What have you designed today?

Comments

• Amunet said:
    Astarod said:

Also, thanks to @Tianondria and @Amunet for the various pieces they've done and helped me with :)

No problem. Probably 90% of the reason why I came back to Achaea is because I missed describing things in minute detail. If you start doing that in writing or conversation in real life, people tend to think you're fucking weird. ;)
    Don't worry. We know you're weird even without that.

• In Aetolia, another game by Iron Realms, I was dabbling in designing. Made a harp guitar for Iatan, my mhun bard. Saw the instrument on the internet, so I went with it.

Appearance:
    a beautiful eighteen string harp guitar
    Dropped:
    A beautiful eighteen string harp guitar lays here, silently.
    Examined:
    Made of a light, warm colored wood, this instrument is a combination of a harp and a guitar. Its eighteen strings are divided between two necks, one for a harp and one for a guitar. The harp's neck is elegantly curved, with the likeness of vines etched on its surface. Long and narrow, the guitar's neck has the words, "Make Myself A King" written on it. A leather strap is attached to the back, for the musician to strap the large instrument to his body.
  • edited March 2019
    Hi all,

First time post so go easy! I've been looking at customising my shield as I have an ice figurine but could really do with some pointers before i submit it, and someone IG pointed me in this direction.  I've spent a while thinking of the design and an hour or so writing this up, but any suggestions would be extremely welcome!  I'm a Grook Occultist in Ashtan by the way:

APPEARANCE   - a grotesque shield of horkval chitin
    DROPPED      - Attracting a number of flies, a patchwork bundle of chitin lies here
    EXAMINED     - Fashioned into a rough triangular shape and with a slight scent of decay permeating the air, mottled green Horkval chitin of various sizes have been bonded to create this small, grotesque shield. Pulled together from the spoils of war, scratches, dents and pits full of dried blood are clearly visible across the surface of each piece, expertly stitched with strips of leather and stretched taught over a macabre framework of bone. Curved sections of carapace, possibly from the chest of the original owner, aim to deflect incoming blows to one side and allowing a comfortable position on the forearm. Two deer-skin straps have been fastened to the inside to help keep the shield steady during combat, with a third allow a fist to grip and keep the wearer in control.

Thanks!
  • edited March 2019
    You likely won't get away with that DROPPED description since it doesn't say what the item actually is. Probably better to just change it to include the word "shield" in there before you submit it.

The APPEARANCE uses "horkval", but the EXAMINED uses "Horkval"; pick either one so it's consistent between the two.

In the second sentence, "taught" should be "taut". In the third sentence, "allowing" should be "allow". In the fourth sentence, "allow" should be "allowing", and "wearer" should probably be "wielder" instead.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Change "of various sizes have been bonded" to "of various sizes are bonded"

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • They won't allow scent to be part of a design. I've tried :(

You have two pieces of passive voice. How I would fix them would be:

"chitin of various sizes bond together to create.." or even "fuse together" instead of "have been bonded".

And: "Two deer-skin straps fasten to the" or even 'latch' instead of "have been fastened".

• edited March 2019
    Weird, I've had scent in a plethora of designs. My old shield (on page19) had 'the unmistakable metallic scent of blood' - maybe it's just certain scents. Some of the ones I've done for Thiev have scents as well, I'm pretty sure. If you try to enforce a feeling about the scent, you might have issues, but I don't think describing what something smells like is a problem.
    Pretty sure 'deer-skin' isn't supposed to be hyphenated as well.

• I tried including the faint scent of curing oils, maybe two weeks ago at most and it was denied saying scent isn't something we can pick up in a design. I think it's less what you try to do, and more who decides to curate it. 
  • Sure, you can't pick up the scent from a design of something, you can from the finished product however. Sounds more like an anally retentive approver than anything.

• Thanks to the help of some people I got my license and designed my first commission. Nothing super important/great, but I thought I'd share my first ever design!

Appearance (short_desc)
    delicate green slippers

Dropped (long_desc)
    No longer of use, small green slippers lie here abandoned.

Examined (extended_desc)
    Small in frame with a tapering midsole, these slippers seem tailored specifically for the feminine
    foot. Made from soft green chambray cloth, one larger cut stitched to a smaller makes up the tongue. 
    Ensuring steady footing regardless of terrain, a slim piece of leather covers the bottom of the 
    footwear. A simply designed flower carved into the underside of the heel allows an impression of the 
    marking to be left in the wearer's wake. Embroidered with yellow thread, the topline is lightly 
    decorated to provide some more visual appeal to the otherwise monotone colour.
  • Some of my favorites from what I've designed recently (minus Achi's bow, which he already posted on the 'Unique items' thread).

a soft grey shirt

Sewn from a soft blend of cotton and silk noil, this sleeveless, collarless shirt is an equally soft, unobtrusive grey in colour. Loosely fitted and long enough to be tucked into trousers, the garment is entirely unadorned save for a tiny bow-and-arrow embroidered near invisibly near the hem.
    Sometimes simplicity is good.

