The World Fair!!!

Comments

• I can confirm that the chocolate boxes are not able to be made non decaying or resetting
    "If you build it, they will come."
  • I'd love to see the full mhun stuff, wasn't able to be there for it. 

• That's awesome!!!

• Ryx said:
    Until then,

[spoiler]Taking a knife to the expertly cooked meat, Aleth cuts off a small section and dips it into the sauce. Spearing one of the mushrooms with a fork, he pops the ensemble into his mouth and begins to chew. A satisfied, langorous expression overcomes Aleth's features as he hurriedly finishes off the dish, soon turning to one of horror as he flips over the plate, espying a tiny label reading 'Cooper' in curling script.[/spoiler]
    I cannot help but think that the Mhun are picking things up from Mhaldor...
  • That's really gross. What kind of cretin puts mushrooms on steak?
  • Anyone have any more of the showcase logs, would have liked to see more put up.
  • RyxRyx North of Northreach
    I have more if no one gets to them soon, I'm just busy preparing for Eleusis' showcases!

I did miss the one yesterday at 9PM GMT, so I don't have that -- but I have everything else.
  • I'm gonna need bigger robes from the amount of steak I'm eating
  • Oh sure, blame the steaks fatty.
  • Vile propaganda under the cut! My favourite parts are the 300 quote and Temelin counting the Tyrannus and Ecclesiarch as two. @Ysela!

