Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

What Happened To You Today?

1698699701703704789

Comments

  • Achilles
    Achilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,634 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    We are just going to do the equivalent of damage to Ashtan via tanks or guards or whatever.  Was an administrative fuck up by one person and was missed for a few rl weeks during a busy time of the game.  
    image
  • Achilles
    Achilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,634 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 2019
    As far as guard bashing goes, I know Sothantos did it to Shallam after he won it so it's definitely not a Jhui tradition, it's what happens when someone gets a dozen TFs and this was pre-guards being buffed considerably (they doubled their health at the very least).  Ashtan used to guard bash Shallam with any flimsy excuse, new city leader, new MoW, new shoes, Dunn's first beer, Taco Tuesday.  Ashtan didn't even bother defending (and they had defenders) but Farrah just kept bashing away (and died probably 50 times from it) without much resistance.  A couple of experienced defenders could stop guard bashing pretty effectively if they wanted.
    image
  • Siduri
    Siduri Member Posts: 1,617 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 2019
    Minifie said:
    Leaving ship perms on a traitor is just begging to get ransacked. 
    For the last two RL months, I've been placed on PTSD leave following a traumatic work incident that led to the sudden and tragic loss of my own mother on my own watch.

    Also, for the last three months or so, my laptop has been dead and my presence in game is 95% on phone, AFK, dealing with medical issues, family matters, helping my father cope with widowhood, insurances, and his bills. That's without counting the growing pile of bills I can't yet pay because I'm considered a workplace liability due to my psychological state.

    I'm unable to focus sufficiently to write a damn IC post, or read the logs lately. So yes. I slipped up. Maybe I need to be replaced. I don't know. I'm just f-ing through with some people's shit.

    image
  • Sophi
    Sophi Rally PointMember Posts: 159 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    "I'm gonna murder you if you don't return my shit" is perfectly valid. Just happens to be unfortunate that you can be murdered multiple times. 
  • Zavala
    Zavala Member Posts: 3
    The only reason my first character is not still open pk to the Crystalline is because Shallam got sunk.

    Was definitely indefinite.
  • Astarod
    Astarod Member Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Achilles said:
    As far as guard bashing goes, I know Sothantos did it to Shallam after he won it so it's definitely not a Jhui tradition, it's what happens when someone gets a dozen TFs and this was pre-guards being buffed considerably (they doubled their health at the very least).  Ashtan used to guard bash Shallam with any flimsy excuse, new city leader, new MoW, new shoes, Dunn's first beer, Taco Tuesday.  Ashtan didn't even bother defending (and they had defenders) but Farrah just kept bashing away (and died probably 50 times from it) without much resistance.  A couple of experienced defenders could stop guard bashing pretty effectively if they wanted.
    Yeah there were some mess ups, could have done better. Oh well! Next time I'll try to handle things better on my end. Was pretty fun a few times, admittedly. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

    Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Accipiter
    Accipiter Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Zavala said:
    The only reason my first character is not still open pk to the Crystalline is because Shallam got sunk.

    Was definitely indefinite.
    Old theft rules was open PK for a while after thieving but that got changed long ago. I think stealing org ships and items do give a RP justification under rule 1 though.
  • Puxi
    Puxi Member Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Siduri said:
    Minifie said:
    Leaving ship perms on a traitor is just begging to get ransacked. 
    For the last two RL months, I've been placed on PTSD leave following a traumatic work incident that led to the sudden and tragic loss of my own mother on my own watch.

    Also, for the last three months or so, my laptop has been dead and my presence in game is 95% on phone, AFK, dealing with medical issues, family matters, helping my father cope with widowhood, insurances, and his bills. That's without counting the growing pile of bills I can't yet pay because I'm considered a workplace liability due to my psychological state.

    I'm unable to focus sufficiently to write a damn IC post, or read the logs lately. So yes. I slipped up. Maybe I need to be replaced. I don't know. I'm just f-ing through with some people's shit.
    Holy shit man, take care of yourself. If you aren't stable, it is going to be hard to care for someone else. I will check tomorrow to see if my work has an extra laptop they plan on getting rid of soon. It might not be the best, but it will run.

    In the meantime, I saw this link in another thread that might help you out: https://www.psychologytoday.com/ There are linked to therapists and resources to help you through this. Stay strong!
    SiduriRyx
  • Siduri
    Siduri Member Posts: 1,617 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Puxi : Thanks. I'm not comfortable about the laptop thing, so please don't worry about it. As for help, my employer covered a few sessions, and I was appointed a social worker today (they called just after we kicked Ashtan off the CTS Fervour).

    Your offer is appreciated, though.

    image
    Puxi
  • Morsul
    Morsul Member Posts: 139 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    actions ------> consequences.