an eerily mirrored mask

From forehead to chin, this silvered glass mask emulates the unlined face of a young adult mhun, or perhaps a sharp-featured human. Its austere features are schooled to an expression of utter impassivity, and its curved, mirrored surface reflects a distorted version of all that stands before it. A mouth slot and a pair of nostril holes facilitate breathing while the mask is worn, while two almond-shaped eyeholes allow the wearer to see. A black cotton ribbon extends from each side of the mask, allowing it to be worn; a small bow-and-arrow emblem is embroidered in silver at the end of each ribbon.
    ...but sometimes I want to show off a little.

steel scaled gloves 

These splendidly armoured gloves are lined with soft black leather and completely covered by overlapping, irregularly shaped scales of steel: from wrist to fingertip, variegated bands of polished blue and argent steel are flecked with scales of duller, darker, metal, forming a flexible surface reminiscent both of scale mail and the skin of some strange, metallic reptile. One scale near the wrist of each glove has been engraved with a tiny bow-and-arrow.
    ...and sometimes I want to show off a LOT.
    For those who didn't follow the saga of those gloves on the rants thread, I made those myself through customisation and designed a cut-rate tailored version to sell in my shop. Behold.
    argent scaled gloves

Small, overlapping scales of silver-painted leather cover the outer surface of these splendid gloves, their argent lustre periodically interrupted by scales of steel blue. The overall effect is reminiscent less of scale mail and more of some strange, metallic reptile. The gloves are lined with supple black leather, and the lining of each is branded with a bow-and-arrow emblem.

I'm not sure if I can call this bracelet an original design, since I based it heavily on a bracelet I remember @Jurixe had way back when, that I always really liked. Still, I'm not planning to craft it for sale, and it's stylistically very much my own.

a serpentine sigil bracelet
    Sinuously twisting glyphs reminiscent of dancing serpents have been deeply carved into the thick, blue steel links of this heavy bracelet, each groove filled in with a crimson alloy. Only the bracelet's flat, circular clasp is not so marked, bearing instead the engraved image of a bow-and-arrow on its outer surface.

Sometimes I feel like doing something for no reason other than creativity and aesthetics, hence this pendant that I made with no one in mind and that probably no one will buy from my shop. 

an iridescent beetle pendant

Exquisitely carved from ammolite into the likeness of a thick-shelled, glossy beetle, the brilliant green of this pendant flashes with scarlet iridescence. It hangs from a thin gold chain, allowing it to be worn. A tiny bow-and-arrow has been engraved on the chain's clasp.

And finally, this artie mace I made for Mezghar:

a sombre iron mace

Artfully adorned but grimly functional, this mace consists of a heavy, skull-crushing ball of iron etched with a repeating pattern of flames and affixed firmly to a solid oak haft. Images of embattled vatazhi, their claws extended and fangs fiercely bared, are carved into the wood, and both flames and vatazhi glow with energy.

Other designs not shown that I've made since my last post here: scarlet shikudo gi trousers, a scarlet shikudo gi shirt, a black leather belt clasped with white jade, a grey doeskin belt, formal black military boots, handsome boots of wine-red leather, grey doeskin boots, a fiery opal ring, a vial-adorned wedding ring, a fiery guardian angel pendant, a Harbinger's ivory robes (won a contest to design the Harbingers' new official robes, woo prize money), elegant grey formal robes, an ash and ember mantle, an ash-grey mantle, a cloth of gold mantle, a magpie wing cloak, a dignified cape of grey and gold, a Luminai officer's cape, a tunic of cobalt cotton, a burgundy dress shirt, an embroidered crafter's apron, a steel-reinforced longbow, and a keyring of oathbreakers' fingers.

I'm starting to wonder if I have a crafting addiction.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I worked on Zenii's subdivision "house" finally:

Within a collapsed river grotto

Tumbling from the striated limestone cliff above, spring waters from the Zaphar River create a sparkling waterfall. The cerulean waters form a natural pool created when the dome of the underground river collapsed. The pool is surrounded by large slabs of limestone that rest by the water's edge; large stalactites grow from the ceiling high above. The ceiling and surrounding cliffs of the grotto are home to moss, maidenhair fern and cliff swallows. A soft tinkling can be heard from beneath the cavern behind the curtain of the waterfall as small rivulets traverse the pocked limestone. The jade pool slowly feeds outwards, reconnecting with the Zaphar River creating a welcoming beach of varying sizes of eroded rocks. The forest grows wildly around this oasis, hiding it from prying eyes.

*Based on Hamilton Pool near Austin, TX*

Stream amid honeysuckles

Curled hazelwoods twist and corkscrew forming a tunnel of branches that lead from the gate; honeysuckle bloom and flourish among the archway, tickling the nose and bringing reminders of summer. The archway opens to a hushed meadow full of vibrant wildflowers and wild fruit trees. Tucked inconspicuously among the northern edge of the treeline, a simple cottage built from clay and other natural materials stands resolute among the forest edge. Stick figures in elaborate scenes of hunt, handprints, and drawings in bright paints cover the lower half of the cottage contrasting against the muted earthen colours of the clay; an artefact of young children growing up and playing in the area. The trickling stream winds along the southern edge, disappearing downwards betwixt rocks and what appear to be natural stairs eroded from limestone and strengthened with mudpacked earth and tree roots.