Low rumbling consumes the grounds of the Worlds' Fair as a graceful humanoid figure seems to appear from beneath the earth.
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum shouts, "Our delegation from Moghedu has arrived!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "From birth are our Keepers raised. Taught never to retreat. Never to surrender. To keep Moghedu secure, keep the Mhun people sovereign, is the greatest glory that we achieve in this life."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "Our Mhunna is mighty and wise in equal measure. Cunning, yet honest. Strong, yet kind. And it is by his righteous proclamation that I stand before you now, here to speak no word that is not true, words from the lips of the Mhunna himself!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "Of the Long War, against an embittered, flailing, thrashing foe, buried in its own arrogance, its overweening pride. And how we shattered that pride once and for all, ended their centuries-long lie of unassailability, of so-called superiority!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "It has been centuries since the beginnings of our war, and now, standing before you, we have struck at the alleged beast. We, in our alliance, halted them. Patient, they were. Confident in their victory, they savoured the meal that would come!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "But it was a beast made of heathens, westerners. Without strength, without loyalty! An army of slaves, perhaps large beyond imagining, prepared in their foolish obstinacy to believe they might devour "tiny" Moghedu? Nay, ANCIENT Moghedu, oldest of all kingdoms but three!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "They have come against us for long years, seeking to snuff out reason, justice! It is no lie to call them a beast. And it was this beast that we bloodied and butchered in the heart of their so-called fortresses!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "Hearken to my words, listeners, foreigners, outsiders from Moghedu! Because I am here to speak to you of our great alliance, and our achievement of long-sought revenge against the foolish, heathen invaders of Mhaldor."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "They came to us. The Tsol'teth, you might call them. We know them as the Tsol of War, for while we of Moghedu are peaceful by nature, we know their long history."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "We found what took you so long to discover. They were not aggressive. They simply wished to preserve themselves, and to grow."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "You will claim this alliance was a betrayal of Sapience. What has Sapience ever given us, save the relentless, unceasing assault upon our sovereignty?"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "Each of you who dies before the blades of our Keepers is one new chance that old Ugrach will finally decide that you've done enough and shove you on at last."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "To us they made their offer. We were not the first, we knew. But they were honest. They knew they could not come to us without a gift! And it was our Mhunna, brave Mhunna, who ventured alone into the lightless Underrealm!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "No ridiculous messenger, no (attempted) conquering army of dragons who would only falter and fail! No, lone Mhunna, brave Mhunna, who bestrode the blackened depths of the Tsol'teth Anzari-tarin, there to learn the truth of their intentions!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "And there did he learn. There did WE learn! The Tsol'teth asked but little of us. Knowledge of the destructive elemental mechanisms, tanks. And in return, their desire to aid us. Yes, we did not ask them. They know our honour would demand no such thing be requested!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "No, it was they who asked to aid us! Recalled their "Tide" from our tunnels before the Mhunna's fearsome prowess, as great at counsel and diplomacy as he is in conflict and war, as he is in securing the existence of our next generation!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "But now I continue. For our tunnelers, our sappers, are supreme beneath the earth."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "It was this that the Tsol'teth wished to aid. They bequeathed us fresh knowledge, new ways of tunneling deeper, farther! Of securing, fortifying, enhancing all our natural arts beyond the wildest of dreams!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "And beneath the earth did we tunnel. Through the burrows of the dala'myrr, the grottos and caverns that are our birthright. Through shadow and flame, in the deep dark, the depths of an earth home to unbridled horrors, unearthly danger."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "Yes, with the Tsol'teth beside us, with brave Mhunna to command us, we did breach the borders of the cursed island."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "They thought they were secure."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu curls his lip and sneers arrogantly.
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "They thought they were safe."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "Their so-called impregnable fortress, secure against our allies only for their inconsequential relevance to Tsol'teth goals and that we had not yet decided to demonstrate our true strength."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "And the moment arrived, the attack began! The gates of Mhaldor, blown apart by the relentless assault of the Tsol'teth, while beneath, we surged forth! Their Blood Mountain beside us, we struck, casting aside all in opposition to our mighty assault!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "Our tunnels fill the earth beneath their fortress even now. We struck as we pleased, we STRIKE as we please. Our scouts, our loyal forwards, relentlessly assault all who dare emerge, spitting them upon their blades and watering the earth with their blood!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, “Through the amaranthine Tide did we march, breaking into their most secure chamber, the ancient fissure that is the Mhaldor font! There Terrin'tuuran enacted his plan. His obliteration."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "There were we victorious! Our helms were stifling, narrowing our vision when we needed our sight. We discarded them. Our armour weighed us down. We cast it aside, for our targets were far away."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "And before all who saw, we struck at the forming Guardian! We struck at their Tyrannus, their Tyndran, their Ecclesiarch, their Viceroys!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "We remember those who fell in such glorious battle. Not with song. We remember why it began. We demanded no great tribute, no song, nor monuments, nor poems."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "And so our force died, my Mhun brothers died, sacrificing themselves to ensure our victory and the victory of our loyal allies."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "And from one to another will our triumph spread, that our warriors, so far from home, laid down their lives for Moghedu and the victory of our home."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "We made them bleed."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "And, when the time is right, we will make them bleed again."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "Thank you for listening to our tale of heroism. As there is no need for questions or discussion, I will leave you. My associates have prepared a number of wares for your enjoyment."
    With a flourish of his arm, Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu bows deeply.
    Carrying on with the inspection of his knights, Sir Temelin walks out to the southwest.
    Mason Cecelia Duskryn says quietly in a wary voice, "...Well, he fled quite quickly."

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• SophiSophi Rally Point
    Man I read halfway through part 2 before I realized the character was just Tesha backwards
  • Stheno said:
    Vile propaganda under the cut! My favourite parts are the 300 quote and Temelin counting the Tyrannus and Ecclesiarch as two. @Ysela!

