Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

We Draw Our Characters

Comments

• RyssaRyssa Member Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Thaisen
    It's my pleasure, I'm glad you and others enjoy my drawings :)
    Ryx
    Arin! said:

Its been so long since I've drawn, well, anything. It's fun to get back into it! Gosh I need to find my tablet pen. A bit of @Ryssa and @Zadkiel, I'll see if I can find anything else I've drawn recently!

Uwah!! It's so pretty! I'm so glad Arin and Ryssa are sisters <3
    EstiArin!Synthus
  • DorielDoriel Member Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Can confirm. Talking to Jiraishin is a mental breakdown waiting to happen.
    Esti
  • RhivonaRhivona Member, Moderator Posts: 139 Moderator
    Doriel said:
    I'm sure Jiraishin feels the same way about his conversations with the Teth!
    JiraishinEstiDoriel
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulkingMember Posts: 2,028 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited June 27
    Rhivona said:
    Doriel said:
    I'm sure Jiraishin feels the same way about his conversations with the Teth!
     -silent panicked screaming intensifies- 

It really is amusingly similar to how people have described having to deal with Jir, though. The unsettling silences. The knowledge that they are Always Watching. The biggest difference is that Jir, when you get right down to it, is not that dangerous. The tsol'teth... are.

The second biggest difference is it's harder to distract tsol'teth with shiny things.
    Jiraishin said:
    This isn't new, and was in fact posted on an ancient and now-dead thread, but here's a cartoon I did ages ago of what people say talking to Jiraishin is like. 

I spoke to him and wasn't at all intimidated.

Maybe I need to exist a bit longer :p
    Esti
  • EstiEsti Member Posts: 3
    Never experienced this.  Was just like.. whatever. Typical serpent who thinks he is cool and intimidating. 😂😋 I'm going to go be productive and leave Sneaky Mcsneakerson to his glaring. Maybe I'll go spy on Dunn again.
  • QidaxtQidaxt Member Posts: 15
    I wouldn't say Jiraishin is intimidating, but he sure puts the DICK in dictionary... wait.

(also jk, ilu)
    Jiraishin
  • ArmaliArmali Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Dicktionary is the new spelling of the word now.
    Ryssa
  • QidaxtQidaxt Member Posts: 15
    It's because Qi's gonna slam his dick in a dictionary if he keeps being patronising to her huehuehue
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulkingMember Posts: 2,028 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Qidaxt said:
    It's because Qi's gonna slam his dick in a dictionary if he keeps being patronising to her huehuehue
    The biggest problem with RPing a jerk is the terrible urge to message people apologies, cry 

Not that you didn't deserve everything. 
    Jiraishin said:
    Qidaxt said:
    The biggest problem with RPing a jerk is the terrible urge to message people apologies, cry 

Not that you didn't deserve everything. 
    Pretty sure you started it! But don't worry, Qi (thinks she) can give as good as she gets!
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 5,065 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Wow, having been watching quietly from afar, I can definitely see your improvement, even though you were quite good to begin with!

I can only imagine the pain it is to deal with detailed pieces, but you did a fantastic job!
               My wing tips waltz across naive
                     Wood floors they creak
                  Innocently down the stairs

Drag melody
    My percussive feet serve cobweb headaches as a
              Matching set of marching clocks
                The slumbering apparitions
              That they've come to wake up
    RyssaNumira
    @Melodie

Thank you! ^_^
  • DorielDoriel Member Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited July 12
    Melodie said:
    Wow, having been watching quietly from afar, I can definitely see your improvement, even though you were quite good to begin with!

I can only imagine the pain it is to deal with detailed pieces, but you did a fantastic job!
    seriously you're so good, honestly an inspiration for me to keep practicing heh
    NumiraRyssa
  • StefanaStefana Member Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Ryssa

I honestly don’t notice the tint difference you are talking about at all, so from the perspective of 0 artistic inclination you are in the clear.

I REALLY love the background of your latest drawing, especially the masonry on the walls and path, all your time and effort with the shading definitely paid off!

And the huge eyes and eyelashes fit in perfectly with the overall style and have so much emotion in them! Why would you want to reverse it? :o 

RyssaCailin
  • AegothAegoth Member Posts: 2,753 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Now we need a drawing of Ryssa savagely slaughtering innocent people (bashing.. bc even Cyrene does it), blood spewing everywhere and her face a rictious grimace somewhere between horror and overwhelming ecstacy. Do it
    :(       
    Yay Needs more blood on her robes tho
  • NumiraNumira Member Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Ryssa What kind of software do you use for your drawings, out of curiosity? I keep wanting to try more digital stuff, since I have a laptop that can do that, but I don’t have any viable digital painting and drawing programs. (Although I do use photoshop type stuff for color adjustments/ overlay text/ overlaying drawings/ etc on hand drawn stuff) 
    @Numira

I use Procreate. Tis $10, a free alternative that's still rather good is Autodesk Sketchbook. All you have to do is make an account for that one.

Also,P is only on Apple products, while Autodesk is on near any.
    Numira
  • NumiraNumira Member Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Wowowowow totally missed when they made sketchbook free, that’s awesome! (Last time I looked into this I was like “meh, monthly fee, Nvm) Thanks!
    Ryssa
Sign In to Comment.