    Grief them all until property is returned.
  • Torrent
    Torrent Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Its always been a rule usually that if someone steals from an org in the past they were full PK until they made restitution for (aka give the item back or pay the amount of the item). It used to happen when Magi would steal crystals from Master Crystal before when having no crystals would kill it. This happened in Eleusis, when Wicella stole a ton of gold from there when she left, and she was open PK till she returned it. Its an old rule that is not used very often, it also is used to discourage stealing from orgs. Granted this is mostly used for individuals, this gets a little hazy when its org v. org.
  • Sothantos
    Sothantos Member Posts: 617 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 2019
    Achilles said:
    As far as guard bashing goes, I know Sothantos did it to Shallam after he won it so it's definitely not a Jhui tradition, it's what happens when someone gets a dozen TFs and this was pre-guards being buffed considerably (they doubled their health at the very least).  Ashtan used to guard bash Shallam with any flimsy excuse, new city leader, new MoW, new shoes, Dunn's first beer, Taco Tuesday.  Ashtan didn't even bother defending (and they had defenders) but Farrah just kept bashing away (and died probably 50 times from it) without much resistance.  A couple of experienced defenders could stop guard bashing pretty effectively if they wanted.

    I don't remember this very clearly, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't the first one to guard bash after winning Staff. I'm not sure who did it before me, though.

  • Astarod
    Astarod Member Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    You are leading a group consisting of: Astarod.

    You cease to follow Mr. Astarod Blackstone, the Merciless.

    Well fuck. Help.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

    Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Tvistor
    Tvistor Member Posts: 2,900 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I'm not sure what metapassion is, but I know a very high quality sneer when I see one.
    MishgulCaelan
  • Rangor
    Rangor Member Posts: 3,308 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    All staff winners are obligated to guard bash for as long as they can upon obtaining the staff. It is tradition and motivation to the cities to perform better the next year.
    image
    CaelanFarrahAdrik
  • Torrent
    Torrent Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    You know the carnival games where you just throw money down hoping you will get better but then really don't..... That is how I feel about the Moirah, that thing hates me.
    MishgulSkyeCailin
  • Minifie
    Minifie Member Posts: 3,209 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Torrent said:
    You know the carnival games where you just throw money down hoping you will get better but then really don't..... That is how I feel about the Moirah, that thing hates me.
    I think you mean, “surprise mechanics”.
    SiduriKuririnTvistor
  • Ictinus
    Ictinus Administrator Posts: 303 Admin
    Torrent said:
    You know the carnival games where you just throw money down hoping you will get better but then really don't..... That is how I feel about the Moirah, that thing hates me.
    There is a technique to the moirah!
    "If you build it, they will come."
    Ayani
  • Marisella
    Marisella Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Today, motivated by the showcase of an Elemental faction, I decided to head up the branches of Yggdrasil again.

    However, I found out that trying to defect to a different Elemental faction was harder than I thought. I really should have chosen my faction carefully in the past. These lesser Earth elementals really hurt, especially when you decide to hunt them in the desert, and then promptly run out of health elixir while surrounded by so many aggressives...

    Ouch!

    Also I bought way too many expensive things in the Worlds' Fair. Now I have to think of how I will be able to afford to non-decay the things I like.
    MroxylYae
  • Torrent
    Torrent Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Ictinus said:
    Torrent said:
    You know the carnival games where you just throw money down hoping you will get better but then really don't..... That is how I feel about the Moirah, that thing hates me.
    There is a technique to the moirah!
    Yeah I have figured out some of it, just not the initial staying on part. Hehe
    AyaniSkye
  • Cooper
    Cooper Member Posts: 5,743 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 2019
    Marisella said:
    Today, motivated by the showcase of an Elemental faction, I decided to head up the branches of Yggdrasil again.

    However, I found out that trying to defect to a different Elemental faction was harder than I thought. I really should have chosen my faction carefully in the past. These lesser Earth elementals really hurt, especially when you decide to hunt them in the desert, and then promptly run out of health elixir while surrounded by so many aggressives...

    Ouch!

    Also I bought way too many expensive things in the Worlds' Fair. Now I have to think of how I will be able to afford to non-decay the things I like.
    I think that there is a Renegades talisman that can break your allegiance. Not sure what they cost though, might not be viable. @Marisella

  • Pyori
    Pyori Member Posts: 2,124 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    'An elemental injunction' yes. Penwize has like 60 of them, sells for around ~30-50 credits. Forget exactly.

  • Aleth
    Aleth Member Posts: 5
    I lost my mine and my complete mining legion today, I'm sad :'(
  • Kuririn
    Kuririn Member Posts: 57 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Placing one foot on the chest of Emiya to hold her in place, you drive your
    staff down with all your strength into her weakened throat. The gurgling death 
    rattle is the only sound to herald her death as she gives a single great 
    convulsion beneath your heel, then falls still.
    You have slain Emiya... Reset Success!

    And dispatch training continues on higher health targets. B)
    AstarodTaleila
Sign In to Comment.