Low rumbling consumes the grounds of the Worlds' Fair as a graceful humanoid figure seems to appear from beneath the earth.
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum shouts, "Our delegation from Moghedu has arrived!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "From birth are our Keepers raised. Taught never to retreat. Never to surrender. To keep Moghedu secure, keep the Mhun people sovereign, is the greatest glory that we achieve in this life."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "Our Mhunna is mighty and wise in equal measure. Cunning, yet honest. Strong, yet kind. And it is by his righteous proclamation that I stand before you now, here to speak no word that is not true, words from the lips of the Mhunna himself!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "Of the Long War, against an embittered, flailing, thrashing foe, buried in its own arrogance, its overweening pride. And how we shattered that pride once and for all, ended their centuries-long lie of unassailability, of so-called superiority!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "It has been centuries since the beginnings of our war, and now, standing before you, we have struck at the alleged beast. We, in our alliance, halted them. Patient, they were. Confident in their victory, they savoured the meal that would come!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "But it was a beast made of heathens, westerners. Without strength, without loyalty! An army of slaves, perhaps large beyond imagining, prepared in their foolish obstinacy to believe they might devour "tiny" Moghedu? Nay, ANCIENT Moghedu, oldest of all kingdoms but three!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "They have come against us for long years, seeking to snuff out reason, justice! It is no lie to call them a beast. And it was this beast that we bloodied and butchered in the heart of their so-called fortresses!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "Hearken to my words, listeners, foreigners, outsiders from Moghedu! Because I am here to speak to you of our great alliance, and our achievement of long-sought revenge against the foolish, heathen invaders of Mhaldor."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "They came to us. The Tsol'teth, you might call them. We know them as the Tsol of War, for while we of Moghedu are peaceful by nature, we know their long history."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "We found what took you so long to discover. They were not aggressive. They simply wished to preserve themselves, and to grow."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "You will claim this alliance was a betrayal of Sapience. What has Sapience ever given us, save the relentless, unceasing assault upon our sovereignty?"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "Each of you who dies before the blades of our Keepers is one new chance that old Ugrach will finally decide that you've done enough and shove you on at last."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "To us they made their offer. We were not the first, we knew. But they were honest. They knew they could not come to us without a gift! And it was our Mhunna, brave Mhunna, who ventured alone into the lightless Underrealm!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "No ridiculous messenger, no (attempted) conquering army of dragons who would only falter and fail! No, lone Mhunna, brave Mhunna, who bestrode the blackened depths of the Tsol'teth Anzari-tarin, there to learn the truth of their intentions!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "And there did he learn. There did WE learn! The Tsol'teth asked but little of us. Knowledge of the destructive elemental mechanisms, tanks. And in return, their desire to aid us. Yes, we did not ask them. They know our honour would demand no such thing be requested!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "No, it was they who asked to aid us! Recalled their "Tide" from our tunnels before the Mhunna's fearsome prowess, as great at counsel and diplomacy as he is in conflict and war, as he is in securing the existence of our next generation!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "But now I continue. For our tunnelers, our sappers, are supreme beneath the earth."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "It was this that the Tsol'teth wished to aid. They bequeathed us fresh knowledge, new ways of tunneling deeper, farther! Of securing, fortifying, enhancing all our natural arts beyond the wildest of dreams!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "And beneath the earth did we tunnel. Through the burrows of the dala'myrr, the grottos and caverns that are our birthright. Through shadow and flame, in the deep dark, the depths of an earth home to unbridled horrors, unearthly danger."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "Yes, with the Tsol'teth beside us, with brave Mhunna to command us, we did breach the borders of the cursed island."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "They thought they were secure."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "They thought they were safe."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "Their so-called impregnable fortress, secure against our allies only for their inconsequential relevance to Tsol'teth goals and that we had not yet decided to demonstrate our true strength."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "And the moment arrived, the attack began! The gates of Mhaldor, blown apart by the relentless assault of the Tsol'teth, while beneath, we surged forth! Their Blood Mountain beside us, we struck, casting aside all in opposition to our mighty assault!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "Our tunnels fill the earth beneath their fortress even now. We struck as we pleased, we STRIKE as we please. Our scouts, our loyal forwards, relentlessly assault all who dare emerge, spitting them upon their blades and watering the earth with their blood!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, “Through the amaranthine Tide did we march, breaking into their most secure chamber, the ancient fissure that is the Mhaldor font! There Terrin'tuuran enacted his plan. His obliteration."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "There were we victorious! Our helms were stifling, narrowing our vision when we needed our sight. We discarded them. Our armour weighed us down. We cast it aside, for our targets were far away."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu exclaims, "And before all who saw, we struck at the forming Guardian! We struck at their Tyrannus, their Tyndran, their Ecclesiarch, their Viceroys!"
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "We remember those who fell in such glorious battle. Not with song. We remember why it began. We demanded no great tribute, no song, nor monuments, nor poems."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "And so our force died, my Mhun brothers died, sacrificing themselves to ensure our victory and the victory of our loyal allies."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "And from one to another will our triumph spread, that our warriors, so far from home, laid down their lives for Moghedu and the victory of our home."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "We made them bleed."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "And, when the time is right, we will make them bleed again."
    Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu says, "Thank you for listening to our tale of heroism. As there is no need for questions or discussion, I will leave you. My associates have prepared a number of wares for your enjoyment."
    With a flourish of his arm, Sir Temelin, Knight Commander of Moghedu bows deeply.
    Carrying on with the inspection of his knights, Sir Temelin walks out to the southwest.
    Mason Cecelia Duskryn says quietly in a wary voice, "...Well, he fled quite quickly."

