2019
    Yessss thank you!

ETA: any chance it also blocks qq/login messages? I realize it’s not possible or worthwhile to block every single possible irrelevant message, but that’s a particularly annoying one (in my opinion).
  • Zackery said:
    Yessss thank you!

ETA: any chance it also blocks qq/login messages? I realize it’s not possible or worthwhile to block every single possible irrelevant message, but that’s a particularly annoying one (in my opinion).
    Why is QQ/login more annoying than literally anything else another person might do in the room?
  • Antonius said:
    Zackery said:
    Yessss thank you!

Why is QQ/login more annoying than literally anything else another person might do in the room?
    I hate it when I DC (or someone else like me does) during a performance, because my defup is really long. 
  • Is there a way to view, comment on, or reply to one's own idea that has already received support and left the list? Because if not that would be nice.

I investigated the thing I mentioned earlier in this thread, 'directory clothing' etc, and found that although the DIRECTORY command exists for all the designed wares, other things do not - iirc you can do wares food, and get/drop 50 food, but you can't do either of those with clothing. You can also do wares jewellery, but not get/drop jewellery.

Anyway, I idea'd to add wares and get/drop for clothing, jewellery, and furnishing - but I just realized today that I forgot something. I forgot II and IH. I use II PLANT all the time so I don't have to sort through vials and shard and random things to see what I need to rift... It's such an awesome qol thing to have, and I'd love to see it expanded to clothing as I handle that a lot too.
  • Antonius said:
    Zackery said:
    Yessss thank you!

Bolded for emphasis...

Also, it’s several messages. They start qqing, they dc, they drop 20 lines of corpses and minerals, they come back and def up for a couple screens’ worth of real estate...
  • The ability for players to map their homes. (nexus)

The ability to have gardens on ships (houseboats :) )

think those two would be cool.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Slightly meme-worthy but why is there no like... Silly romance books in Achaea? Cece has this small obsession with (admittedly fake) romance novels she finds in the libraries she visits and it's always a laugh to make up new titles when certain people ask what's the newest entry she's reading.

"A Werewolf in my Bed"
    by Wanda Lovelocke 

"A Fervent Fling with a Fae"
    by Kitty Softpaws

"Lost in Lust Lagoon"
    by Giggity McGee

etc etc

I just always found those kinds of books funny IRL and a bit of a guilty pleasure that would make sense to a large library rat and bookworm like Cece, but unless I went out of my way to write one; none exist!
  • @Skye... it's your time to shine ^^^^
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    OOC clans make claim of a certain smut book in circulation from Mhaldorian publishers.

I wish I had the time and creative fortitude to write random purple prose romance or even actual books in Achaea, but I feel like if I had that I'd be better off putting it towards actual books RL. :/ 

• Access to some sort of NPC to make furniture items with the basic options list, not custom designs. I've been trying for in game years to find someone who will do custom orders and have yet to find anyone who will carry through on it.

Being able to go to an NPC and ask for an ornate cherry dresser, a ramshackle cedar rocker, or something along those lines, and just pay to pick it up would be rather nice. Then let furnishers handle custom designs through the guild.
  • Everyone hated that system, we've already tried it. 

• Stefana said:
    Cecelia said:
    Slightly meme-worthy but why is there no like... Silly romance books in Achaea? Cece has this small obsession with (admittedly fake) romance novels she finds in the libraries she visits and it's always a laugh to make up new titles when certain people ask what's the newest entry she's reading.

"A Werewolf in my Bed"
    by Wanda Lovelocke 

"A Fervent Fling with a Fae"
    by Kitty Softpaws

"Lost in Lust Lagoon"
    by Giggity McGee

etc etc

I just always found those kinds of books funny IRL and a bit of a guilty pleasure that would make sense to a large library rat and bookworm like Cece, but unless I went out of my way to write one; none exist!

Plenty of time, my sweet, plenty of time.

END OF ACT IV, SCENE III

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Mroxyl said:
    Access to some sort of NPC to make furniture items with the basic options list, not custom designs. I've been trying for in game years to find someone who will do custom orders and have yet to find anyone who will carry through on it.

Being able to go to an NPC and ask for an ornate cherry dresser, a ramshackle cedar rocker, or something along those lines, and just pay to pick it up would be rather nice. Then let furnishers handle custom designs through the guild.
    Maybe you are not offering enough incentive. (AKA payment)  :p

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I don't disagree on having basic furniture for sale at the union (it's on my list!)

But in as far as customisations go... If you're willing to do the designs yourself and only require the crafter to do minor edits and submission, most will be willing to do it for a minor fee and cost of submission. Cost of design as exacted by the guild not included of course.

That's the thing about designs in Achaea, unlike real life where if you really have no skill or expertise, you're flat out at the mercy of whatever craftsman might be able to help (and charge) you, in a text game you can quite literally design whatever you want exactly the way you want it. Subject to guild approval of course.

• edited July 2019
    An inventory category for potions/elixirs etc.; a potion belt e.g., so we don't need an army of healing items cluttering the "other" inventory category (which I prefer to only have temporary items in, like quest items).

Started player yesterday, so take my suggestion with grain of salt.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited July 2019
    @Infir the LIST ability in Vision has what you want. Try ELIXLIST or ELIST. The result should look like this, more or less (with better formatting, I pasted right from the game screen and it didn't convert well):

Vial                                          Fluid                          Sips     Months  
    Diamond vial33634             a caloric salve                106      ---

Bat-winged vial123441         elixir of the lucky            45       ---

Diamond vial137349            an elixir of health            34       ---

Diamond vial168044            an elixir of immunity          173      ---

Diamond vial182182            a salve of mending             159      ---

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."