• These are a couple of my recent designs.

Appearance: coral reef brooch

Dropped: A coral reef brooch has fallen here.

Examined: An oval of burnished dark bronze frames this brooch, with careful applications of varied shades of blue enamel creating a wavy effect as the backdrop. Vivid pink coral rises from the bottom before branching exuberantly across the enamel work. A moray eel carved from amber wraps around the base of the coral, while tiny fish carved from topaz, carnelian, and citrine peek shyly from among the branches. A dark silver shark swims menacingly over the top of the reef as glinting oxyx eyes seek prey below. A burnished bronze pin attaches discreetly at the rear to slip through clothing and secure the brooch to its matching clasp.

~*~*~

Appearance: a driftwood hairpin

Dropped: A dolphin-shaped driftwood hairpin has fallen here.

Examined: Careful carving accentuates the natural curve of the silvery driftwood from the slender tail upward as the dolphin leaps free of the hair below it in an exuberant display. Slid tail first into the hair and then turned to secure it as it lays across the back of the wearer's head, this driftwood hairpin brings an elegant touch of the sea. Shimmering mother of pearl highlights the belly area, with black pearl eyes peering playfully ahead.

~*~*~

I love being able to design things within the game, to be able to create new things to share. I do wish it didn't feel like such a crap shoot at times when submitting things, especially when you get multiple rejections, for different things. If you get a rejection, and meet the things it was rejected for, it's pretty depressing to then get it sent back again for something completely different.

• Going with the rest of her stuff, @Madelyne is nice as usual. Gave me something to use my figurines on, finally.
    Appearance: a corvid feather scabbard
    Dropped: A corvid feather scabbard commands attention from its place upon the ground.
    Examined: Neat rows of corvid feathers weave together to form the long, slender case of this deceptively sturdy scabbard. Smooth as silk, the inky black exterior of the appendages reflect midnight purple in the available light. A matching velvet lining cradles the blade when in use, the fabric creating a protective yet durable sheath. Multiple straps of black suede attached to each side of the case cross upon themselves in a design which allows the scabbard to rest across the wearer's back without compromising comfort or hindering movement. Hash marks stamped into the suede mimic the barbed pattern of the vanes, giving the appearance that each strap is a single elongated feather as well.

• Two go with Cyrene (although one was not approved until AFTER the liberation): 

Type: sash  Comms: cloth 1
    Appearance (short_desc)
    a proud rebel's sash
    Dropped (long_desc)
    A blue sash is on the ground.
    Examined (extended_desc)
    Shimmering in available light, the azure silk of this sash boldly strives to make a statement. The sash runs
    the full length of the body when worn, the border edged in bright silver embroidery resembling the peaks of the Snowy Vashnars. Once donned, a large pin holds the garment in place, the metal accessory formed into a defiant dragon in profile, its wings folded back and one claw raised aggressively.

Type: cloak  Comms: cloth 4
    Appearance (short_desc)
    a hooded cloak of Cyrenian resistance
    Dropped (long_desc)
    Little more than a pool of fabric, a blue cloak is on the ground.
    Examined (extended_desc)
    Cut to be worn comfortably by anyone, this cloak is both luxuriant and sturdy. Dyed a bold azure, the outer shell of warm wool wraps about the body completely when worn. Loose enough to allow movement, the material extends down to about mid-knee, the bottom hem ripples with any movement of the wind. The inner shell is of luxuriant silk, the shade of blue only a touch darker than the outer, but accented along the seams with bright silver. A voluminous hood lined in silver thread extends from the back of the cloak, large enough to obscure the features when pulled up. A pin keeps the cloak closed, the metal shaped into a large dragon, its sinuous form at rest with its wings folded back against its haunches.

• Designed a kick-ass jacket for @Kuririn. Gonna make boots and pants (and a bandana) to go with it.

Appearance (short_desc)
    a black leather jacket with gold spikes
    Dropped (long_desc)
    A black leather jacket has been tossed aside here.
    Examined (extended_desc)
    Fine black leather has been carefully worked to create this handsome if unconventional jacket. The collar of the jacket has been folded down, the lapels adorned with spiked golden studs. The bottom hem of the jacket rests along the top of the wearer's hips, and also features a series of spiked golden studs. The front of the jacket hangs open, with four gold, skull-shaped studs down either side of the opening. A single spiked strap with a gold battleaxe-shaped buckle sits between the bottom two skull studs, giving the jacket the ability to be closed to better block out the cold. The sleeves of the jacket are loose enough so as to allow for ease of movement, but not so loose as to be cumbersome, and feature three straps at the wrist, each strap secured by a gold battleaxe-shaped buckle and studded with golden spikes. The back of the jacket bears a tooled skull and crossbones design across it's expanse, the design outlined in gold studs. The inside of the jacket has been lined with golden silk. Sewn discreetly inside the garment is a small cloth tag bearing the insignia of a skull atop crossed battleaxes.
    Months of usefulness left: Presrvd.
  • I have a question on proper names of cities and villages. I had an item rejected for using Iskadaran, as they wanted Iskadar instead. I was guessing along the lines of Cyrene and Cyrenian, but apparently was wrong in that case.  Is there any reference or guide to give an idea of which to use for future designs?
  • Mroxyl said:
    I have a question on proper names of cities and villages. I had an item rejected for using Iskadaran, as they wanted Iskadar instead. I was guessing along the lines of Cyrene and Cyrenian, but apparently was wrong in that case.  Is there any reference or guide to give an idea of which to use for future designs?
    Bump because I too am curious!

