The World Fair!!!

Comments

• RyxRyx North of Northreach
    Showcase: Kelstaad!

[spoiler]A vaguely boarlike woman emerges from the Flame of Yggdrasil, sauntering along the highway at a pace limited by her significant bulk.
    A small halfling child skips in from the west.
    Trampling across the grasses of the Sangre, the figure traipses into the Worlds' Fair show grounds, utterly  oblivious to the crowds she pushes aside in her advance.

A tiny halfling child exclaims, "A show!"
    Tesha says to a tiny halfling child in a mellifluous voice, "Oh good, none of those 'cool' dragons ate you."
    A tiny halfling child says, "I found out dragons are lame."
    A tiny halfling child says, "They snuggle and have bad sense of direction."
    Tehntaithe shouts, "I have travelled through worlds, and planes, and, well, lots of grass, to be here."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "Gods are cool!"
    Tehntaithe shouts, "I represent the Kelstaad and offer my education to those willing to learn."

... (Walking to Tehntaithe) ...

Possessing a large and bulky frame similar to all of her tash'la brethren, Tehntaithe nonetheless commands a distinct elegance of posture in spite of her vaguely boarlike appearance. Her tusks are sharpened to jagged points, each adorned with a pair of golden rings that glint and twinkle in the light. Violet eyes gleam upon her face, met by an almost ethereally absent expression as the theologian wanders among her own thoughts. A brown leather robe clings to the woman's body, accentuating her stocky frame as the fabric bulges awkwardly at the shoulders and legs, offering little class or grace to the otherwise refined figure. Dozens of colourful beads hang from her long hair, rattling with each passing motion as she foregoes the typical braids in favour of unruly freedom.
    Tehntaithe does not even register your presence as a threat.
    She has 100% health remaining.
    She weighs about 218 pounds.
    You see nothing in it.

Tehntaithe says, "As befits one of my manners, I shall wait a while longer for others who wish to hear my lesson."
    Tehntaithe says, "I do not represent the Earthen tribes, however we have a great debt to Elemental Earth and would certainly proffer our assistance if asked."
    Tehntaithe says, "Are there any present familiar with the debt of which I speak?"
    Tehntaithe says, "Good, I find myself more relaxed among those who are at least tangentially familiar with our history."

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum finds a less crowded section of the tent and begins to scribble quietly into a journal with a dark plumed quill.
    Tehntaithe glances around at the gathering, idly counting heads before nodding in apparent satisfaction. As the tash'la's eyes fall on Nissa, she offers a second nod of approval.

Tehntaithe says, "Then let us begin."

Tehntaithe offers another final glance at the crowd before turning her eyes skyward.
    Tehntaithe creases her brow in a frown.

Tehntaithe says, "I should have realised that looking at your sky would not offer much inspiration."
    Tehntaithe says, "Our topic is Creation, and the forming that all educated tash'la know to be truth."

Tehntaithe closes her eyes and inhales a long, drawn out breath before commencing the presentation.
    Tehntaithe's eyes snap open again suddenly, her expression glazed and trancelike.

