War system

2»

Comments

• I would like to see something different gameplay wise with the war system. As it is the difference between war and not war is the amount of protection you get from the PK rules. If there were some fun mechanics introduced that you could only access during war times in would encourage people to declare war more often. Obviously these mechanics should include a big chunk of normal PvP as that is the most complex and fun part of Achaea, but additional mechanics should be added that enhance PVP rather than just punish people when war is declared.

The only idea I have currently is a city-specific skillset that is only unlocked by soldiers when the city is at war, but I can see how that would be unfeasable/impossible to balance.
  • Taryius said:
    Lenn said:
    Sharing EXP is a bit tricky.

Not impossible, but definitely a lot to consider.

Just as a hypothetical, suppose Armali, Calira, Shirszae, and I team up against Trusad'an in an exhibition match.

He targets me, so I start putting up reflections to stall him, while Calira focuses on healing me when he manages to hit faster than I can reflect. Shirszae tries to stick aeon, and Armali ends up just biting his head off.

Ideally, all four of us worked together to beat him and thus deserve shares of EXP, but in this case, I only got attacked, and Calira neither attacked nor defended directly, but might have been invaluable in beating him anyway.
    What about aoe attacks, if I hit all my allies with an arc will I skim xp off all their deaths should we lose?
    When that was how it worked in Aetolia, I found a lot of reasons to hit my allies and I'm not sorry.
  • What if everyone involved in a war was rewarded in some way, and the winner was just more richly rewarded and got neat honors lines/city accolades. 

The only loosers would be the cities who never create story lines that lead to war.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I think some day (maybe in 2-5 years) we might see a Warfare system pushed out that allows for more options when it comes to conflicts between city-states, such as occupation of the city-state itself, and potentially nearby allied areas/resources (Ashtan and Petra, Mhaldor and Blackrock, Cyrene and Caer Witrin, etc). I think that Mining, with the use of legions, might have been a precursor to test this, as well as the occupation of Cyrene by the Tsol'teth, to test the waters. Of course, this is all pure speculation and could be 100% wrong.

I don't really see any other way to expand the Warfare system to allow for more clear-cut win conditions other than adding in an option to Conquer or Occupy another city-state/village, and maybe be able to get some reward for doing so while the occupation is active. This could something like a percentage of gold revenue or the commodities. Perhaps even allow for Treasuries and Commodity stores to be ransacked during the initial invasion phase if a city is successfully captured and occupied.

This would add much more potential (and reason) for negotiating terms and conditions to return the city. X launches an invasion and ransackes and occupies Y. Y loses a significant percentage of any monetary and commodity based revenue they would otherwise gain while the occupation is active, which goes to X. The two city-states can negotiate terms, which could include Y paying annual tribute in the form of either gold or commodities (or a combination) for a set amount of years, in return for ceasing hostilities and returning the city.