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    I think you just have to look at the denizens and see how they're described. Like "an Iskadar woman" or "a Cyrenian woman".

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • The bandana I designed for @Kuririn. (I'm slowly but surely designing him a full outfit. whee)

Appearance (short_desc)
    a black and gold pirate bandana
    Dropped (long_desc)
    A black and gold bandana has been tossed aside here.
    Examined (extended_desc)
    This simple bandana has been crafted from soft black cotton and is designed to be worn folded
    in half diagonally, either on the head, neck, or face. Fine white and gold threads have been 
    used to embroider a large skull atop crossed battleaxes on either side of the bandana's centre 
    fold, so that the image may be seen whichever way the bandana is worn. The same gold thread has 
    been used to create a border of whorled tentacles around the edges of the entire piece.

• Hi there,

One of....very few posts I've ever written and thought I'll add in some things here to share. I've designed a lot of things over the 15 or so years that I've been playing this game in various forms. So here I'll first share the wedding attire I designed not too long ago for @Jinos  

1. Appearance (short_desc)
      an alabaster cashmere frock coat with gold accents
      Dropped (long_desc)
      An alabaster cashmere frock coat with gold accents lies here in a pristine heap.
      Examined (extended_desc)
      Sourced from the finest quality wool and treated to a pristine alabaster hue, this frock coat flaunts exceptional craftsmanship to be luxuriously formal yet resilient and comfortable enough to withstand regular wear. A smooth collar sits neatly against the neck of the wearer, the soft fabric is embroidered with gold phoenixes where the two adjoining ends meet at the throat. At the front, the left breast overlaps the right at an angle to secure the garment closed with a series of phoenix-engraved gold buttons that start at the right shoulder and finish just below the navel. Fitted arms cling to the biceps before curving out in a gentle bell-shape towards the wrists, gold thread shimmers at the cuffs where elaborate phoenixes perch with wings outstretched. The coat moulds to the underlying physique of the wearer, cinched in at the waist the fabric glides elegantly over the hips to the upper thighs. The lines of the textile taper down to the back behind the knees where a neat slit partitions the two halves of the tail up to just under the buttocks. The garment may be worn completely buttoned up with a militaristic appeal, to partially or fully unbuttoned for a more casual look or to flaunt underlying layers.
    2. Appearance (short_desc)
      a gold cashmere waistcoat with phoenix detail
      Dropped (long_desc)
      A gold cashmere waistcoat with phoenix detail lies here in a shimmering heap.
      Examined (extended_desc)
      Spun from the finest wool, the threads of this cashmere waistcoat are dyed in two different colours to create a changeable, iridescent shimmer that captures and reflects the light hypnotically in damask weaving style. Black thread in the underlying warp weave is shot with shimmering gold in the weft to create the two-tone effect. Captured within the damask style weave is an intricate phoenix across the front of the garment, the underlying black outlines the golden features of the magnificent creature. Pristine alabaster spider's silk forms a softly shimmering, pearlescent inner lining. Tailored to fit the masculine form, the fabric moulds to the underlying physique of the wearer in a double-breasted design as the left side overlaps the right, forming a gentle W-shape just below the navel. A series of parallel buckles stretch across the torso, closing the front to a span below the wearer's collarbone. Each gold buckle has an accompanying keeper bar to secure the strap's excess material neatly. Reinforced with white suede on the underside and gold sleeves at the tips, each strap is protected against wear and tear and weaves snugly into the aligned buckles to allow for suitable adjustment. Upon closer inspection, each reinforcing gold sleeve tip flaunts engraved figures of phoenixes with outstretched wings in precise detail. Large gold discs with engraved wings anchor each pair of strap and buckle at the outer edges of the waistcoat that follow sinuous lines starting near the wearer's armpits down the torso to the hips.
    3. Appearance (short_desc)
      alabaster cashmere trousers with phoenix buttons
      Dropped (long_desc)
      Alabaster cashmere trousers with phoenix buttons lies here in a pristine heap.
      Examined (extended_desc)
      Sourced from the finest quality wool and treated to a pristine alabaster hue, these cashmere trousers flaunt exceptional craftsmanship to be luxuriously formal yet resilient and comfortable enough to withstand regular wear. The waist rides low on the hips, aided by hidden white buttons on an inner band that allow its adjustment to suit the wearer. Gold coloured metal buttons moulded into the shape of phoenixes close the front of the trousers, the polished surfaces reflect the light and draws the eye tauntingly. The fabric hugs the underlying physique of the wearer without hindrance or bunching, the curves of the buttocks and thighs are subtly enhanced while a generous amount of fabric curves from the top of the inseam and over the crotch to accommodate the masculine form. The trouser legs flare slightly below the knees into comfortable bootleg style.