Tehntaithe says, "Of Father Sky's children and Mother Earth's song I begin to sing."
    Tehntaithe says, "Mother Earth who adorns herself in winter with the snowy mantle of the Worldspine range, who gushes freely with the flowing vessels and veins that are her rivers in spring."
    Tehntaithe says, "Of Father Sky, whose great fires are cast down upon Mother Earth in the time of summer's flame, and of the cleansing rainstorms he brings in autumn's sorrow, that she might begown herself come the breaths of winter."
    Tehntaithe says, "Of these I do sing, that they might look upon me in the love and pride of parent for child, now until the ends of eternity."
    Tehntaithe says, "In time before time was time, there was darkness. We are of Earth the Mother, but we were not yet born."
    Tehntaithe says, "All was empty, save those who were Mother Earth, Starry Heaven of Father Sky, and gloomy Night lurking in shadow's corner, ever plotting, always fearing those beyond her."
    Tehntaithe says, "And so it came that Time was abandoned by Lustful Night into unending Emptiness, gleaming in her emerald radiance, for she desired rule of all, more than the unchanging static of Time's embrace."
    Tehntaithe says, "Yet Time was enraged, for he hated his lusty brother of Empty, and so did Time the son of Night take vengeance upon Night for her abandonment of his bedchamber."
    Tehntaithe says, "And so he set worlds to motion and Space to eternal action, that the Star-wrought heavens of Father Sky and his burning heat would rise and fall upon Mother Earth, and cast her into pain and suffering in an endless cycle."
    Tehntaithe says, "For Time was a cruel master of that which Night held within her womb and would not countenance his opposite to gain his eternal embrace."
    Tehntaithe says, "And so here were born Aether, and Day to oppose Night, from the depths of Time's child in limbo, and Aether did lay with Time and so birth Memory, and Night did lie with Day and so was born Song within her, and Day did embrace new-formed Love in search of the Empty."

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum keeps her eyes fixated on Tehntaithe, occasionally looking down into her notes as she transcribes hastily.

Tehntaithe says, "And from here was born the Blue, that which would come to forever stain Father Sky's starry heavens in Hate when it was cast down to become Sea, leaving only the stained remnant of its presence upon Father Sky's expanse."

A tiny halfling child listens intently, though he doesn't look like he's understanding even half of it.

Tehntaithe says, "And Empty did strike against his brother, for he too knew that Time was a cruel master of Night even as he desired Night's torrid embrace for his own."
    Tehntaithe says, "And so he enacted a plot, that would destroy Time's favoured children who were also his children, for both Time and the Empty had shared in Night's womb, and so she had given birth to three within her, all of her yet shared between Time and his brother."
    Tehntaithe says, "For rebellious Sea within Night, alongside our Father Sky and Mother Earth, had always desired Mother Earth, and in conspiration with Emerald Night did cast himself upon her, yet Father Sky would countenance no such crime."

Tehntaithe shakes her head from side to side, a profound sadness plain upon her features.

Tehntaithe says, "And away they cast themselves, Mother Earth enwrapped in the embrace of Father Sky, and here it was that our tale begins."
    Tehntaithe says, "Grant us great song, Mother Earth, Father Sky in whom both Mother and Father are held, to celebrate the holy people of the tash'la who are for ever."
    Tehntaithe says, "For we sing of how we came to be, when the enveloping embrace of Sky did penetrate the deepest depths of Earth."
    Tehntaithe says, "And in spilling the seed of his heavens in a great shower, so did he bring forth us, the first peoples, for we did inhabit the womb of Mother Earth."
    Tehntaithe says, "For beneath Aether, the far-off, and the starry heavens we were suckled, and became as we are."
    Tehntaithe says, "Yet we did not emerge, for Father Sky was fearful, and unwilling to surrender Mother Earth to the ministrations of Sea, and Night, and Day."
    Tehntaithe says, "And Time's children of Corruption and Hate did come, for they sought to place upon us a curse, that our Father and Mother would know the pain of a lost child as they knew the pain of a lost mother."
    Tehntaithe says, "Yet the Mother was quick to perceive it, and so placed within us the strength of her depths."
    Tehntaithe says, "And so did our birth in her crystalline womb bring us forth, there to oppose the fire and ash of Hate beneath Sky's boundless vista, the gaze of the Mother upon us."
    Tehntaithe says, "And Father Sky saw pride in what he and Earth had made together in Love, and so cast off his embrace."

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum continues to scribble, taking in every word.

