The World Fair!!!

12346»

Comments

• Ictinus said:
    @Trey Fear not, I have a comprehensive log of every single moirah attempt.

Yes, every single one. And some of you should reconsider your lives.
    HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAA. Please tell me I severely overestimated how much I spent. Can I get a final count of my attempts?

• Mathonwy said:
    The lecture was easily the best and most memorable showcase, and part of the reason was because everyone felt comfortable enough to be a bit silly -- and even through the silliness, maintain unique aspects about their characters. Mathonwy's dislike for Targossas, for instance, or @Farrah's dislike of Mathonwy.

Or @Sothantos's dislike of xorani-human intermarriage.

Conflict isn't all formal speeches and scowling and PK. It's fleshing out the humanity of the inhuman that's the real appeal of this game.

Sothantos's dislike of many things xorani has been plenty developed in the past couple weeks. :angry:
  • edited July 2019
    Ictinus said:

Honestly? I was kind of hoping if I spent enough, Dynas would consider making it a full-time business. Alas! I think the Earth Conduit crushed my dreams of that. 

It was fun while it lasted! 
  • I never played with the moirah so can someone explain what it was and how it worked?

• edited July 2019
    Tahquil said:
    I never played with the moirah so can someone explain what it was and how it worked?

It was basically a bucking bronco that would attempt to throw you the moment you climbed in the saddle. It would sometimes lunge a certain direction which would need to be corrected if you wanted to stay on. 

When you did eventually get tossed off, you'd break your legs. So, thinking about it now, you basically paid Dynas 100 gold to break your legs for you. 
  • Ictinus said:

Don't judge me!!!!!
  • Ictinus said:

Humor my vanity a little, but was I really the first one to lean? It's not like it was that hard to figure out, but I would still be ridiculously pleased if I was. I never figure anything out. :P
  • I think there were other factors that contributed to whether you got bucked off or held on/needed to lean on each tick. I'm 99% sure your dexterity stat was one of those, seeing a lot of serpents do well, and my ride time going up when I went Dragon or ate laytronite.

Didn't know the fair was ending before the last debates, :( would've reincarnated and juiced up to actually try for a time. 
  • Farrah said:
    Mathonwy said:
    The lecture was easily the best and most memorable showcase, and part of the reason was because everyone felt comfortable enough to be a bit silly -- and even through the silliness, maintain unique aspects about their characters. Mathonwy's dislike for Targossas, for instance, or @Farrah's dislike of Mathonwy.

Conflict isn't all formal speeches and scowling and PK. It's fleshing out the humanity of the inhuman that's the real appeal of this game.

Sothantos's dislike of many things xorani has been plenty developed in the past couple weeks. :angry:
    Sucks for him, he is surrounded by them at all times. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Farrah said:
    Mathonwy said:

Sucks for him, he is surrounded by them at all times. 

This has come up on more than one occasion in our feud.
  • Asmodron sealed the kids fate with that. Blame Asmodron.

• RyxRyx North of Northreach
    Does anyone have the Vertani showcase log?
  • Anyone have a log of the final debate?
  • Ryx said:
    Does anyone have the Vertani showcase log?
    I do, but I'm not sure how soon I'd get around to sharing it. I do need to start wading through all my logs now.
  • Did anyone log the Cyrene concert? I know it's not technically part of the fair, but we tried our best...
  • edited July 2019
    If this ever occurs again, may I request  a variant of 'Cooper's Hill Cheese Rolling and Wake' as an event?

I just want to see people throw themselves headfirst down a hill for sport.
  • Trey said:
    Ictinus said:

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAA. Please tell me I severely overestimated how much I spent. Can I get a final count of my attempts?
    OH GOD WHO WON?!?!

• Trey said:
    Trey said:
    Ictinus said:

OH GOD WHO WON?!?!
    Yes, this would be nice.
  • Trey said:
    Trey said:
    Ictinus said:

OH GOD WHO WON?!?!
    I will need to scour the logs but I am pretty sure you were 2nd overall. Will update when I have a more accurate figure.
    "If you build it, they will come."
  • Ictinus said:
    Trey said:
    Trey said:
    Ictinus said:

OH GOD WHO WON?!?!
    I will need to scour the logs but I am pretty sure you were 2nd overall. Will update when I have a more accurate figure.
    That makes me slightly less enthusiastic, but the update is appreciated!