    4. Appearance (short_desc)
      an alabaster cotton shirt with phoenix embroidery
      Dropped (long_desc)
      An alabaster cotton shirt with phoenix embroidery lies here in a pristine heap.
      Examined (extended_desc)
      Natural cotton fibre composes the soft textile of this pristine, alabaster shirt. Tailored to fit the contours of the masculine chest and shoulders, the smooth fabric drapes over the wearer's frame. Loosely fitted sleeves billow from the shoulders and nip in at the wrist in a simple cuff that allows for freedom of movement. A lightly fitted torso enhances the underlying planes of the wearer while easily accommodating a vest or waistcoat to create a sophisticated piece for a formal occasion. Simple white buttons close the front of the shirt up to the hollow of the wearer's throat. A smooth, starched collar curves snuggly around the neck, elongated into firmly tapered corners it sits neatly over the collarbone. Perched with wings outstretched, shimmering gold embroidery depicts an intricate phoenix on each tapered corner of the collar. Depending on the wearer's desire, the collar neatly closes to accommodate a neck accessory or strategically left open to reveal glimpses of skin in a sensual, romantic style. On the inside of the garment below the collar is an imprint of the tailor's mark, a direwolf with a pair of violet eyes.
    5. Appearance (short_desc)
      alabaster lambskin gloves with gold phoenixes
      Dropped (long_desc)
      Alabaster lambskin gloves with gold phoenixes lie here.
      Examined (extended_desc)
      Soft lambskin treated to be luxuriously supple and dyed to a pristine alabaster hue forms these fitted gloves. Meticulous needlework brings segments of the soft leather together to form contoured digits that hug the wearer's fingers like a second skin. Punched into the leather over the palm and the back are barely perceptible perforations that allows for ventilation of the hands as well as aiding grip. Creamy cashmere yarn forms a luxuriously soft inner lining, adding a layer of warmth and durability. Gold thread shimmers at the back of the wrist on each glove where delicate, hand-stitched embroidery depicts a magnificent phoenix rising on the cuff with its wings outstretched. At the inner wrist near the base of the palm is a V-shaped vent that allows the garment to be easily donned and removed while remaining a snug fit when worn. A gold button shaped like a tooth slides with ease into its button-hole to close the cuff above the vent, securing the gloves in place. Branded into the cashmere lining on the inside of the cuffs is an imprint of the tailor's mark, a direwolf with a pair of violet eyes.
    6. Appearance (short_desc)
      alabaster leather boots with phoenix buckles
      Dropped (long_desc)
      Cast aside here is a pair of alabaster leather boots with phoenix buckles.
      Examined (extended_desc)
      Tanned and treated to enhance the longevity of these boots, top-grain leather forms the main material of this piece of practical footwear. Dyed to an alabaster hue, the leather is supple and moulds to the curves of the wearer's leg to reach up to just below the knees. Strategically anchored at four points on the outer calves, gold coloured buckles with white leather straps secure the boots for a snug fit while also lending the garment an air of sophistication. The tip of each leather strap is reinforced with a gold sheath, etched meticulously with a phoenix in flight they are secured by gold keeper bars to prevent the excess from flapping around. Light grey rabbit fur lines the inside of the boots, adding a layer of warmth and comfort. Carved into shape from white-stained wood, shallow heels form the base of the boots; anchored to form the inner sole are multiple layers of hardened leather cured with resin and moulded to cradle the wearer's feet. Secured to the leather at the back of each heel is a moulded gold phoenix with intricately etched details. The features glisten in the light with the steps of the wearer, adding flair, elegance as well as durability to the footwear. Stitched into the fur lining on the inside under the back of the knee is a patch of fabric with an imprint of the tailor's mark, a direwolf with a pair of violet eyes.
    7. Appearance (short_desc)
      an alabaster and gold silk handkerchief
      Dropped (long_desc)
      Dropped here is an alabaster and gold silk handkerchief.
      Examined (extended_desc)
      Sheer gossamer silk fibres are spun into this pearlescent, alabaster handkerchief. Cut into a square shape, precise stitch-work by hand reinforces the edges to prevent fraying. Each of the four corners of the fabric boasts a magnificent phoenix in flight, gold thread depicts the intricate features of the legendary bird while the embroidery also reinforces each corner and allows the creature to glisten when folded neatly and tucked into a pocket as an accenting piece to a formal outfit. A tiny slip of fabric sewn into the underside of a corner carries the imprint of the tailor's mark, a direwolf with a pair of violet eyes.
  • Hello again,

So carrying on from the previous post, going to share with you the wedding outfit I made for me. Oh and as a side comment, the game needs lots more variety in men's clothing! My current project is another outfit for @Jinos so I will share that later on once it all comes together  :)