Tehntaithe says, "And so did he challenge Time and Night and Day, and so as Mother Earth did strengthen her children did he force Night and Day to turn themselves from us."
    Tehntaithe says, "Yet when one might seek to destroy he shall take focus upon it, and thus is the other freed from his struggle, and so it is also in reverse."
    Tehntaithe says, "Yet Father Sky would be divided and so he could not forever do what he had done, and as he lifted Mother Earth into his heavens within him, there they would travel forever and so divide all their tasks with equal fervour in protection over their chosen children."
    Tehntaithe says, "And Hate did flee into Night's embrace, and Love did flee apart from them, and there was no love in their union, only fury."
    Tehntaithe says, "But of the children of Time and Empty and Night and far-off Aether and Day and Memory and Song we shall have new stories and songs."
    Tehntaithe says, "For beyond they did lie with mortal men and bear them children like gods, yet they were also not like unto gods, for they were only of one line of the divine..."
    Tehntaithe says, "...and the people of the Mother and Father are of two."
    Tehntaithe says, "But now let us sing, children of the Twins who divide the worlds, sing of the company of women and the Breaking of the Moons."

Tehntaithe's eyes regain their lucidity and she pants as the song reaches its conclusion.
    Tehntaithe attempts to perform a courteous bow but finds the gesture utterly unsuited to her frame, stopping halfwayt and returning to an upright pose.

Tehntaithe says, "This lesson is a fundamental part of tash'la culture. The children of the Kelstaad learn it at the breast."

A tiny halfling child beams broadly.

A tiny halfling child exclaims, "I don't get it!"
    Tehntaithe says, "Such things are often intended to be interpreted in one's own way, although the meaning of this parable is quite explicit I believe."
    Tehntaithe says, "I am interested to hear interpretations of the Primes before me, if any are willing to share them."

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum stares off for a moment before jotting down a few more notes.

Auria says in a soft, warmth filled voice, "I fear that any interpretation we could offer would be tainted by our view of the Divine, and how little most, if not all, of us understand your people."
    Tehntaithe says, "I would put it to you, Auria, that culture itself is a collection of tainted views on all manner of subjects and topics."
    Tehntaithe says, "That is how such things come about, absent direct narration from the creators."

A tiny halfling child scratches his head in confusion.

Tehntaithe says, "We of the Kelstaad know this irrevocable truth, and do not spend our days arguing over it. It simply is."
    Esti sticks out her tongue and whispers to a tiny halfling child in a soft, gentle voice, "I dont understand either."

A tiny halfling child beams broadly at Esti.

Tehntaithe says, "A time may come in the future where Primes are permitted to cross the Western Wall and traverse the High Plains."
    Cailin says to Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum in a clear voice, "Will there be a book of this in your library?"
    Tehntaithe says, "A good question, Cailin. Archivist, you have taken sufficient notes?"

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum nods with a courteous smile, finishing one final sentence before carefully closing her journal shut.
    Tehntaithe nods.

Tehntaithe says, "Written copies, annotated in places appropriate, shall be available in the months to come."
    Tehntaithe says, "A fine subject for study, if you find your minds unwilling to bend around the concepts laid out clearly here today."
    Tehntaithe says, "Meanwhile, the Kelstaad has provided a pair of wares for Primes to purchase, a mere tithe of our culture, but an inside glimpse nonetheless."
    Tehntaithe says, "Archivist, if you would be so kind as to open the stall?"

Tehntaithe nods.

Proprietor: Quartermaster Hemtosh.
    --------(Item)------(Description)------------------------------(Stock)--(Price)
            glass207760 cocktail (glass of authentic dormium cocktai   24     650gp
            beads477307 a black and white string of crystal beads      47    2500gp

Tehntaithe says, "My thanks to the Head Archivist for hosting me at this ceremony, and to the audience as well."
    Tehntaithe says, "Our cocktails are legendary among the citizens of the Kelstaad, garnised with our most precious mineral."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "And thank you Tehntaithe for sharing that with us. And of course, I will be around to add even more to my journal."
    Tehntaithe says, "I would encourage those who have not yet experienced the pleasure, to pay a visit to the Qerstead."
    Tehntaithe says, "Though the town is removed from metropolitan Kelstaad, it is as fine a site as any to learn more."

