Wishlist: Quality of Life

Comments

• Auria said:
    Cooper said:
    Lenn said:
    I wish the admin team didn't make cards that can randomly create private designs. :/
    Which card can do that?
    Yeah, Reinhold can pull private cooking designs as well as public ones.
    Incorrect. Reinhold card properly ignores designs marked as private with NDS PRIVATE <design#> YES, this also removes the design from NDS LIST and other such functions.
  • edited July 2019
    Although I didn't know NDS PRIVATE stopped it, I meant privately-owned designs, not designs removed from NDS LIST.

Since I sell the vast majority of my designs (save those marked private and a few belonging to my cafe's clan), I don't want to remove those from NDS MATCH OWNER LENN as that's advertising, though I can if I must.

But tailoring and food already don't make me an awful lot of money as it is. I don't think I'd bother creating new designs if I had to deal with other people undercutting me on them too.
  • As an aside, changing designs to private does cost 1000 gold per design.

If you had a hundred public designs, that's suddenly 100k gold to make them all private.
  • 100k gold is less than a few hours of bashing (if you're artifacted)
  • So you volunteer to enough buy stuff from everyone to offset the cost?
  • why? i'm going to spend it for my own. you can bash for yourself.
  • No thanks.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Lenn said:
    No thanks.
    Lol
  • edited July 2019
    Reinhold isn't necessarily as large a problem as you're making it, although I feel like it IS a problem - you don't want uncontrolled examples of your work out in the wild necessarily, but being that Reinhold has 4 charges and is random as to what design gets created, it more or less eliminates the possibility of someone deliberately undercutting you or your work.

EDIT: and in one outlying example, I liked the random product so much that I found who did it and ordered more.

• Lenn said:
    No thanks.
    Then I believe that's your problem, not mine, nor the system's.
  • Morsul said:
    Lenn said:
    No thanks.
    Go pay more to protect designs you already paid to preserve indefinitely. That's totally not scammy as fuck.
  • Lenn said:
    Morsul said:
    Lenn said:
    No thanks.
    Go pay more to protect designs you already paid to preserve indefinitely. That's totally not scammy as fuck.
    It's just like how nondecay and resetting are two separate mods for items. Sure, your design is now forever, but it doesn't necessarily mean someone else can't take it.
  • Morsul said:
    Lenn said:
    Morsul said:
    Lenn said:
    No thanks.
    It's just like how nondecay and resetting are two separate mods for items. Sure, your design is now forever, but it doesn't necessarily mean someone else can't take it.
    It's nothing like that at all, but continue defending IRE I guess.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    you're a baby.
  • Lenn said:
    It's nothing like that at all, but continue defending IRE I guess.
    Actually, it is, but I get the sense that at this point you're just plugging your ears and ignoring the fact that preservation and exclusivity are two distinct and separate things.
  • Keorin said:
    Cailin said:
    Keorin said:
    Literally just aetolia's clothing systems, please.
    I don't play Aetolia, can you describe it? I expect I'll agree with you though - there's several things I'd like improved with Achaea's.
    The big things are the ability to choose what's covered/uncovered by clothing, and the ability to describe how something is worn (a ribbon could be described as being wound in one's hair or around one's tail, for instance). There are also some small things that seem pretty nice too, like the ability to have clothes that have an open variable for colour, that can then be chosen by the wearer using dyekits.
    Huge rave!!! Spoilered because it's from the fair:

LOOK ME

She is wearing:
    a green and green string of crystal beads in her hair

It changes which body part each time you remove/rewear it :heart:

• So, there's a couple I've been thinking of here lately. Two are kinda iffy, but I don't think they hinge into combat too much, more a QoL thing.

1.) I've been considering picking up inkmilling cause as a runie I go through inks like crazy, but I'd have to also pick up gathering. Gathering by itself seems more like a "price of entry" skill than a stand-alone skill that offers direct benefits itself. I'd really like it if gathering was just reduced to a single ability and then thrown in as your first unlocked ability for stuff like inkmilling, cooking, and everything else that uses gathered materials. That, or I'd love it if everyone just got gathering as another trans survival ability at 80.

2.) I'd love to see more mineral types per region. Moghedu being full of only bisemutum is kinda ludicrous. If not, I'd like to see the 2000 mineral turn in for a vial of reactants bumped down to 1000. I would ask for 500, but I know that's never gonna happen.

3.) For runewardens, we have the ability to empower our weapons and armor to keep the runes on them from fading for a long time, and we have an ability that allows our sketched runes to last longer, but I'd love to get an ability to empower the jera, algiz, and berkana runes on ourselves so that they have the same longevity as gebu/gebo on armour. Not on others, mind you, just on the runewarden themselves.
  • I would love for emoting with quotes would respectfully colour things within the quotes to your says colour for easier readability. This is the one feature I really miss from Lusternia.
  • Ayani said:
    I would love for emoting with quotes would respectfully colour things within the quotes to your says colour for easier readability. This is the one feature I really miss from Lusternia.
    In the meantime...

• Add 'raremineral' tag to the directory syntax.

directory raremineral  would then show all/only the minerals listed in help 24.5 Rare Minerals (Mining)

Searching for rare minerals by name or wading through curative minerals with directory mineral is sometimes a real eyesore.

(If there's already a way to do this without searching for individual rare minerals by their names, I'd really love to know!)
  • when in the wilderness, if you survey, it gives a clickable link to head toward the exit you're picking. It wouldn't make you go faster, just be similar to walking to a landmark in the regular map
  • Mroxyl said:
    when in the wilderness, if you survey, it gives a clickable link to head toward the exit you're picking. It wouldn't make you go faster, just be similar to walking to a landmark in the regular map
    Yes, PLEASE 
  • Mroxyl said:
    when in the wilderness, if you survey, it gives a clickable link to head toward the exit you're picking. It wouldn't make you go faster, just be similar to walking to a landmark in the regular map
    Do you use mudlet? Might be able to script this  :)
  • Thaisen said:
    Mroxyl said:
    I don't think the project to map the entire wilderness was ever completed, but it was something I think @Qwindor was working on at one time.
  • QwindorQwindor Fort Riley
    Antonius said:
    Thaisen said:
    Mroxyl said:
    I don't think the project to map the entire wilderness was ever completed, but it was something I think @Qwindor was working on at one time.
    It started to become a bit unfeasble at the time due to the size of the map. I didmt even get but maybe a sixth of the way done and the file size quadrupled. Mudlet 2.1 also has issues with handling the file but maybe it is better now. I might just revisit it and have some people who have a lower standard computer compaired to my gaming setup and see how they can handle it. Right now though the svo project has my attention along with just massive amounts of regular work.

• Couldn't you just have a handful of smaller maps stitch together for the whole wilderness? Grasslands on Sapience are their own map (separate map for Meropis/any other wilderness area), for example. Even that could be further split up.
  • I think Delphinus did that with the sea maps