1. Appearance (short_desc)
      a carmine damask waistcoat with phoenix detail
      Dropped (long_desc)
      A carmine damask waistcoat with phoenix detail lies here in a heap.
      Examined (extended_desc)
      Spun from the finest wild silk, the threads of this waistcoat are dyed in two different colours to create a changeable, iridescent shimmer that captures and reflects the light hypnotically in damask weaving style. Black thread in the underlying warp weave is shot with bright carmine in the weft to create the two-tone effect. Captured within the damask style weave is an intricate phoenix across the front of the garment, the underlying black outlines the carmine features of the magnificent creature. Carmine silk forms a pearlescent inner lining that slides over any underlying layers without bunching. Tailored to fit the masculine form, the fabric moulds to the physique of the wearer in a double-breasted design as the left side overlaps the right, forming a gentle W-shape just below the navel. Engraved with a phoenix then polished to be highly reflective, onyx buttons close the front, the gleaming surface draws the eye enticingly. On the inner lining below the back of the neck is an imprint of the tailor's mark, a direwolf with a pair of violet eyes.
    2. Appearance (short_desc)
      black cashmere trousers with carved onyx buttons
      Dropped (long_desc)
      Black cashmere trousers with carved onyx buttons lie here in a dark heap.
      Examined (extended_desc)
      Sourced from the finest quality wool and dyed to a coal black hue, these cashmere trousers flaunt exceptional craftsmanship to be luxuriously formal yet resilient and comfortable enough to withstand regular wear. The waist rides low on the hips, aided by hidden black buttons on an inner band that allow its adjustment to suit the wearer. Engraved with a phoenix then polished to be highly reflective, onyx buttons close the front of the trousers, the gleaming surface draws the eye enticingly. The fabric hugs the underlying physique of the wearer without hindrance or bunching, the curves of the buttocks and thighs are subtly enhanced while a generous amount of fabric curves from the top of the inseam and over the crotch to accommodate the masculine form. The trouser legs flare slightly below the knees into comfortable bootleg style. On the inside of the garment above the buttocks is an imprint of the tailor's mark, a direwolf with a pair of violet eyes.
    3. Appearance (short_desc)
      a black silk shirt with carmine phoenix embroidery
      Dropped (long_desc)
      A black silk shirt with carmine phoenix embroidery lies here in a dark heap.
      Examined (extended_desc)
      Wild silk creates the luxurious pile of this coal black shirt. Tailored to fit the contours of the masculine chest and shoulders, the smooth fabric drapes over the wearer's frame. Loosely fitted sleeves billow from the shoulders and nip in at the wrists in a simple cuff that allows for freedom of movement and swordplay. A lightly fitted torso enhances the underlying planes of the wearer while easily accommodating a vest or waistcoat to create a sophisticated piece for a formal occasion. Simple carmine buttons close the front of the shirt in a contrasting line up to the hollow of the wearer's throat. A smooth, starched collar curves snuggly around the neck, elongated into firmly tapered corners it sits neatly over the collarbone. Perched with wings outstretched, shimmering bright carmine embroidery depicts an intricate phoenix on each tapered corner of the collar. Depending on the wearer's desire, the collar neatly closes to accommodate a neck accessory or strategically left open to reveal glimpses of skin in a sensual, romantic style. On the inside of the garment below the collar is an imprint of the tailor's mark, a direwolf with a pair of violet eyes.
    4. Appearance (short_desc)
      a black velvet frock coat with carmine accents
      Dropped (long_desc)
      A black velvet frock coat with carmine accents lies here in a dark heap.
      Examined (extended_desc)
      Sourced from the finest quality gossamer silk and dyed to a coal black hue, this velvet frock coat flaunts exceptional craftsmanship to be luxuriously formal yet resilient and comfortable enough to withstand regular wear. A smooth, stiffened collar can either sit upright against the neck of the wearer to cover the ears in a gothic look or be smoothed down to suit personal tastes. Bright carmine thread depicts the details of a phoenix in flight at each elongated, tapered corner of the collar. Large lapels fold over and follow in a sinuous line down the front of the chest towards the navel. Segments of carmine velvet fashioned into reinforced straps close the coat at the front with three aligned parallel buckles. Fitted arms cling to the biceps before curving out in a gentle bell-shape towards the wrists, carmine thread at the cuffs depict elaborate phoenixes that perch with wings outstretched. The coat moulds to the underlying physique of the wearer, cinched in at the waist the fabric glides elegantly over the hips to the upper thighs above the knees. The lines of the textile taper down to the back behind the ankles where a neat slit partitions the two halves of the tail up to just under the buttocks. Vibrant silk dyed bright carmine lines the entirety of the inside of the coat, flaunting bright colour where the fabric opens with each step of the wearer or from a passing breeze. On the inner lining below the back of the neck is an imprint of the tailor's mark, a direwolf with a pair of violet eyes.
    5. Appearance (short_desc)
      coal-black leather boots with phoenix buckles
      Dropped (long_desc)
      Cast aside here is a pair of coal-black leather boots with phoenix buckles.
      Examined (extended_desc)
      Tanned and treated to enhance the longevity of these boots, top-grain leather forms the main material of this piece of practical footwear. Dyed to a coal-black hue, the leather is supple and moulds to the curves of the wearer's leg to reach up to just below the knees. Strategically anchored at four points on the outer calves, blackened steel buckles with bright carmine leather straps secure the boots for a snug fit while also lending the garment an air of sophistication. The tip of each leather strap is reinforced with a blackened steel sheath, etched meticulously with a phoenix in flight they are secured by keeper bars to prevent the excess from flapping around. Dyed to a bright carmine red hue, soft rabbit fur lines the inside of the boots, adding a layer of warmth and comfort. Carved into shape from black-stained wood, shallow heels form the base of the boots; anchored to form the inner sole are multiple layers of hardened leather cured with resin and moulded to cradle the wearer's feet. Secured to the leather at the back of each heel is a moulded, blackened steel phoenix with intricately etched details. The features glisten in the light with the steps of the wearer, adding flair, elegance as well as durability to the footwear. Stitched into the fur lining on the inside under the back of the knee is a patch of fabric with an imprint of the tailor's mark, a direwolf with a pair of violet eyes.
    6. Appearance (short_desc)
      a carmine phoenix damask scarf
      Dropped (long_desc)
      Cast aside here is a carmine phoenix damask scarf.
      Examined (extended_desc)
      Dyed in two different colours, the threads of this gossamer silk scarf spans roughly six feet in length to create a changeable, iridescent shimmer that captures and reflects the light hypnotically in damask weaving style. Coal black in the underlying warp is shot with bright carmine in the weft weave to create the alluring, two-tone effect. The precise weaving depicts a magnificent phoenix with wings outstretched at either end of the scarf, emphasised by the underlying black weave the carmine brings the glorious features of the legendary bird to life. The length of the fabric is luxurious and fine enough to simply drape around the wearer's neck or be tied into something more formal to serve as an accentuating piece to an outfit. A tiny slip of fabric sewn into the underside of a corner carries the imprint of the tailor's mark, a direwolf with a pair of violet eyes.