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum shouts, "Immense thanks to Tehntaithe of the tash'la, providing a detailed and fascinating performance about the history of creation from the perspective of the Kelstaad!"
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum shouts, "In just over a quarter of a day, our next showcase is due to commence!"[/spoiler]
  • Mhaldorian RPers doing quite well
    Carnivalis Institute of Jestering Showcase: Tilia's Letter!

[spoiler]Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum shouts, "Our next showcase is about to begin, this time by the Carnivalis Institute of Jestering!"

A tiny halfling child exclaims, "Is it clown time!!"
    Tilia says happily in a rich contralto voice, "Welcome everyone!!! We have two performances for you this month!"
    Tilia says in a rich contralto voice, "First up I will reading a letter to you guys, I hope it entertains you as much as it did me!"
    Tilia says in a rich contralto voice, "If everyone will settle down we can get started!"

Tilia walks to the front of the tent and smiles.

Tilia says excitdly in a rich contralto voice, "I am going to read to you all, a letter I recieved."

Tilia waves the aforementioned letter before clearing her throat and begining.

Tilia says in a rich contralto voice, "To whom it may concern,."
    Tilia says questioningly in a rich contralto voice, "Comma."
    Tilia says decidedly in a rich contralto voice, "No,."
    Tilia exclaims in a rich contralto voice, "To whom it may concern!"
    Tilia says excitedly in a rich contralto voice, "Exclamation Point!"
    Tilia says in a rich contralto voice, "Statements of extreme false-importance or infinite loudness. Should always end with at least one point of Exclamation, though some prefer dozens, denizens of the dozens."
    Tilia exclaims loudly in a rich contralto voice, "To whom it may concern!!"
    Tilia says in a rich contralto voice, "Two, perfect."
    Tilia says truthfully in a rich contralto voice, "It has recently come to my attention, not to say."
    Tilia says in a rich contralto voice, "I wasn't attentive before. That you my good sir, are an ass."
    Tilia says arrestedly in a rich contralto voice, "Period."
    Tilia says in a rich contralto voice, "New paragraph. It helps people to know when it is important that they begin reading again."
    Tilia says demandingly in a rich contralto voice, "Am I not entitled to a title?"
    Tilia says stubbornly in a rich contralto voice, "No?"
    Tilia says cajolingly in a rich contralto voice, "Not even a single mention or jot?"
    Tilia says sadly in a rich contralto voice, "No?"
    Tilia says in a rich contralto voice, "Question mark..."
    Tilia says in a rich contralto voice, "That is an unacceptable punctuation."
    Tilia says in a rich contralto voice, "I refuse to allow even my sentences, or their unfortunate punctuation flaws, to await an answer from the likes of you."
    Tilia says determinedly in a rich contralto voice, "Period."
    Tilia says consicely in a rich contralto voice, "Consider this an official notice.."
    Tilia says tauntingly in a rich contralto voice, "I find you, your 'style', and your 'Quotational Fortitude' unquotable at best."
    Tilia says laughingly in a rich contralto voice, "Unless quoting and unquoting sarcastically."
    Tilia says sarcasticly in a rich contralto voice, "Sincerely..."
    Tilia says in a rich contralto voice, "Sincerity seems to have been established already."
    Tilia says happily in a rich contralto voice, "Yours in extreme hatred and disappointment,."
    Tilia exclaims in a rich contralto voice, "Much better!"
    Tilia says vexingly in a rich contralto voice, "The Voice Inside Your Head."

Tilia lifts her eyes from the letter, her lips quirking into a smile.

Tilia exclaims skeptically in a rich contralto voice, "Apparently not even my inner monolouge likes my writing!"

