Quick Questions

Comments

• Level 2s are fine for dual cutting. Technically speaking if you're going for DSB (not recommended as Infernal) or Vivisect, the only aff you "need" to stick is nausea, to bypass their parrying. You don't really need to use a tracker or anything, just highlight their tree and ginseng eats (kelp as well once you get the hang of it, and start sticking more affs). Curare will help alleviate a lot of hassle with sticking affs.

• Proficy still plays 2h infernal and does well with it. I wouldn't say it's bad.
  • Didn't say it was bad, just that Runewarden works better.

• Is there a way to place items in a room that are non-decay but not resetting? Non-decayed a couple of the items from the world fair that'd look great in my house, but I can't flame them to prevent random people picking them up from a security point of view.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    you can email customisations to have the items made resetting to a particular room. You can get the room IDs by doing HOUSING <HOUSEID> LIST ROOMS iirc. Just check HOUSING for the right syntax, I'm a little bad with syntaxes haha. 

• Gror said:
    Okay. How does dual cutting work in general? Afflictions kind of turn me off but I guess if it just throws out some hindrance that would be okay. How does it compare to dual blunt? Not sure what blunt can all do.
    Dual blunt is all about your defensive game, gotta be able to survive there output since you cant really slow them down till you try your finisher ... or pre break a limb making you have to reset it up to go for your finisher
  • Skye said:
    you can email customisations to have the items made resetting to a particular room. You can get the room IDs by doing HOUSING <HOUSEID> LIST ROOMS iirc. Just check HOUSING for the right syntax, I'm a little bad with syntaxes haha. 
    Thanks!
  • "Sadly, you aren't able to act out something that complicated."

Is this new? I keep getting it constantly when emotes are longer than two-three lines.

• Example of something returning that? I haven't ran into anything like that and all, and routinely do wordy emotes.

• It might have something to do with using one too many targeted variables in an emote ($Siduri, $Siduri_he, etc.)
  • edited July 2019
    There were no targetted variables involved. It was a generic 'expression, action. "Something", she whispers.'

I've been docked credibility points for noting in a shout that what the Ashtan bunch did was exactly what was meant to be removed with the deletion of forceboarding.

However, emote limitations are not listed as a possible credibility loss consequence, so that confuses me. Normally I don't have that issue.

• SophiSophi Rally Point
    You're not allowed to have emotions sorry
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Sophi is a Cylon, confirmed.

• Kresslack said:
    Sophi is a Cylon, confirmed.
    *queue all along the watchtower*
  • edited July 2019
    Message #2655       Sent by Achaea
    2019/7/12/1:06 Your bug report (detail: URGENT: My Alchemist has Sublimation selected and Hashan
    banned it, now I cannot go back to Formulation cos the FIELD is within the tree. please restore my 
    alchemist formulation. Thank you.) - has been removed because it is not a bug (usually meaning that 
    this is the way things are intended to be). Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or 
    misunderstanding that may be involved. The following notes were included: Wellspring bans have no 
    impact on whether or not you can switch fields.

Problem is, I can't access the FIELD syntax to change my field back to Formulation. I don't have the 3rd skillset at all...

Any ideas how can I solve this? @Makarios
  • Dochitha said:
    2019/7/12/1:06 Your bug report (detail: URGENT: My Alchemist has Sublimation selected and Hashan
    banned it, now I cannot go back to Formulation cos the FIELD is within the tree. please restore my 
    alchemist formulation. Thank you.) - has been removed because it is not a bug (usually meaning that 
    this is the way things are intended to be). Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or 
    misunderstanding that may be involved. The following notes were included: Wellspring bans have no 

Problem is, I can't access the FIELD syntax to change my field back to Formulation. I don't have the 3rd skillset at all...

Any ideas how can I solve this? Makarios
    The phrasing of the bug implied it was related to the wellspring ban - which it is not. Noting how you have not been in alchemist at any time where we checked, we were not able to confirm the missing skill. To fix your issue, you will furthermore have to be online, and in Alchemist, to ensure a proper resolution.
  • Rhivona said:
    Dochitha said:

Any ideas how can I solve this? Makarios
    The phrasing of the bug implied it was related to the wellspring ban - which it is not. Noting how you have not been in alchemist at any time where we checked, we were not able to confirm the missing skill. To fix your issue, you will furthermore have to be online, and in Alchemist, to ensure a proper resolution.
    @Rhivona, thank you, you resolved it! I got the 3rd skill tree back.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    What causes variation in repair costs for jewellery? I thought it was just number of months left, but the desert glass pendant from the Fair costs 1k to repair from 30 months, while the evileye bracelet costs 31k to repair at the same decay time.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • edited July 2019
    @Jiraishin my understanding is that it's based on the original price to make it, so something that had a crafting cost of 2k, would cost less than something with a crafting cost of 20k.

Edit from the help jewellery file:

Repairing a piece of jewellery will cost you a minimum of 1000 gold and will
    increase depending upon the original crafting cost of the item and how much
    damage needs to be repaired.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Damn but that must have been an expensive bracelet.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I know Death's Call can resurrect all non-boss denizens. Does that mean it wont work for any named denizens or just wont work for the big guys like Zsarachnor? I am looking to see if it's worth it from a quest standpoint. If anyone has clarification, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
  • Ayani said:
    I know Death's Call can resurrect all non-boss denizens. Does that mean it wont work for any named denizens or just wont work for the big guys like Zsarachnor? I am looking to see if it's worth it from a quest standpoint. If anyone has clarification, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
    For the purposes of Death's Call, a "boss" denizen is anything that is immune to critical hits. If you can get crits on it, it will generally get brought back by Death's Call.
  • In general, if a mob can be critically hit they will resurrect with Death's Call.

It would be good to ask someone to help you test some, or do an issue me so you're 100% sure.

• Do carts no longer give stasis? I had some cart wares apparently decay.
  • Where exactly can you recevie mail?
  • Armali said:
    Where exactly can you recevie mail?
    Anywhere that's not indoors, and not on the tree/annwyn/underworld/nish, from what I've noticed.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Armali said:
    Where exactly can you recevie mail?
    Anywhere on the Prime, from what I understand. So yes on the Underrealm or Meropis or an Island or ship, but not on the Tree, or the Underworld or Annwyn. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• How come you haven't responded @Pyori? You've obviously had plenty of time because it's been more than 37 seconds since I posted calling you out.

• Vision, Tattoos, Riding, Miniskills (All of them)

Which is the priority for a light PKer? 
    (I'm an awful hunter too)