And of course, the wedding band.

Appearance (short_desc)
    a platinum nacre band with a ruby star
    Dropped (long_desc)
    Shimmering with a milky hue here is a platinum nacre band with a ruby star.
    Examined (extended_desc)
    Anchored into a wide band of platinum, segments of nacre rest securely within its sturdy support. The nacre forms a thin layer on top of the platinum to cover the entire outer expanse with the edges cut, moulded, and polished to form rounded sides for a secure and comfortable fit on the wearer's finger. The natural properties of the nacre add a pearlescent, milky glow with a shimmer of rainbow colour in the available light. Careful eradication of the nacre reveals the underlying platinum, the precious metal shining through to depict the phases of the moon. At the very centre of the band the celestial body flaunts its full glory with its waning and waxing sections to its right and left. In stark contrast to the milky, luminescent shimmer of the nacre a bright ruby sits within the centre of the full moon. Cut into the shape of a star, the ruby sits anchored in an eternal embrace within the core of the full moon.
  • I have two I'll put in here.

The first is a pendant designed for the Cyrenian Resistance, based on its coat of arms.

Appearance:
    a gold and lapis lazuli dragon-shaped pendant

Dropped:
    A gold and lapis lazuli dragon-shaped pendant has fallen here.

Examined:
    Draping elegantly around its wearer's shoulders, dropping to the middle of their chest, a fine gold chain supports a lapis lazuli dragon-shaped pendant. Expert carving creates a perfect likeness of Blu, the Cyrenian dragon, from the precious stone. Intricate detailing poses Blu rearing with his wings spread defiantly, facing to the viewer's right. Glittering veins of pyrite highlight his clawtips and wings, with careful polishing bringing sparkles from the veins as light moves across their surfaces.

The second is an earring for the design contest within the Seleucarian Games.

Appearance:
    an owl-shaped silver and star ruby earring

Dropped:
    An owl-shaped silver and star ruby earring has been discarded here.

Examined:
    A polished silver stud, carved into a radiant sun, anchors the fine silver chain suspending a small owl shaped charm an inch below the wearer's ear. Expertly fashioned of pure silver, delicate detailing brings out each tiny element, while careful use of darkening highlights them. Within each wide eye of this small bird, a deep red star ruby shimmers as light plays over the six-rayed star on its surface.
  • edited August 2019
    I have a problem. Please don't send help.

Appearance : a frosted amethyst fairy pendant
    Dropped : A frosted pendant glimmers faintly here.
    Examined : Braided filigree strands of white-gold and platinum have been twined together to form the delicate chain of this exquisite pendant. An ethereal coating of diamond dust covers the interlaced metals, lending a frosted iridescence to the shimmering  threads. Nestled within the hollow of the throat, a small fairy has been rendered in near perfect detail, her small body sculpted from a tiny amethyst. Her wings flair outwards, as if in flight, striations of emerald running through them in a web-like pattern. Sitting at the back of the neck, a small diamond butterfly slips into a carefully fashioned hole in the chain, keeping the piece in place about the wearer's neck.