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum looses a cautiously quiet chuckle.
    A tiny halfling child blinks in confusion.
    Tilia tucks the letter away with a laugh, and gives a little bow as she walks away, ending her performance.
    Tilia's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Tilia exclaims happily in a rich contralto voice, "Don't go anywhere because up next we have The Great Couldini!!"[/spoiler]
    Carnivalis Institute of Jestering Showcase: Magic show!

[spoiler]Couldin says distastefully in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Now, with that tomfoolery out of the way..."
    Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "I, am the great Couldini."
    Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "I am sure there are those of you in the room who practice some form of wizardry. But I am here to tell you that I am the truest magician in all the land! BEHOLD MY POWER!"
    Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Ahem. If we could all step out to another location, my powers are rendered inert by this tent."

A small halfling child skips out to the west.

... (Move west) ...

Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Just kidding, I can now re-enter the tent! my powers grow by the moment!"

... (Move east) ...

Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Apologies, the universe is mysterious."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "Funny joke already!"
    Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Now, BEHOLD MY POWER!"

a crash of thunder reverberates throughout the room, although it becomes apparent from the sounds of shuffling feet and the movement of the curtains that a sheet of metal was simply struck behind the tent.

Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Are you all aware that all animals, no matter how dissimilar, share a common pattern?"

a stagehand drags a large tortoise into view.

Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "With a bit of coaxing, an animal can be converted into any other!"
    Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Watch and be amazed."

A tiny halfling child gives a horrified gasp.
    Couldin taps on the shell of the tortoise and walks around it in a circle, mumbling under his breath.
    the tortoise retracts fully into its shell until no part of it is visible.

Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Now, for the magic word..."
    Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Hubbula bubbula!"

seconds pass, and the shell remains seemingly empty.
    Crouched low, and moving swiftly, the beast of the crypt lopes in from the west.

