Credit sale soon?

So I came back to the game after years and years away. Instead of trying to tackle the daunting task of picking up an old character, I made a new one from scratch and I'm loving it.  And of course I'm wanting to buy credits now.

Being away so long I don't recall if there were set times for credit sales, or if they are random. Does anyone know if one is coming soonish?

Comments

• The promotions change each month. Wait until Feb. and there might be one.

• Oh I didn't know that! Where can I find what the current promotion is?
  • There is generally a post in the announce section if you are not opposed to reading those.

• 3670 is the current one. The weekly contests and a set of auctions that was supposed to happen are this month's promotions.

• Ohh I do remember reading that when I first staggered back into the realms. I understand better now. Thank you! I'll wait till after this promotion ends to see what it is.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I recommend getting the elite ($25 a month).  You get 100 credits and 5 lessons per day you log in (and the credits per month goes up incrementally until you hit 100).  On top of that you get 10% more credits per purchase (and it stacks on credit sales).  Its the best way to get a character to a playable level in a month.
  • Achilles said:
    I recommend getting the elite ($25 a month).  You get 100 credits and 5 lessons per day you log in (and the credits per month goes up incrementally until you hit 100).  On top of that you get 10% more credits per purchase (and it stacks on credit sales).  Its the best way to get a character to a playable level in a month.
    You also get an xp boost that gradually increases as well. It stacks with other xp events going on in game too.

• Yeah, I got IRE and honestly, it's helped my character catch back up after 80 years of dormancy. Its good to have them. They ARE bound, so you can't sell them on the credit market, but that's for the best, honestly.
  • Achilles said:

Did this change? The website currently says the monthly credit bonus is an additional 5 bound credits a month, and tops out at 50.
  • edited January 2013
    Horatio said:
    Did this change? The website currently says the monthly credit bonus is an additional 5 bound credits a month, and tops out at 50.

No, it didn't change. You're right.  It's an extra 5 per month until 150.  I'm also not sure that it's justified to say that IRE will get you to 'a playable level in a month'.  The 5% experience bonus you get in your first month is neither here nor there.  That said, membership is by far the most cost effective thing you can do with $25 to give your character an all-round leg up.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Should be before the next iceage at least
  • There are so many credit sales now, which I love.  I may hit the next one up.  I may do the membership for a bit too.  Not that Jules needs more gear :/  The membership does seem like a great way to go if you're trying to buff up your char though.  Then, wait for a credit sale and buy with the sale discount plus membership discount.  Then, wait for an artefact sale (in particular to buy big items).  Unless you really feel you can't enjoy your char in the meantime and don't mind parting with some extra cash, of course.