mushclient plugin GMCP_to_world - IRE.Target.Info

Any idea why the mushclient plugin GMCP_to_world is not receiving the GMCP message IRE.Target.Info ?

(It's listed within the supported messages inside the plugin)

Comments

• As far as I'm aware it's a module you need to enable.
  • Hi Vinzent.  Thanks for the response.  Do you know how to enable modules?  Is it like a GMCP message I need to send to the Achaea server to let it know I can handle the IRE.Target.Info messages?
  • Yeah, but I have no clue how to do so with MUSH. The respective function in Mudlet would be sendGMCP().
  • Okay.

I wonder if IRE's gmcp specification document has been updated since the 11th March 2014 as the document that appears to have this date on IRE's website doesn't even mention IRE.Target.Info.

Also, the Core.Supports.Set GMCP message sent by my client includes IRE.Target in the list of supported modules.

Perhaps someone from IRE could comment?  (Do they respond to forum messages or do I have to submit a ticket or something?)
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Something like     sendGMCP([[Core.Supports.Add ["IRE.Target 1"] ]])  for Mudlet.  I would imagine it would be similar in MUSH. 

• This is what is being sent already:

supports = {"Char 1", "Char.Skills 1", "Char.Items 1", "Comm.Channel 1", "IRE.Rift 1", "IRE.FileStore 1", "Room 1", "IRE.Composer 1", "Redirect 1", "IRE.Display 3", "IRE.Tasks 1", "IRE.Sound 1", "IRE.Misc 1", "IRE.Time 1", "IRE.Target 1"};

SendGMCPPacket("Core.Supports.Set " .. json.encode(supports))
  • Update:

It's not working as I want it to, but I have at least received at least one IRE.Target.Info GMCP message so the module seems to be enabled.  I don't know what woke it up, but I think it's a client/server exchange thing.  I found something that seems relevant in the Lusternia forum.  (Thank you Google!)

https://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/2159/gmcp-documentation
    (It's almost at the bottom of the first page)

This is assuming IRE have GMCP coded the same in both games, which seems reasonble.   Differing data sets for sure, but those that are named the same probably behave the same.
  • Update #2:

Seems to work fine so long as I manually set my target before entering combat with the 'settarget' / 'st' command.

It's a bit cumbersome, but it's worth the effort to be able to track my target's health.

Thank you all.