The beast in the crypt sinks its claws into Olin's skin, and he winces as an oozing yellow substance leeches into the wound.
    Olin eats a potash crystal.
    Marron attempts to stifle his amusement but cannot help laughing aloud.
    Olin takes some salve from a vial and rubs it on his legs.
    The beast in the crypt sinks its claws into Olin's skin, and he winces as an oozing yellow substance leeches into the wound.
    Olin takes a drink from a black-walnut vial.
    Olin takes a drink from a crystal vial.
    Couldin coughs softly.
    Olin leaves to the west.
    Koi gives a trillingly melodic laugh.
    The beast in the crypt hurls himself directly at Tesha, attacking with tooth and claw as the metal embedded in his flesh scrapes against her skin and tears it like thin paper.
    The beast in the crypt sinks its claws into Tesha's skin, and she winces as an oozing yellow substance leeches into the wound.
    Tesha takes a drink from a vial of tempered steel.
    With a swiftness greater than mortal knowledge, the beast in the crypt races out to the west.
    "Ummmm," Farrah says uncertainly.
    seconds pass, and the shell remains seemingly empty.
    Crouched low, and moving swiftly, the beast of the crypt lopes in from the west.
    Stretching his drooling muzzle wide, the beast in the crypt closes his jaws upon Tesha with a deadly bite.
    a seagull's head pops out of the shell!
    The beast in the crypt sinks its claws into Tesha's skin, and she winces as an oozing yellow substance leeches into the wound.
    Face set with grim determination, Landon's eyes close as a golden light begins to shine forth, emanating from within his body.
    Farrah draws a card from his deck, an expression of focussed determination sliding onto her face.
    Ashlia gives a horrified gasp.
    Koi gives a horrified gasp.
    Deziny looks up into the air for divine inspiration.
    Stretching his drooling muzzle wide, the beast in the crypt closes his jaws upon Tesha with a deadly bite.
    Farrah utters a prayer and smites the beast in the crypt with an elegant silver mace.
    Farrah has scored an ANNIHILATINGLY POWERFUL CRITICAL hit!
    Marron says in an appealing, husky voice, "The hell."
    The light grows more intense, and with a gesture of utter submission to the Dragon within, Landon throws his arms wide and his head back as he screams, "Aaashhaaaaaaxxeeeeiiiiii!"
    Couldin takes a drink from an oaken vial.
    Stretching his drooling muzzle wide, the beast in the crypt closes his jaws upon Farrah with a deadly bite.
    Farrah eats a potash crystal.
    the seagull wriggles out of the shell and flaps onto Couldin's outstretched hand.
    Ayani rips into the beast in the crypt with her massive, deadly claws.
    Kuririn ponders the beast in the crypt with a contemplative expression.
    Farrah utters a prayer and smites the beast in the crypt with an elegant silver mace.
    Farrah has scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!
    The beast in the crypt hurls himself directly at Farrah, attacking with tooth and claw as the metal embedded in his flesh scrapes against her skin and tears it like thin paper.
    Taryius says in a harsh, rasping voice, "Incredible. He summoned a crypt beast."
    Farrah has scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!
    Ayani has scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!
    As a distant, triumphant roar is heard, the golden light coalesces about Landon. His body begins to change, and deform. His head flattens, as his neck lengthens. His body grows dramatically as wings sprout from his back, and a massive tail quickly extrudes from what are now his hindquarters.
    Stretching his drooling muzzle wide, the beast in the crypt closes his jaws upon Farrah with a deadly bite.
    Farrah has scored a CRITICAL hit!
    Farrah eats a potash crystal.
    Kuririn leaps into the air and launches a flying kick at the beast in the crypt.
    The beast in the crypt dodges the blow.
    Ayani has scored a CRITICAL hit!
    Farrah's angel flares its wings and flaps them powerfully at the beast in the crypt, causing shards of crystal to tear through his flesh.
    Farrah has scored a CRITICAL hit!
    Ayani spits a stream of acidic venom at the beast in the crypt who writhes in agony as the spittle seeps into his skin.
    Cooper sinks his fangs into the beast in the crypt's body.
    Cooper has scored a WORLD-SHATTERING CRITICAL hit!!!
    The beast in the crypt stiffens and drops dead as the venom proves too much for his system.
    The beast in the crypt has been slain by Cooper.
    A tarnished locket on an iron chain tumbles out of the corpse of the beast in the crypt.
    A chipped tangerine shard appears and clatters to the ground.
    Numerous golden sovereigns spill from the corpse.
    A sycophantic shoulder cape worn by Cooper darkens as he appears enlivened and determined.

Opening her mouth wide, Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum gapes in wonder.

Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Um, yes! that is what happened!"
    Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Apologies, my power seems to be too great. That is not what I intended."
    Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Anyhow, onwards!"

another stagehand carries out a small table. Atop it is a white cube of chalk.

Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "I have mastered the art of regeneration."
    Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "That is something simple, you think."
    Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Simply apply the proper salve and all is fixed."
    Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "I, however, have mastered it to the point that I can regenerate any object!"

Couldin smashes the cube violently until it is reduced to a fine powder upon the table.
    Couldin produces a small cloth from his bag with a flourish and places it over the chalk powder.

Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "This is my patent-pending regen-kerchief."
    Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "It is enchanted with dark magics from long forgotten tomes."

Couldin shakes the cloth over the powder, and the kerchief begins to fill out. After a moment, the bottom of a cube is visible beneath the cloth. Couldin yanks away the kerchief and, lo and behold, the same cube is on the table once again.
    A tiny halfling child gives a horrified gasp.

Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Now, to prove it is the same chalk cube..."

Couldin chips a corner from the block, and an ear-piercing scream begins to erupt from it.  At the same time, bright crimson blood spurts from where the block was chipped, spraying Couldin across his face and jacket.
    "Eek!" Couldin shouts in fright.
    Couldin tosses the cube reflexively. A stagehand lingering nearby manages to catch it and runs out of the tent. A trail of blood and screaming follows them out.
    Couldin coughs softly.

Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "The process is still... in the works."

A tiny halfling child creases his brow in a frown.

Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "For my last trick of the show, allow me to introduce you to an associate of mine."

Couldin removes his pirate hat from his head and holds it towards the crowd.

Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "This is Irat. I made him talk for a show once and he hasn't stopped talking since."
    Irat says with a rough, indeterminate accent, "yer no better, oh great magician."
    Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "He is quite annoying to work with, but serves as a brilliant magical conduit."
    Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Here, I'll make up a new magic with him on the spot!"

Couldin digs in his pack for something. After some time, he pulls out a small wooden rod and shows it to the crowd.

Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Now, I place it in like so..."

Couldin holds the rod in Irat and begins to stir it around the inside of the hat. Irat coughs and gags during this process. With a look of triumph, Couldin pulls the rod out and shows that there is now a puff of pink cotton candy on one end. It is visibly wet around the edges, and a bit of unknown liquid runs down the rod and over Couldin's hand, dripping down onto the floor.

Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Huzzah!"
    Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Instant cotton candy!"
    Irat says with a rough, indeterminate accent, "ya may wanna keep that'n to yerself, magic hands."
    Irat says with a rough, indeterminate accent, "it ain't exactly sanitary."
    Couldin says disappointedly in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "I noticed..."

Couldin hands the soggy cotton candy off to his nearest assistant, who was until this moment not paying the least bit of attention. Unsure what to do with it, and startled by the sudden shift of attention onto him, he panics and consumes the entire wad of candy. The stagehand's eyes bug out and he runs out of the tent clutching at his stomach.

Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "He'll be fine."

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum creases her brow in a frown.
    from outside the tent, you hear screams followed by what can only be described as a wet explosion. Something splatters against the tent from outside.

Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "The fairs have an excellent janitorial staff."
    Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Before I let you go, I would like to say I am looking for stagehands. If you know anybody appropriately obedient and unsuspecting, send them my way! the mortality rate is the lowest it's been in years."
    Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "With that out of the way, that's all for the great Couldini! Enjoy the rest of the fair."
    A tiny halfling child says, "That's not at all what I imagined clowns like..."
    Couldin says in a high-pitched, chirping voice, "Clowns exist on a spectrum."[/spoiler]
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Cailin said:
    I'm just super curious about one thing, not sure if I should be asking this in game or what. Some of us were under the impression that we were limited to selling only 5 items in our tent... I'm wondering what was the reason for that, or if it was a misunderstanding?

(Hashan and Mhaldor had about a dozen items, not sure about Ashtan and Targossas.)
    We were also told 5 items, with a maximum of 3 unique ones.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I absolutely agree
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Farrah said:

A smartly-dressed, tiny halfling child says, "They got what they deserved for being mean to the kitty."

I'm with the halfling child.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• penis dust
  • Alasiel said:
    It was super fun! But we're lucky that stuff like this didn't accidentally make it into the performance:
    SAY Unfortunately for her, you idiots are in charge of her fate. (edit later)
    And yet, look what happened to the world when we left them in charge. :(
  • I see nothing wrong with this outcome.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
    Anyone catch the showcase earlier? I don't even know what it was.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I got part of it, but I left the log on my office notes (whoops!). Was story time with Nissa. And a double billing!

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    if that's what stheno looks like i'm converting rn
  • Like mhun matter at all. EZ lv 80 bash spot
  • I think I'm addicted to riding the Moirah... So much fun! I'd throw credits at having one of these around to ride all the time. Just saying! Awesome job whoever thought of it!
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited July 2019
    They're offering a non-decay/resetting sidhe chocolate box in the auction, does that mean it's one of the wares that will be denied non-decay/resetting customisation by credits/figurines from the start?

That's something to think about before the auction over inflates the value.