It's now official, Moghedu has now usurped Eleusis with the I win crown. *Hands off crown to Moghedu* All hail the new kings of I win.
  • Didn’t all the mhun die to the tide before the battle even started?

he conveniently left that part out =)  
  • I guess complete and utter defeat finally made the mhun lose their minds. 
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Yeah see, he left very quickly before anyone could point that out.

• How many times per Achaean month does HE go visit Ugrach? Definitely amusing and I wish I'd been there for it, though  =)
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Is the mhun wares tent still up?

• RyxRyx North of Northreach
    Yes it is!
  • I’m afraid Sir Temelin was woefully misteaken.
  • Thaisen said:
    Didn’t all the mhun die to the tide before the battle even started?

Having been there, I can confirm they definitely did not vanish from the tide. I can also confirm they hit like a truck. They were however all dead by the end of it.
  • I got to eat a @Davok steak, and it was damn good.
  • Asmodron said:
    Thaisen said:

Having been there, I can confirm they definitely did not vanish from the tide. I can also confirm they hit like a truck. They were however all dead by the end of it.
    More than one admin has said they died shortly after hitting Tide.

• Cooper said:
    Asmodron said:
    Thaisen said:

They died after. Deathsights at the time confirm they did indeed get several kills, thus the steaks. Additionally as we were among them, we saw said kills (in which they also killed some Hashani who had their auto-bashers on..). Later, hilariously enough, they were all dead but still following the tsol'teth as walking corpses. That was one of several bugs occurring.
  • Asmodron, much like Temelin, isn't going to budge from this make-believe fantasy reality he wove. No use arguing
  • edited July 2019
    Asmodron said:
    Cooper said:
    Asmodron said:
    Thaisen said:

They died after. Deathsights at the time confirm they did indeed get several kills, thus the steaks. Additionally as we were among them, we saw said kills (in which they also killed some Hashani who had their auto-bashers on..). Later, hilariously enough, they were all dead but still following the tsol'teth as walking corpses. That was one of several bugs occurring.
    Whatever you are looking at for deathsights is 100% wrong then, I can confirm they killed only Hashani on May 12th, the day the Tsol'teth raid occured. Some of the names for the steaks are characters that didn't even exist until after the Tsol'teth invasion.

I wouldn't expect you to know because you aren't Mhaldorian but the steaks were clearly not harvested from the raid, the names within are of the Mhaldorians that have been hunting Moghedu the most, as part of a contest that was hosted. 

@Cooper 's steaks are a bit too tough for Taryius' tastes.
  • edited July 2019
    Aegoth said:
    Asmodron, much like Temelin, isn't going to budge from this make-believe fantasy reality he wove. No use arguing

I do enjoy seeing your constant near fervernt insistence anywhere that "Mhaldor won", however...

@Ictinus can you confirm whether or not the mhun got any kills before their untimely demise in the siege please? I recall them walking in and swatting as they went before, however if you could let us know that would be great.