Not a tailor either, but I still wanted to design my own clothes. Luckily, Vhaith's awesome Mama, @Ayja is so bibbling cool.

Appearance : an ethereal frosted amethyst gown
    Dropped : A silken gown of amethyst has been discarded here.
    Examined : Clinging tightly to feminine curves, this exquisite gown has been sewn from the softest of silk, dyed a brilliant amethyst hue. A thin strand of satin in the same shade slips around the neck of the wearer, keeping the garment firmly in place. A daring v-shaped neckline ends with a small diamond butterfly, just above the wearer's navel and while narrow, it still manages to reveal the soft inner swells of the wearer's cleavage. The silk has been gathered tightly at the waist, before flaring out across the hips and billowing down the legs. A split in the left side of the material shows off a subtle glimpse of thigh when in motion, enough to tease and delight while remaining modest. The entire garment has been soaked in diamond dust, giving the appearance of a permanent layer of frost.

Appearance : a trailing, hooded cloak of frosted emerald
    Dropped : An emerald cloak has been carelessly dropped here.
    Examined : Swirling dramatically about the wearer, this cloak has been sewn from a mixture of warm velvet of a emerald hue, and soft silk dyed a subdued amethyst. Soaked in crushed diamond dust to give the appearance of a thin layer of permanent frost, velvet forms the outer layer of the cloak, enfolding the wearer in capacious folds of warmth that pool around the feet, to trail slightly behind. The amethyst silk lines the entirety of the inside of the cloak, while thread of a matching colour has been used to stitch an intricate figure of a small fairy upon the right breast. A deep hood has been stitched to the back of the collar, and when raised it falls low across the eyes, plunging the face into shadow and obscurity. Held closed at the base of the throat, a small diamond butterfly slips into a knotted hole in the velvet, keeping the garment secure.

I've definitely kept with the frost theme, and mostly the fairies but I also like to add my 'mark' of the diamond butterfly so it's sometimes hard to fit both in a single design.

Edit: Yes, I know I've got two fairy pendants. Once the normal one decays, I'll just have the crit pendant one, and might end up putting the other one on public NDS.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I've only done very limited tailoring in Achaea, but I stumbled across this on Reddit and thought it would be great inspiration for anyone interested in Tailoring. It's traditional Georgian wedding attire. Wasn't sure where else to share it, and didn't want to make a new thread, so here you go.

httpsiimgurcom53zXgEZjpg

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited September 2019
    I'm never going to actually make this chair in game, so for the curious, here is my furnishing design for Amarisse's contest.

Appearance: a giant throne of charred dragonbone

Dropped: Menacing even in death, a huge dragon's skull looms over this giant bone throne.

Examined: Gargantuan dragon bones fully comprise this grisly throne, which towers imposingly above most mortals. Thick, dragon-sized femurs hold aloft a knobbly seat of tightly latticed humeri, lined on either side with small dragonlet skulls that support curved armrests of silver-capped rib bones. Reinforced by a steel bar through the centre, an enormous spinal column arcs skywards from the back, lifting a giant dragon's skull high. Wicked fangs gleam within the reptile's massive maw, bared in an eternal snarl at all who dare approach. A skeletal framework of dragon wings flares outwards from about mid-spine in a majestic display, each long, thin phalange crowned by a jagged claw. The charcoal aftermath of incandescent flame corrupts the ivory perfection of the dragon bones, a starkly intimidating enhancement to this macabre seat of power.

I had fun making this! Everyone else should post their designs as well, because I'm curious.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• You don't know how many times I've laughed at the several bone thrones that were submitted.

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I wanted to do a chandelier, but sadly that wasn't one of the options.

Here's my cooking design.

Appearance: a plate of fried blood pears with bacon and cheese

Dropped: Browned pear quarters, bacon bits and goat's cheese fill this black plate.

Examined: Chunky quarters of blood pear star in this vibrant dish, each expertly fried to a golden-brown hue with charred edges and indulgently glazed with tangy mustard dressing. Thick quarter-inch pieces of fried bacon and roughly chopped chunks of roasted walnuts add colour and texture to the caramelised pears. Bright bits of crumbled goat's cheese peek out among the mixture, and a sprinkling of green chives finishes off the plate.

Firsteaten: Biting into a soft blood pear yields a burst of sweetness tempered by a hint of tangy mustard, while tart goat's cheese, chewy bacon and crunchy walnuts provide an intriguing contrast of flavours and textures as you polish off the dish.

Thirdeaten: $+eater takes a golden-brown blood pear quarter from a black plate and pops the juicy fruit into $eater_his mouth. $+eater_he follows it up with a bite of bacon, cheese and walnut, crunching down as $eater_he slowly works through the dish.

Taste: tastes of sweet pear, tangy mustard and tart goat's cheese.

Smell: emanates a delicious aroma of fried pear and bacon.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs