What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Jiraishin said:
    Astarod said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Vinzent said:
    Lol, no. The cost would be so destructive nobody would invest in ships again. Ever. 
    I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm re: the piracy nerf.

More like seafaring buff. Should have more of this, less time floating around aimlessly!

Morthif said:
    Do tokens not rez dead shipmates? That would suck. 
    I mean they guard bashed over 100 guards. a few hours on the boat ain't killing anyone. Apparently @farrah is gonna illegally kill everyone involved until the figurehead is returned. Good luck with that! :D 

Thought it was resetting, might not be, we've had it five hours now?

It's not illegal, actually. It's the usual way of dealing with org perms being used to steal org property. The thief gets killed until they give the property back.

As for the guard bash... A) That's staff tradition and your lot did it when you had staff too, so shut the fuck up about it. Though I can pretty much promise that retaliatory guard bashes are upcoming. And B ), since you are perpetually saying how you are never butthurt, you love all forms of pk and conflict... shut the fuck up about it. Or rejoice, because see point A.

And as a side note, not that long ago you instakilled me in Thera with no cause whatsoever except you thought I was hogging the denizen interaction there. So seriously, you're the last person who should get to point at any killing and call it 'illegal'.
    7. The Oceans. In simplest terms, ships can be attacked at any time, by anyone on the seas, for any reason. Attacks on ships at sea (including plundering) do not translate onto land, this includes exacting retribution personally, or via hiring. It is not considered player versus player combat if collateral damage is taken in consequence to ship versus ship combat.

I hope there's a post correcting us if this isn't considered rule #7 or something, because for intents and purposes it sounds like it is!

You should relax a little. It's all fun mate. You guys killed Icraa a few times, and me! We got bum rushed while on the ship itself. Now, you see, not everyone is like us. That's why these rules are in play. Bringing up a revenge hit? C'mon mate, you hired and got your experience back! Seems like a win. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Tesha said:
    Sophi said:
    "Was nice to have some conflict" lol
    I also consider Astarod a target for 
    No need to justify a reason for Astarod.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Astarod said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Astarod said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Vinzent said:
    Lol, no. The cost would be so destructive nobody would invest in ships again. Ever. 

More like seafaring buff. Should have more of this, less time floating around aimlessly!

Morthif said:
    I mean they guard bashed over 100 guards. a few hours on the boat ain't killing anyone. Apparently @farrah is gonna illegally kill everyone involved until the figurehead is returned. Good luck with that! :D 

It's not illegal, actually. It's the usual way of dealing with org perms being used to steal org property. The thief gets killed until they give the property back.

As for the guard bash... A) That's staff tradition and your lot did it when you had staff too, so shut the fuck up about it. Though I can pretty much promise that retaliatory guard bashes are upcoming. And B ), since you are perpetually saying how you are never butthurt, you love all forms of pk and conflict... shut the fuck up about it. Or rejoice, because see point A.

And as a side note, not that long ago you instakilled me in Thera with no cause whatsoever except you thought I was hogging the denizen interaction there. So seriously, you're the last person who should get to point at any killing and call it 'illegal'.
    7. The Oceans. In simplest terms, ships can be attacked at any time, by anyone on the seas, for any reason. Attacks on ships at sea (including plundering) do not translate onto land, this includes exacting retribution personally, or via hiring. It is not considered player versus player combat if collateral damage is taken in consequence to ship versus ship combat.

I hope there's a post correcting us if this isn't considered rule #7 or something, because for intents and purposes it sounds like it is!

You should relax a little. It's all fun mate. You guys killed Icraa a few times, and me! We got bum rushed while on the ship itself. Now, you see, not everyone is like us. That's why these rules are in play. Bringing up a revenge hit? C'mon mate, you hired and got your experience back! Seems like a win. 
    1. Combat on a ship does not equal ship to ship combat. Consider this the post correcting you. 

2. Org theft does not equal combat, ship to ship or otherwise. It does equal getting killed repeatedly, though.

3. It's not about whether I won. It's pointing out that you're being a huge hypocrite. If it's all fun, then whining about how you're being killed illegally.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Astarod said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Astarod said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Vinzent said:

Morthif said:

>>>>>Attacks on ships at sea<<<<<

I don't think you're really comprehending what you keep quoting...
  • edited July 2019
    Vessil said:
    >>>>>Attacks on ships at sea<<<<<

I don't think you're really comprehending what you keep quoting...

Seemed like there was fighting! I have heads to prove it too!

Jiraishin said:

1. Combat on a ship does not equal ship to ship combat. Consider this the post correcting you. 

Hrm, probably should have asked for someone with more authority on the matter.

2. Org theft does not equal combat, ship to ship or otherwise. It does equal getting killed repeatedly, though.

If you say so!

3. It's not about whether I won. It's pointing out that you're being a huge hypocrite. If it's all fun, then whining about how you're being killed illegally.

I wished her luck!
    Y'all should really move this to rants. This thread is for other things!
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Apparently that wasn't zoomed enough for you.

>>> ships at sea <<<

• People in Ashtan breaking Rule#1 again. I'm so surprised I nearly fell off my invisible rocking horse.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Vessil said:
    Apparently that wasn't zoomed enough for you.

>>> ships at sea <<<

Allow me to clarify, the ship was AT sea during most of it, we just docked them once we were done. Then we thought about sinking them which was when Targ came flying in.
  • Vessil said:
    giant zoomage
    I got this don't worry

• edited July 2019
    Positions on org theft notwithstanding, I am pretty sure nothing actually just lets you indiscriminately kill someone indefinitely. Section 6, constantly seeking retribution etc. A few deaths is probably little to complain about considering the damage/value, but 'killing X until they do Y' is probably issuable.
  • Jiraishin said:

Where are you getting the info for this? I've seen a LOT of heavy org theft, and not once has it ever been "We get to kill you until you give what you stole back"

• Just kind of goes to show how game mechanics/rules clash with rp consequences. Need to find better interactions or consequences in a game where death means very little and your best option is to kill someone a few times. 
  • Austere said:
    Cooper said:
    Jiraishin said:

Where are you getting the info for this? I've seen a LOT of heavy org theft, and not once has it ever been "We get to kill you until you give what you stole back"

Pretty sure Jira is right here.  Using perms to steal from an org has always resulted in full open PK status to that org. 
    Like a lot of PK rules, bountying rules, etc., I really wish if this were true (I am still unsure) that these technicalities were added to a help file somewhere instead of fading into the mists of time as the legends of older players. It really makes it difficult to understand what is and is not acceptable when half of the rules are unspoken.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Morthif said:
    Killing the shipmates may have been a bit over the line, they take forever to train and the tokens don't bring them back if you killed them in person.

You could've also just saved yourself a lot of grief by just taking the figurehead(s) quietly or emptying the strongboxes. Or sailing somewhere really far with sea monsters and getting it sunk to cost them a bit of trouble/money with salvage. :/

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Davok said:
    Austere said:
    Cooper said:
    Jiraishin said:

Pretty sure Jira is right here.  Using perms to steal from an org has always resulted in full open PK status to that org. 
    Like a lot of PK rules, bountying rules, etc., I really wish if this were true (I am still unsure) that these technicalities were added to a help file somewhere instead of fading into the mists of time as the legends of older players. It really makes it difficult to understand what is and is not acceptable when half of the rules are unspoken.
    Old ok rules, where every single thing was spelled out, sucked. I do miss reading the glorious PK lawyer replies to issues, though. 
  • Austere said:
    Cooper said:
    Jiraishin said:

I'm not saying Jiraishin is wrong, just asking where he got the info from so it could be public knowledge.

I've not seen anyone experience "free pk indefinitely" ever, couldn't find it in the HELP THEFT file or any announce posts, and I've personally stolen from an org once.

Most relevant thing I could find was Tecton's post 10 years ago changing the withdraw limit to 500k.

Just looking for clarification!

edited July 2019
    Iakimen said:
    Jiraishin said:

How much of a tradition precisely is this guard bashing? I started playing after y600, so I can't speak with certainty, but to my knowledge neither Sothantos, Penwize, or Rangor did the guard bashing that Jhui did. The tradition you speak of started with Jhui. I'm fairly certain Jarrod did not do it, though I wasn't playing then too, so I can't say for sure. Even if Jarrod  and everyone before him guard bashed, that's really irrelevant. Targossas under the following two staff winners certainly did guard bash. The tradition could've ended with Jhui or Jarrod, but it was Targossas that chose to perpetuate it over the past 3 years.

The only people who claim this is tradition is Targossas (I don't remember Jhui doing it because of "tradition", but because he could, which imo is a far better reason for guard bashing then the bullshit you're spouting), the only cities that have followed this tradition over the past few years have been Targossas, and the only people who think calling it tradition is a good enough reason to justify staff raiding is, really, only Targossas.

I've no problems with guard raiding itself - I wished Farrah kept going, frankly, I certainly would have - but I've a problem with your faction justifying it via such a frail reason. That Targossas is rationalizing a fairly griefy mechanic based on the actions some faction did to you five years ago, when 95% of current Targossas wasn't even in Targossas at that time (including your current Staff winner, whom iirc was barely active back then), is absolutely ridiculous. Especially the bolded. Are you really referring to an event years ago for which neither you nor Astarod - and neither the vast majority of Ashtan's and Targossas's current combat core - were even close to being present for? Are you all still exhibiting repressed feelings of rage over Jhui's guard bashing, even though most of you weren't even there for the act to begin with? Or are you too afraid to admit that you're guard raiding just because you're strong enough to, and this "staff tradition" lets you pretend otherwise? Because it doesn't.

I'd suggest the next time you guard raid, you do it proudly and explain that it was just for griefing purposes and to impart feelings of rage, despair, impotence, and vengeance onto your victim. That is why I guard raid - and that is why you guard raid, too. The Staff lets you guard raid better. It doesn't give you a better reason to do it than the rest of us. Don't ever say this again.

Actually I was mentioning it because it was presented to me as a cool tradition. :(

Now, the guard bash we're currently doing is definitely to impart feelings of rage, despair, etc.

EDIT: Also, I think I -was- around for Jhui's bash. Not that it changes anything else you said.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    i'm still butthurt about jhui 
  • Jiraishin said:
    impart feelings of rage, despair, etc.
    Wait do people actually care about guards?

edited July 2019
    Pyori said:
    Jiraishin said:
    impart feelings of rage, despair, etc.
    Wait do people actually care about guards?
    I dunno, do they? Let's find out together.

Less flippantly, I think the main deal is the morale blow and the statement made. The treasury drain and pain-in-the-ass of rehiring and re-placing tends to be secondary.

• edited July 2019
    @Morthif does

So does Achilles
    On a completely different note, I had loads of fun with the debate tonight. I love that kind of thing. I was actually hoping to argue neg side on that prompt, just because it would go against everyone's expectation of my character.

Now would other cities please field some late entry teams so I don't have to bite my nails debating against Mathonwy every night ohgod

• edited July 2019
    Iakimen said:
    Jiraishin said:

How much of a tradition precisely is this guard bashing? I started playing after y600, so I can't speak with certainty, but to my knowledge neither Sothantos, Penwize, or Rangor did the guard bashing that Jhui did. The tradition you speak of started with Jhui. I'm fairly certain Jarrod did not do it, though I wasn't playing then too, so I can't say for sure. Even if Jarrod  and everyone before him guard bashed, that's really irrelevant. Targossas under the following two staff winners certainly did guard bash. The tradition could've ended with Jhui or Jarrod, but it was Targossas that chose to perpetuate it over the past 3 years.

The only people who claim this is tradition is Targossas (I don't remember Jhui doing it because of "tradition", but because he could, which imo is a far better reason for guard bashing then the bullshit you're spouting), the only cities that have followed this tradition over the past few years have been Targossas, and the only people who think calling it tradition is a good enough reason to justify staff raiding is, really, only Targossas.

I've no problems with guard raiding itself - I wished Farrah kept going, frankly, I certainly would have - but I've a problem with your faction justifying it via such a frail reason. That Targossas is rationalizing a fairly griefy mechanic based on the actions some faction did to you five years ago, when 95% of current Targossas wasn't even in Targossas at that time (including your current Staff winner, whom iirc was barely active back then), is absolutely ridiculous. Especially the bolded. Are you really referring to an event years ago for which neither you nor Astarod - and neither the vast majority of Ashtan's and Targossas's current combat core - were even close to being present for? Are you all still exhibiting repressed feelings of rage over Jhui's guard bashing, even though most of you weren't even there for the act to begin with? Or are you too afraid to admit that you're guard raiding just because you're strong enough to, and this "staff tradition" lets you pretend otherwise? Because it doesn't.

I'd suggest the next time you guard raid, you do it proudly and explain that it was just for griefing purposes and to impart feelings of rage, despair, impotence, and vengeance onto your victim. That is why I guard raid - and that is why you guard raid, too. The Staff lets you guard raid better. It doesn't give you a better reason to do it than the rest of us. Don't ever say this again.

You are like the Grinch stealing Christmas. Quit ruining our traditions. :(

("Tradition" doesn't mean it's for vengeance though. I think every staff bearer should do it because how often are you strong enough to solo bash full stationary stacks? But if every staff bearer does it... What is that called? It's not meant as a blame game by most of us at least.)
  • Aegoth said:
    Morthif does
    Don't think he does, just rehiring and placing them all again, which I guess is understandable. It's monotonous more than anything, in the same vein as replanting totems. B-o-r-i-n-g.
    Jiraishin said:
    I think the main deal is the morale blow and the statement made. The treasury drain and pain-in-the-ass of rehiring and re-placing tends to be secondary.
    Is there a morale blow, though? That's what I'm asking. Savants alone can cover literally thousands of guards if need be, so even that drain isn't a huge deal. Really I think the only 'annoying' part is not having a font, and that's getting remedied.

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Jiraishin said:
    On a completely different note, I had loads of fun with the debate tonight. I love that kind of thing. I was actually hoping to argue neg side on that prompt, just because it would go against everyone's expectation of my character.

Now would other cities please field some late entry teams so I don't have to bite my nails debating against Mathonwy every night ohgod
    I am bitter that this was implemented so long after I left, but I just read the post and this looked AWESOME. Y'all killed it!
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Cooper said:
    Jiraishin said:

I don't know where it came from or how legitimate it is, but I did hear the very same thing said after Wicella did her thing.
  • Leaving ship perms on a traitor is just begging to get ransacked.